221990 Bullies, 4105 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/10/2006 11:58am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Politics, Social Issues, Religion, and Pop Culture

Ok folks, we're only a few days away from launching the Bullshido-inspired politics/off-topic/pop culture site, in time for the ramp up for the mid-term elections in the US.

A few notes:

1. You won't have to re-register. All of your user information will be carried over to make things easier. You'll just have to update your profiles accordingly.

2. You won't have to stop discussing politics and stuff here, but it'll just make more sense to do it there since we'll essentially be the same forum with the same people.

3. Members with a certain level of participation will be able to post news/rants/commentary bits to the front page.

4. Less restrictions. Bullshido itself is pretty open, but we don't allow things that distract from the overall discussion on Martial Arts. However, just about anything will go over there provided it's legal and safe for work. So if you really feel that Hitler was a good person, nobody's going to censor you. However, just like it is here you shouldn't expect anyone to respect you simply for the fact that you can type somewhat decent English and hit the post button.

5. The new site is based off an old forum that's been around in one form or another since 1998, and was originally a gaming forum for online games and related crap. There are about 1100 existing members on that forum with which you guys will be merged and about 100k posts.

What I'd like for you to do in the meantime is bump some of the recent threads you would like to see carried over. That would help out a lot, and ensure that we don't lose any discussions in the process.

Thanks!

Posted On:
    5/10/2006 2:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Questions? Whines? Bitches?

Posted On:
    5/10/2006 3:15pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    Ok folks, we're only a few days away from launching the Bullshido-inspired politics/off-topic/pop culture site, in time for the ramp up for the mid-term elections in the US.

A few notes:

1. You won't have to re-register. All of your user information will be carried over to make things easier. You'll just have to update your profiles accordingly.

Cool. Sounds like it'll be a nice place.

I have a question. Will people signing up to the new site from outside the bullshido community become bullshido members?
    He who attains his ideal by that very fact transcends it- Nietzsche

I like my Te like I like my tea- from Fujian province and without any bullshit in it. Oh, and green. And scented with jasmine blossoms...

Quote Originally Posted by A Better American Than You
    In every country and every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    5/10/2006 3:20pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds awesome...

Posted On:
    5/10/2006 3:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoardHitBack
    Cool. Sounds like it'll be a nice place.

I have a question. Will people signing up to the new site from outside the bullshido community become bullshido members?
    We haven't worked out a system to have a single point of login for both sites yet so after the launch, the member bases will fork off from each other and grow into their own entities, at least for a while if not permenantly.

One of the main reasons for doing this is because we had a HUGE amount of political discussion here around the 04 US Presidential elections and I want to have a place dedicated for that that's non-partisan, not committed to any particular ideology, and run with the same principles and moderation style on Bullshido.

So for those members who have an active interest in politics, social issues, or making fun of pop culture, this will be a great diversion from Martial Arts-related discusison.

Posted On:
    5/10/2006 3:53pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What if there's a subject that could be addressed on both sites?

Will member be prohibited from cross-posting, or is there another way to address this?

Posted On:
    5/10/2006 4:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cross-posting shouldn't be an issue since this will be basically an extension of Bullshido's forums with a different URL. If you want to post something along the lines of "hey, give me some feedback on this" in GBS with a link to the other thread, that should be fine.

Ideally you'll be able to log into both sites at the same time and share a profile on either. I'm going to look into this, but for now there will be a big honkin link on the forums to the other site anyway, as if it were its own forum in the forum list.

Posted On:
    5/10/2006 4:06pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    Cross-posting shouldn't be an issue since this will be basically an extension of Bullshido's forums with a different URL. If you want to post something along the lines of "hey, give me some feedback on this" in GBS with a link to the other thread, that should be fine.

Ideally you'll be able to log into both sites at the same time and share a profile on either. I'm going to look into this, but for now there will be a big honkin link on the forums to the other site anyway, as if it were its own forum in the forum list.
    Gotcha.

I've got some really good news about the human rights group I work for that I'll be posting up in a bit.

It'll be appropriate for either forum.

Posted On:
    5/10/2006 4:13pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds like a plan! The bullshido NHB mentality is right for political/social/cultural discussion. I'm going to start working on my GNP while I wait.

You can drop us a hint or two on the name of the place, can't you Uncle Phrost?

(Well you asked for whines...)
    He who attains his ideal by that very fact transcends it- Nietzsche

I like my Te like I like my tea- from Fujian province and without any bullshit in it. Oh, and green. And scented with jasmine blossoms...

Quote Originally Posted by A Better American Than You
    In every country and every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot.

Posted On:
    5/10/2006 4:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not yet, because it's pretty apparent and I don't want to have to deal with duplicate user accounts from people jumping the gun. Major pain in the ass.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast