Page 2 of 5 First 12345 Last
  1. #11
    DerAuslander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,449
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Somebody used to have a quote around here about how the world would be a better place if everyone carried a sword...something about courtesy and the imminent threat of getting your limbs lobbed off...

    Can't remember it though...

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    434
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    If the UK's citizens were allowed to carry and use firearms for self defense, the UK would not have Chavs.

    Period.

    People are a thousand times more polite to each other when there's a chance that the guy you're thinking about happy slapping might be armed.
    I think you're dead right on both counts. But you can't just introduce guns to a society that isn't used to them.

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay area
    Posts
    2,681
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSparrow
    I think you're dead right on both counts. But you can't just introduce guns to a society that isn't used to them.
    hehe. But the British have done just that!

    " 'Allo, my African/Native American/Indian/Australian Aboriginal friend. This is a *firearm*."

    "And 'eres how it works." BOOM!
    "You know what I like about you, William? You like guns AND meditation."

  4. #14
    Southpaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    2,939
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    http://www.stopungunban.org/

    UN can suck my fucking left nut.

    Take the time to write a message, let them know, "NO FUCKING WAY" are you taking away my rights.
    I can't imagine this would ever happen.

    But if it does, I'll be the first one in line for the revolution. And I'll be well-armed.

  5. #15
    Wounded Ronin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,841
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Um, guys...you're taking domestic US gun control furor and projecting it onto global disarmament which is a completely different animal. The UN is never going to care that much about people in the US running around with handguns and .50 BMG rifles. Their biggest priority will always be the proliferation of cheap Eastern Bloc weapons in the developing world.

    I get annoyed when people in the US act like the UN is some kind of big scary entity. As far as international politics go it's just not that powerful.

    You know what's really funny? For years now I've been working towards working for the UN in the future. My family has always been like, "Oh no, that dastardly Bolton, whittling away at the health of the UN!"

    Phrost, on the other hand, is like "BOLTON! **** YEAH!"

    In any case, if I succeed in working for the UN, I'll now have to come after Phrost while making Darth Vader noises. Just because of his posts on this thread.

    "Yes, Emperor...the needs of global disarmament and conflict resolution will be greatly furthered if we go and pick up this guy named...FLETCHER. In the midwest. Ksshh. Ksshhh."
    Best Vietnam War music video I've ever seen put together by a vet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDY8raKsdfg

  6. #16
    SFGOON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,208
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSparrow
    "tally ho , chocs away, mine's a double"

    You forgot the "wott wott wott!" at the end.

    Who gives a squirt of piss about the UN? What of consequence has it ever achieved?

  7. #17
    Phrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 1998
    Location
    Cow Town
    Posts
    19,137
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin
    Um, guys...you're taking domestic US gun control furor and projecting it onto global disarmament which is a completely different animal. The UN is never going to care that much about people in the US running around with handguns and .50 BMG rifles. Their biggest priority will always be the proliferation of cheap Eastern Bloc weapons in the developing world.

    I get annoyed when people in the US act like the UN is some kind of big scary entity. As far as international politics go it's just not that powerful.

    You know what's really funny? For years now I've been working towards working for the UN in the future. My family has always been like, "Oh no, that dastardly Bolton, whittling away at the health of the UN!"

    Phrost, on the other hand, is like "BOLTON! **** YEAH!"

    In any case, if I succeed in working for the UN, I'll now have to come after Phrost while making Darth Vader noises. Just because of his posts on this thread.

    "Yes, Emperor...the needs of global disarmament and conflict resolution will be greatly furthered if we go and pick up this guy named...FLETCHER. In the midwest. Ksshh. Ksshhh."
    By then you'll have to come for me on Bullshido Island anyway.

  8. #18
    Wounded Ronin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,841
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmm. Did you ever play that old computer game, Karateka? You'd better have your gi-and-mask sporting krotty fighters lined up to challenge me one by one so that I can finally confront you after 20 consecutive one on one battles.
    Best Vietnam War music video I've ever seen put together by a vet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDY8raKsdfg

  9. #19
    Don Gwinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Virden, IL
    Posts
    3,564
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wounded Ronin, are you familiar with the work of Rebecca Peters? George Soros? IANSA?

    Same groups that worked so hard to disarm Australia (somewhat successfully) and Brazil (they're still bruised from that one, though) and yes, IANSA is targeting the United States.

    As for the guy who said the British aren't used to guns, that's a short-term thing. A hundred years ago, it seems, it was no less unusual for a British man to pack a pocket revolver than an American. In more modern days, although carry was very rare, you folks had a small but dedicated group of shooters. The ones who didn't emigrate to the U.S. (thanks, by the way) are still around.

    You're essentially arguing that the British can't be trusted with firearms. Weird. They're just guns. They won't devour your souls or anything.
    *********************************************

  10. #20
    Torakaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kaka village
    Posts
    10,642
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin
    Hmm. Did you ever play that old computer game, Karateka? You'd better have your gi-and-mask sporting krotty fighters lined up to challenge me one by one so that I can finally confront you after 20 consecutive one on one battles.
    yeah, that game gets pretty fricken hard in the later levels with all the boomerang throwing midgets and what not
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Page 2 of 5 First 12345 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO