Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 8:58am

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu / JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Bat Style kung fu?

Ok, I am pretty ignorant about kung fu but I cant find anythign about this except on their site. I dont know the guy who wrote this personaly but I trained under another black sash that was trained by his master for a short while. I have to say that he was full of it. Now the Master John Ng is a great guy.

I dont know but it just seems weird like the guy watched Batman begins and made up this style in my opinion. I could be wrong but I wanted to see if any of you Kung Fu guys could shed some light on this.
    http://www.ngfamilystyle.com/articles.html click on the dance of the bat article.

Here is a tiny bit of it.

"The Bat Style originated from a most secretive style, a style called Hom Don. It was a system which it was greatly misunderstood because it employed advanced, radical fighting techniques not common to the Chinese culture at that time. The style employed throwing weapons, darts, potions, elixirs, and poisons. The style originated from Six-Harmonies Fist, a predecessor to Hsing-I Chuan, but was quite wrongly dubbed an evil art due to its different and final approach to winning a fight.
    These people lived near the Cambodian border and Thailand, because they were often persecuted and literally condemned. The students were very oriented to country and faith, therefore, they were often hired out as political assassins when they felt it would benefit their families and country, such as the time of the Warring States. According to legend, one of the disciples of this house escaped to Japan sometime before, or during the Mongolian Invasion. Once in Japan, this man known as “The Buddhist Laic”(this man could have also been Taoist) started a branch of modern day Ninjitsu, teaching the Bat Style’s unusual weaponry including use of chain weapons, shurikens, and flying discs, as well as integration of Dim Mak strikes as found in the Ninja system “Gyoku Ryu.” This band of “warrior monks” began to integrate the Bat Style’s unusual weaponry and mastering of point strikes into the proliferation of what is today modern Ninjitsu. The Bat Styles’ protector was Jon Kwai, an exorcist from the Tang Dynasty, who according to legend could control evil spirits, perform supernatural feats, or even kill from a distance "

So whats the verdict on this?
  2. KhorneliusPraxx

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 9:11am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Kata?

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 9:23am

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some people just ask to be laughted at.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 9:28am

Style: Judo, Xbox

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds like a lot of bullshit to me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 9:33am

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu / JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is the thing. The master John Ng is a real stand up guy and legit. He has Instructors spread out all over. I have met some and they are pretty cool. I have met a few who seemed to be off their rocker and in some dream world.

Now I have learned about some styles I never knew of before like Dog Style so I was trying to see if this was real.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 9:53am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    CMA includes things like Duck Style and even FETUS Style boxing so BAT Style isn't a stretch but I've never come across it before.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
  7. KhorneliusPraxx

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 9:59am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD ASIA
    CMA includes things like Duck Style and even FETUS Style boxing so BAT Style isn't a stretch but I've never come across it before.
    I mastered Fetus Style in the 8th grade.:sad5:

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 10:07am

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD ASIA
    Maybe I've cultural bias, but I find those utterly ridiculous.

I mean, I know CMA loves animals, but come on... :munky2:

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 10:08am

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It sounds ridiculous, BUT that link you posted went to an awfully long, detailed article -- one that would take enough work to write that I'd be hesitant to call it pure BS -- or, at the very least, the author -- insane or not -- believes what he writes.

However, "the Bat Dance" document (I'm sorry, I can't help but think of Adam West...) is rife with hyperbole and dubious claims that seem a bit divorced from reality. I'm sure the average layman would read this and think that Bat Style (or teh r34l Bat Style) is the uber art. It's used by ninjas, after all, so it must be kick ass. (Of course, that may be the whole point of the document.)

They probably won't ever compete in UFC because the art is too d3adley, it's a secret family art, and poison darts aren't allowed -- so we'll never know!

I suspect it's not bullshit -- but that it is just a flavor of goofy kung-fu taught/proliferated by goofy people. Just a guess.

-daGorilla

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 10:16am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If they can legitimately prove that they are the link between China and Gyokko-ryu, that would be a huge historical find...at least as far as MA is concerned.
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast