Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 8:00am

Style: nada

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Muqatil
    A CCW in CA doesn't allow you to carry a concealed fixed blade.
    For the record, I don't know of any CCW permits in the U.S. that apply to knives. CCW is very specific. On the other hand, if you're carrying a gun, who the hell needs a concealed knife.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 8:11am

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwid
    For the record, I don't know of any CCW permits in the U.S. that apply to knives. CCW is very specific. On the other hand, if you're carrying a gun, who the hell needs a concealed knife.
    Sometimes you need to open boxes or split wire ... or not fire a gun @ someone yet cause them to die or seek immediat medical attention .

That is like saying ... With grenades around who needs a knife or a pistol .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 8:16am

Style: nada

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry for the misunderstanding. The point I was making was who needs a "concealed" knife. I was not intending to imply that I don't carry a knife when I carry a gun. I just don't need a concealed knife.

I usually have two blades on me at any given time, one tactical, one practical. The practical one usually has <3" blade, so I can carry it concealed or not. If the other one is bigger, I carry it openly. In Ohio, as long as the pocket clip is visible, a tactical folder is not considered concealed. I don't know the law in other states, but that seems pretty standard with other places I have lived.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 8:18am

Style: BBT/Flinging poo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If I remember correctly, any length folder is legal in CA as long as it is carried in the closed position. A folding knife isn't considered concealed in a pocket or under a jacket.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 8:19am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, auto-openers under 2" are legal in CA. :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 8:28am

Style: BJJ, MACP (hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, the issue with "needing" a concealed knife is that an exposed knife can affect how the general public interacts with you, as well as attracting unwanted attention from law enforcement. Doesn't matter if it's legal, you're still gonna get a hard look. I have a folding knife clipped to my pocket or waistband almost constantly, usually covered by my shirt, and consequently I get no looks at all. Discretion is the better part of valor, and all that...

As for what I like, I've been a fan of Strider Knives for a while now. Great group of guys, bombproof knives. They're expensive as hell, but you've REALLY gotta be trying if you want to damage them.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 8:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love Striders also. In fact I have a modified SnG tanto in my pocket right now. I carry a Strider folder almost everyday. The things awesome.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 11:59am

Style: Krav Maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Muqatil
    I love Striders also. In fact I have a modified SnG tanto in my pocket right now. I carry a Strider folder almost everyday. The things awesome.
    Man, I would love to pick up a strider. I just can't see spending that kind of money on something that's going to sit in the closet 350 days of the year.

Awesome, awesome blades, though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 12:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Buck/Strider has some good choices for the more frugal people. If you do a search you can find some deals on both folders and fixed blades.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 4:11pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm pretty sure there are more than two states where switchblades are legal. Florida and Oregon are the only two off the top of my head, but I want to say Tennessee allows them too. California allows autos, but the blades have to be quite short, which is why you see little autos with 1.5-inch blades advertised as "California-legal automatics."
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast