Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/10/2007 8:07am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: freestyle karate mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I distinctly remember seeing speakmen did have a number of real fights in his youth & 80's where he proved himself worthy of his rep.
    #1 Some jock smacked his little brother when he was 17 & he roundhoused him twice in the head, then spinning kicked him just about breaking his nfl helmet
    #2 A few years later ( as reported on CBS) after learning of the death of his friend he entered a Korean night club & pounded on 6 guys. I also remember reading about him entering a TKD school & kicking the **** out of their 3 best students! ( this one I actually wouldn't find hard to beleive).
    And some of you question his fighting rep. Ha!

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    1/10/2007 8:09am

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGaijin
    you imbecile. I was quoting you talking about Gringo. Not about what you said. Notice i used the word "he". this is different from "you"

when you get out of highschool you stop using "owned", makes you sound 12. You might want to stop quoting people in your sig everytime the say something positive about you. you might notice its not usually done. It looks SAD.

boy, are you fucking stupid, or what?
    Whatever sock puppet.

You got owned because you let your stupid ass mouth run off.

HA HA. Just jealous because no one says anything good about you. Probably because you are a stupid ass sock puppet.

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    1/10/2007 8:10am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mawashigeri
    I distinctly remember seeing speakmen did have a number of real fights in his youth & 80's where he proved himself worthy of his rep.
    #1 Some jock smacked his little brother when he was 17 & he roundhoused him twice in the head, then spinning kicked him just about breaking his nfl helmet
    #2 A few years later ( as reported on CBS) after learning of the death of his friend he entered a Korean night club & pounded on 6 guys. I also remember reading about him entering a TKD school & kicking the **** out of their 3 best students! ( this one I actually wouldn't find hard to beleive).
    Wow. Lots of UNSUBSTANTIATED claims.

Besides, nobody said he couldnt fight. Who said that?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2007 8:35am

Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

dude! i saw that CBS report. Though i dont know if i'd have called it a TKD school. More of a MA gym in a Korean area. But i must admit he was impressive

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2007 3:12pm

Style: BJJ, MMA, Judo, WTF TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldman34
    Gringokahns point is,

You can safely practice something like BJJ at almost full speed and not have the injuries, that you would get if you used say...

Digging your fingernails into someones gums...

This is called "aliveness" in training. If a technique is "too d34dly" to practice then its useless.

Quit being a troll.
    Yes, this is what I meant.
    Last edited by gringokahn; 1/10/2007 4:12pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2007 4:11pm

Style: BJJ, MMA, Judo, WTF TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGaijin
    he seemed to be talking about the grappling techs Speakman was adding.

see here

And very few people call it "aliveness". Most people would call it resistance. And it's not at all special.

u might want to vistit sherdog or MMA.tv. You'll notice only a minority of people call it aliveness. It may be a good phrase for marketing or group tugging but it sounds retarded

Well, if that's the case then these people have never heard of/met/trained with Matt Thornton or know about SBGi, Bullshido.net, or otherwise, they would more than likely use the term"aliveness". You having not heard that term on Sherdog and MMA.tv means nothing. The folks on there probably fall into the above category. Cutting-edge, no-bullshit methodologies and philosophies are often not known by the wider majority, ESPECIALLY in the Martial Arts world. And the fact that you haven't seen others use it here contradicts your own argument that it is only a popular term around here, but doesn't discount the fact that you haven't seen others use it here, or have been to a throwdown and haven't heard the term; but again your experiences do not automatically invalidate "aliveness".

There are lots of idiots, noobs and generally unaware people that post here, and nobody saying it to you or you overhearing the term at a TD doesn't mean ****. Maybe nobody at the TD got into a convo where they needed to say it. Maybe they did and you missed it. Maybe nobody likes you. I don't know. But I bet if you had asked, at least someone there would have known what it is and said that it is a valid term/concept.

Furthermore, IMHO using the word "resistance" is like trying to describe the phases of combat using the old outdated and inadequate concept of "ranges" versus "phases". "Resistance" is simply too ambiguous a word to accurately describe what's going on when you train in a way that allows you to simulate actual combat as close as possible without excessive injuries occurring.

If you accurately understand the concept of "dead" training, and you are NOT engaging in it; you will use it's opposite description "aliveness" to describe what you do. It's not a marketing gimmick, or some catchy saying only heard on Bullshido; and if you take the time to study this concept more in depth, you will adopt it.

Unless of coarse, you are:

A. A troll.

B. Blind and stupid.

C. A sock puppet and oldman 34 is right...

D. All of the above.

You really should visit the links below before and study the concept a little more before posting about it further-

http://aliveness101.blogspot.com/200...aliveness.html

Video of Matt Thornton speaking about aliveness and training methods a seminar in Denmark:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...22756738846126
    Last edited by gringokahn; 1/10/2007 6:45pm at .

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    1/10/2007 4:48pm

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

You have just described the plot to "Perfect Weapon"

I can't decide if you are taking the piss or are really REALLY dumb!

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    1/10/2007 5:33pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dumb.

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    1/10/2007 5:44pm

Style: JKD & Mok'bara