**** you math class

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 9:13pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, Ballet, Archery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendetta
    Fool, you get to carjack dune buggies while duel-wielding badazz alien and human weapons and dodging alien tanks and aircraft.
    Sounds like GTA.

Stickie grenades, sniping all to hell, pistol whipping and energy swording muthafuckas. Awesome.
    Sounds like the stickie grenades, sniper rifles, melee and knife attacks that exist in EVERY SINGLE FPS.

I tried Red Faction 2 for gamecube. Thanks to the stupid controller it sucked, but i can't imagine it being much better with a sony controller.

It would be fine with a keyboard and mouse though. Probably.
    That's because RF2 sucked.

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 9:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Though I think your quote pretty much sums up my thoughts on Halo if you simply add ironic capitals.

Fool, you get to carjack ALIEN dune buggies while duel-wielding ALIEN weapons and dodging ALIEN tanks and aircraft.
    A game where you ride around in dune buggies shooting other dune buggies would be trite and boring. But a game where you ride around in ALIEN dune buggies? GENIUS.
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 9:15pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA, functional JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know its prehistoric- did you not notice I called it 'ahead of its time?' - but it set a new gold standard back then. Comparing it with a PC game is bullshit. If that's your attitude stay off the fucking console, eh?

I do think the multiplayer is weak for Halo - my biggest gripe is that all the multi-games feel like sporting events (ie capture the flag, etc) and not like WAR.

I'm talking about the campaign, mainly,especially co-op. Althoug some aspects of Halo 2 multi are cool, the teamplay is very weak online. For teamplay I do Counter-Strike.
    "You know what I like about you, William? You like guns AND meditation."

**** you math class

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 9:22pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know its prehistoric- did you not notice I called it 'ahead of its time?' - but it set a new gold standard back then. Comparing it with a PC game is bullshit. If that's your attitude stay off the fucking console, eh?
    Just because you like a piece of **** doesn't mean you get to enforce bullshit standards. If a PC game is better than a console game, it's better, end of story. The fact that it's on the PC doesn't mean ****.

I think you misunderstand the term, "ahead of its time".

I do think the multiplayer is weak for Halo - my biggest gripe is that all the multi-games feel like sporting events (ie capture the flag, etc) and not like WAR.
    What the hell? A page ago you were talking about how awesome the multiplayer was, and now it sucks?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 9:27pm

Style: Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Halo 2 is a great game. I think it has some of the best online multiplayer of any FPS. There is a great community and the game runs very smoothly. It may not be the most revolutionary game, but it does everything you see in modern FPS games, and it does everything very well.

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 9:29pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA, functional JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No **** all/most of these things have been done before. The vast majority of modern media is a rehashing of old ideas. Halo (one) simply did it bigger and better,and with better graphics on a vastly superior platform.

So, yeah, I know that in other games you can:
    -fight aliens (although these aliens had better personality, backstory, trash talk)
    -use vehicles (not common at the time and the vehicles are cool)
    -use all of the weaponsthat are now standard (personal opinion: Halos were much cooler than, say the cartoony bullshit in Unreal)
    -have a neato cinematic story (its just that Halo's story of the mysterious ring world was cool and different)

THats why it made such an impact. Deal with it, Haters.

Regarding the 'halo 2 will change the universe proclamation' and all such stuff - You are whining because you were misled by industry hype. Get over it.

All I was expecting was 'more' and 'better' and they delivered. (Pissed about 'shorter' , though)

lol - admit it , you guys all got owned by elementary school kids and now your pussies hurt.
    "You know what I like about you, William? You like guns AND meditation."

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 9:31pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SOCOM 3 for awesome multiplayer on PS2. Seriously awesome.

I know it's not FP, but so what. You can shoot terrorists, With a Mk. 23. Yay!
    :new_all_c

**** you math class

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 9:32pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Talking to you is like talking to a retarded brick wall.

I like how much emphasis you're putting on Halo's aliens. We all know that's an important part of the game.

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 9:44pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Halo has a story?

I'd rather watch Red vs. Blue.
    :new_all_c

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 11:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No **** all/most of these things have been done before. The vast majority of modern media is a rehashing of old ideas. Halo (one) simply did it bigger and better,and with better graphics on a vastly superior platform.

So, yeah, I know that in other games you can:
    -fight aliens (although these aliens had better personality, backstory, trash talk)
    -use vehicles (not common at the time and the vehicles are cool)
    -use all of the weaponsthat are now standard (personal opinion: Halos were much cooler than, say the cartoony bullshit in Unreal)
    -have a neato cinematic story (its just that Halo's story of the mysterious ring world was cool and different)

THats why it made such an impact. Deal with it, Haters.

Regarding the 'halo 2 will change the universe proclamation' and all such stuff - You are whining because you were misled by industry hype. Get over it.

All I was expecting was 'more' and 'better' and they delivered. (Pissed about 'shorter' , though)

lol - admit it , you guys all got owned by elementary school kids and now your pussies hurt.
    Sometimes I wish Internet posts were read aloud by their authors. Given that Zendetta probably entered this thread while in his 20's and has now turned into a 14 year old, I think it'd be neat to listen to him go through some sort of reverse-puberty as he demands some fucking chocolate milk from his mom whilst telling The Haters how it is and providing elaborate instructions on how to deal with not being so rad
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast