What do the above posts say?
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Posted On:
    1/26/2007 5:37pm

Style: Shootfighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So far, the response is not very positive, I know. But I thought that in the couple of months between then and now, more people might have come into contact with Gakic, and maybe have more things to say. Besides, there were not that many posts to begin with.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/26/2007 8:06pm

Style: BJJ/boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Complete crap.

First the name comes from the taste, that is what your gag reflex will sound like when you take it "GAKIC!!!!!", that's if you take the powder form.
    Second I tried it for a couple weeks and didn't notice any benefit. When I returned it for the money back the guy behind the counter started the song and dance that "you didn't give it long enough" and the always great "well it really works well for most people, guess you are just one of THOSE people it has not effect on".

Don't waste your time with this stuff.

Acupuncturist / Anesthesia Student

Posted On:
    1/27/2007 10:38am

Style: Mostly weights now...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anything coming from MuscleTech is immediately suspect because of the history of their advertising practices. Now their adds read "Special 4-page report" or some crap like that because they got in trouble for having various people write up inflated stories about their supplements and made it look like an independent article. Plus all of their before and after stories are BS. Now their advertisements have pretty pictures that diagram what they claim the products do, or they have a graph showing their product rating high...but it isn't to scale or the axis isn't even listed.

But the best is the add with their "scientific advisor" looking at a test tube while wearing his stethoscope [edit: this isn't the add I was looking for but you get the point]:

Sometimes they do have good products, but they tend to be overpriced. People used to hype Hydroxycut but Sportpharma's Thermadrene was better and about half the price.

All these factors combined should make people shy away from their products.

Posted On:
    1/27/2007 12:31pm

Style: Shootfighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well damn. Thanks for the input, I appreciate it.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/27/2007 1:43pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I believe Gakic to be a product structured after BodyQuicken. These substances are supposed to work on the central nervous system making the neural signal from the brain to the muscles either faster or of greater magnitude and vice versa. Therefore it is designed to increase exercise intensity, if you exercise more intensely for a a sustained period of time you will experience greater results from your training. BodyQuicken is also taken by students and people who have to focus mentally due to its supposed heightening of the CNS. I have sampled both products. BodyQuicken made me feel as though I had done a line of meth and my heart was going to explode. I never tried it again. I was only given a two day sample of Gakic (a serving is 6 horse pills as I remember) and the first day I grappled fantastic didnt get tired and was really sharp mentally. WOW this stuff is great I thought. I tried my second sample the next day and had no effect at all leading me to believe I just had a really good day on the mats the first time and the product had nothing to do with it. My personal opinion is that it is overpriced nonsense, but like I said I have had limited exposure and have a general distaste for the supplement industry.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/31/2007 6:47pm

Style: Boxing, MMA/MT/BJJ n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Quikfeet509

Gakik is 100% bullshit. I was dumb enough to buy it a while back and it didn't do a damn thing. Didn't gain any weight, didn't help increase any of my lifts, didn't even give me a slight sugar rush. And Anator is nothing but an overhyped weight gainer + creatine.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/10/2007 9:58am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kickboxing / BJJ / Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry to resurect this old thread, again, as it has been laid to rest once or twice already, but I figured I'd give my input here too.

I've been using gakic for a week or two now, and have noticed nothing as far as gains go. Not in strength, not in explosiveness, nothing. For a product that says it works immediately, it should in no way take a couple weeks to kick in, either.

Actually, I lied a little. I put my deadlift up by 10 lbs, but THAT is not worth the $100 I spent on the crap.

I noticed too that the only testimonies they put on their websites were by their spokespeople.... funny, that.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    8/10/2007 2:11pm

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2007 2:30pm

Style: BJJ/no-gi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is this one of those male only products?

I've seen this one:

http://www.phd-supplements.com/formulax.shtml

Don't fancy trying it myself although i really like PhD products, especially the Synergy Iso-7 and Pharma Whey.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast