Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/12/2006 7:52am

Style: Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [media]http://www.zenergyarts.com/videos/ZAKickBox.wmv[/media]
    "This video shows Sifu Kai Uwe Jettkandt, a member of the International Martial Arts Hall of Fame and a Shaolin Wahnam instructor in Germany, teaching his students how to use Kung Fu techniques against Muay Thai and Kickboxing. Notice how Sifu Jettkandt is both stable and agile in his use of traditional Kung Fu stances."

Maybe I'm missing something, but he doesnt appear to move like someone who's mastered anything...

The Guru Muay Thai stood out for me as well - I trained MT as a teenager and the top guys were known as Master - e.g. Master Toddy and Master Sken. I know it's been well over a decade since I trained, but I dont think anything changed.... Never heard of "Ajarn" - is that the Thai word for master?

Welterweight

Posted On:
    5/12/2006 8:00am

supporting member
     Style: Yoseikan Budo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OMG that video is typicall.

I don't know of any MT guy who trow a round house and just stand there....
    Martial Arts is like sex, if you over complicate it with exotic sounding names, theories and principles, you end up fucking yourself in the ass. -Ronin69

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/13/2006 12:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Apparently he was awared the title of Grandmaster in JJ by his Sifu in Shaolin because he's trained students who are masters. Go figure... Bullshido at it's finest.

I have now asked a bunch of questions seeking validation of the mastery in the other 7 arts he claims. Im guessing he was probably awarded them as well.

Posted On:
    5/13/2006 8:47pm

Style: Pekiti, ARMA, other stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain
    Apparently he was awared the title of Grandmaster in JJ by his Sifu in Shaolin because he's trained students who are masters. Go figure... Bullshido at it's finest.

I have now asked a bunch of questions seeking validation of the mastery in the other 7 arts he claims. Im guessing he was probably awarded them as well.

Silat instructors are also known as Guru's, not guro's(because silat is indonesian, as oppsoed to filipino). Guru is the most generic term, and any rank of meaning within the system would have an additional word for it

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/13/2006 9:19pm

Style: JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ummm gyros

Posted On:
    5/13/2006 9:32pm

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Guru is the most gangster term I've ever heard applied in martial arts. It's worth training years in an Indonesian MA just to gain this title.

Hi, guys

Posted On:
    5/13/2006 9:52pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    gigolos!
    More human than human is our motto.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    5/13/2006 11:01pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain
    "My old students in Grappling and BJJ won last year International German Champion in no Gi and with Gi as white belts the blue belt category also Grappling tournaments and get also Pokals for the best team in tournaments, best technique submission and fastes submission 20 sec in the final of the tournament. I think the list shows I know how to train shoots and to counter them."

Anyway to verify this?
    If he means the BJJ and Subgrappling Internationale Deutsche Meisterschaft (IDM) I would ask for names because the man who runs it was my first BJJ BB and I attended them in 2003 and 2004. Still I could get the results for 2005 form Micheal.

This is the biggest BJJ tournament in Germany and Michael is a member of the German Top Team and AFAIK the only German BB in Germany.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    5/13/2006 11:41pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD ASIA
    If he means the BJJ and Subgrappling Internationale Deutsche Meisterschaft (IDM) I would ask for names because the man who runs it was my first BJJ BB and I attended them in 2003 and 2004.
    Your first BJJ BB? Do you mean that you gave him a black belt in BJJ?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/14/2006 2:49am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks Asia - I have requested the details from him already, but Im now being told I havent asked in a polite enough manner to warrant an answer. Amazing.

Also - I've never heard of awards for fastest submission or best technique in a tournament. Is it a German thing (or a normal BJJ thing that I've missed?)

Lights Out - I think Asia means the guy is the first BJJ BB he trained with.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast