Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    5/10/2006 5:38pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Somebody used to have a quote around here about how the world would be a better place if everyone carried a sword...something about courtesy and the imminent threat of getting your limbs lobbed off...

Can't remember it though...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2006 5:51pm

Style: Shutting up and training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    If the UK's citizens were allowed to carry and use firearms for self defense, the UK would not have Chavs.

Period.

People are a thousand times more polite to each other when there's a chance that the guy you're thinking about happy slapping might be armed.
    I think you're dead right on both counts. But you can't just introduce guns to a society that isn't used to them.

Posted On:
    5/10/2006 7:52pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA, functional JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSparrow
    I think you're dead right on both counts. But you can't just introduce guns to a society that isn't used to them.
    hehe. But the British have done just that!

" 'Allo, my African/Native American/Indian/Australian Aboriginal friend. This is a *firearm*."

"And 'eres how it works." BOOM!
    "You know what I like about you, William? You like guns AND meditation."

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/10/2006 8:27pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    http://www.stopungunban.org/

UN can suck my fucking left nut.

Take the time to write a message, let them know, "NO FUCKING WAY" are you taking away my rights.
    I can't imagine this would ever happen.

But if it does, I'll be the first one in line for the revolution. And I'll be well-armed.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    5/10/2006 9:44pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Um, guys...you're taking domestic US gun control furor and projecting it onto global disarmament which is a completely different animal. The UN is never going to care that much about people in the US running around with handguns and .50 BMG rifles. Their biggest priority will always be the proliferation of cheap Eastern Bloc weapons in the developing world.

I get annoyed when people in the US act like the UN is some kind of big scary entity. As far as international politics go it's just not that powerful.

You know what's really funny? For years now I've been working towards working for the UN in the future. My family has always been like, "Oh no, that dastardly Bolton, whittling away at the health of the UN!"

Phrost, on the other hand, is like "BOLTON! **** YEAH!"

In any case, if I succeed in working for the UN, I'll now have to come after Phrost while making Darth Vader noises. Just because of his posts on this thread.

"Yes, Emperor...the needs of global disarmament and conflict resolution will be greatly furthered if we go and pick up this guy named...FLETCHER. In the midwest. Ksshh. Ksshhh."
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    5/10/2006 10:05pm

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSparrow
    "tally ho , chocs away, mine's a double"

You forgot the "wott wott wott!" at the end.

Who gives a squirt of piss about the UN? What of consequence has it ever achieved?

Posted On:
    5/10/2006 10:12pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin
    Um, guys...you're taking domestic US gun control furor and projecting it onto global disarmament which is a completely different animal. The UN is never going to care that much about people in the US running around with handguns and .50 BMG rifles. Their biggest priority will always be the proliferation of cheap Eastern Bloc weapons in the developing world.

I get annoyed when people in the US act like the UN is some kind of big scary entity. As far as international politics go it's just not that powerful.

You know what's really funny? For years now I've been working towards working for the UN in the future. My family has always been like, "Oh no, that dastardly Bolton, whittling away at the health of the UN!"

Phrost, on the other hand, is like "BOLTON! **** YEAH!"

In any case, if I succeed in working for the UN, I'll now have to come after Phrost while making Darth Vader noises. Just because of his posts on this thread.

"Yes, Emperor...the needs of global disarmament and conflict resolution will be greatly furthered if we go and pick up this guy named...FLETCHER. In the midwest. Ksshh. Ksshhh."
    By then you'll have to come for me on Bullshido Island anyway.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    5/10/2006 10:47pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmm. Did you ever play that old computer game, Karateka? You'd better have your gi-and-mask sporting krotty fighters lined up to challenge me one by one so that I can finally confront you after 20 consecutive one on one battles.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    5/10/2006 11:01pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wounded Ronin, are you familiar with the work of Rebecca Peters? George Soros? IANSA?

Same groups that worked so hard to disarm Australia (somewhat successfully) and Brazil (they're still bruised from that one, though) and yes, IANSA is targeting the United States.

As for the guy who said the British aren't used to guns, that's a short-term thing. A hundred years ago, it seems, it was no less unusual for a British man to pack a pocket revolver than an American. In more modern days, although carry was very rare, you folks had a small but dedicated group of shooters. The ones who didn't emigrate to the U.S. (thanks, by the way) are still around.

You're essentially arguing that the British can't be trusted with firearms. Weird. They're just guns. They won't devour your souls or anything.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    5/10/2006 11:25pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin
    Hmm. Did you ever play that old computer game, Karateka? You'd better have your gi-and-mask sporting krotty fighters lined up to challenge me one by one so that I can finally confront you after 20 consecutive one on one battles.
    yeah, that game gets pretty fricken hard in the later levels with all the boomerang throwing midgets and what not
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast