Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/16/2006 5:34am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is a great video!
    I'm so disappointed, I just sat my 3 year old down to watch it and asked if he'd like to do that one day.
    He said no.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    5/16/2006 5:51am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthWest
    That is a great video!
    I'm so disappointed, I just sat my 3 year old down to watch it and asked if he'd like to do that one day.
    He said no.
    Don't be. My oldest didn't want anything to do with MA when she was 3 but now she has here own gi and enjoys schooling her older cousin.:new_spira
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    5/16/2006 8:21am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthWest
    That is a great video!
    He said no.
    I have a 3 year old son, too. He's too young to be thinking about **** like fighting. In fact, I don't know that he can even really grasp the concept of competitiveness at that age. He just wants to play in his sand box and ride his tricycle, which is fine.

That doesn't mean you can't start "training" him. I bought my son some little boxing gloves and I let him hit me in the face with them. He loves that, and with just a little encouragement, he's already starting to throw more straight punches instead of girly haymakers. I also wrestle with him a lot, just so he can start getting a feel for it.

I imagine he'll develop an interest in martial arts just from growing up around it, but I won't push him. Martial arts is something you have to love to be good at. Otherwise, you won't have the will to keep pushing yourself to improve. Having said all that, it's awesome what those kids in the video are doing.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/16/2006 11:22am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by devil
    I have a 3 year old son, too. He's too young to be thinking about **** like fighting. In fact, I don't know that he can even really grasp the concept of competitiveness at that age. He just wants to play in his sand box and ride his tricycle, which is fine.

That doesn't mean you can't start "training" him. I bought my son some little boxing gloves and I let him hit me in the face with them. He loves that, and with just a little encouragement, he's already starting to throw more straight punches instead of girly haymakers. I also wrestle with him a lot, just so he can start getting a feel for it.

I imagine he'll develop an interest in martial arts just from growing up around it, but I won't push him. Martial arts is something you have to love to be good at. Otherwise, you won't have the will to keep pushing yourself to improve. Having said all that, it's awesome what those kids in the video are doing.
    Thats awesome. My boy is almost 4 months and I can't wait until he can start rolling and punching me in the face. As it is now I just make an idiot of myself and laugh when he giggles at me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2006 11:50am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is the adult competition video clip from the same tournament.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...0&q=pankration

Next event will be held Aug 20th at the University of San Diego.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2006 11:59am

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was fucking awesome.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123