Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread: Sup Bullshido

Style
    Choy Lay Fut Gung Fu, MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Sup Bullshido

Hello everyone. After spending two years at MAP, I've finally decided to leave that hell-hole after watching that despicable video feature a full-array of overweight and pathetic people. I won't get into the details.

Now, onto myself.

I've been doing MA for approximately 2.5 years now, most of it spent practicing a Chinese Martial Art (CMA) called Choy Lay Fut. Essentially it's nothing special -- just some different concepts here and there, but the basic idea is hand-based striking. Many of the techniques and such are similar to western boxing, but there are a multitude of differences as well.

By no means do I spout the deadliness, energy, or spiritual powers of CMA. I simply practice a style which I deem as fitting for myself both in terms of practicality, effectiveness, efficiency, and fighting metholodogy. Choy Lay Fut is no better or no worse than many other striking styles.

Since October of 2005 I've been doing MMA at AMC Kickboxing & Pankration with the great Matt Hume. It was a blast; I was there for over 4 months but due to my crappy schedule, schoolwork and a job, was forced to stop going. However I do plan on taking up submission wrestling or Brazilian Jiujutsu once I'm in college again.

Well, that's it for me. I was cordially invited here by KazeKage so here I am. I'm fucking sick of most other MA forums (you probably know which ones) that I basically fled to Bullshido. I hope I will enjoy my stay and hopefully not have to ignore too many people's flames >).

Well that's that.

Peace

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome

Style
    Kakutogi
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who did you train CLF under?

And welcome to Bullshido.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Founder/GrandSensei of Joint British / Papua New Guinean Non-contact Lawn Bowls Jiu Jitsu Committee
    Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All you need now is to develop a healthy distaste for PHil Elmore and you'll be set.

Just kidding. Welcome.
    Imports from Japan, Shipping Worldwide! Art Junkie, Scramble, BJJ Spirits, Reversal...
    Scramble Stuff

Style
    Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    west side hombre

watch out for drop bears

Style
    karate,MMA(between gyms)
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yo welcome!

I see you too had a change of heart!

Did you also get banned for commenting?

Style
    karate,MMA(between gyms)
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First Ikken, now you.

MAP is seriously losing it's best posters.

Style
    BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome.

Style
    Choy Lay Fut Gung Fu, MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD ASIA
    Who did you train CLF under?

And welcome to Bullshido.
    Hey Asia. If I'm not mistaken you are the Baji fighter (and mod of course) around here.

I trained under Mak Hin Fai -- my Sigung was Lee Koon Hung. However I left Sifu Mak's school because he is getting old now and not taking the fighting aspect of training very seriously anymore. Mind, he USED to drill us to holy hell, but lately the training routine at the school has been on the verge of collapsing.

I'm currently training by myself and looking for sparring partners. I might go back to Matt's gym (if I have the time, gas, and money). But the most plausible course would be to hit up Seattle Kyokushin Dojo; I met a few guys from there and they are all really nice people.

I also know some other MAists who has agreed to spar if they've got time, so hopefully all that shite works out.

Yo welcome!

I see you too had a change of heart!

Did you also get banned for commenting?
    Me banned? Yeah right. I don't talk half as much **** as I would if there wasn't actually people I enjoyed chatting with on MAP.

But as a general rule, it's becoming ridiculous. Wait hold on -- it's ALWAYS been ridiculous. It's just after watching that MAP NYC Meet video that I lost all faith in 99.99% of the people there and their level (both realistically and theoretically).

As a classical CMA player who believes in finding the best almagation of traditional and modern training methodologies, the things I saw simply disgusted and astounded me (to a degree).

I know this place is a no bullshit zone, which is why I came. I wasn't exactly sure regarding the nature of Bullshido, but after reading through some posts I saw that there are actually many intelligent people (far more than MAP at least =_=) and I could hopefully bring some new insight regarding CMA. I know Asia has probably done that, but whatever . . . . . . . . . . . .

Oh yeah about BSing in MAP AA -- I can't right now. There are certain contacts I need to keep on there for more than one reason. MAP will simply be my portal of connection to several individuals -- and nothing more, really.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Style
    karate,MMA(between gyms)
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well you were always one of the better posters at MAP.

Well if you enjoy posting there, i wish you luck since your awsome and i hope you dont get banned.
    Last edited by AAAhmed46; 5/10/2006 3:07am at .

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last