230497 Bullies, 4591 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 21 to 30 of 57
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Mr. Jones is offline
    Mr. Jones's Avatar

    resident sick ****

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,309

    Posted On:
    5/10/2006 9:39pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Being a total psychopath

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the new Halo should get rid of those stupid movies they added in the second one so you can spend more time killing.
  2. Boyd is offline
    Boyd's Avatar

    OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Cwcville
    Posts
    5,374

    Posted On:
    5/10/2006 9:44pm

    supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Halo revolutionized the oversaturated FPS genre with its innovative usage of "plasma grenades" instead of "regular grenades", and "spaceman suits" instead of "army men suits". This, in conjunction with Master Chief, arguably the most memorable "Hard-Nosed Spaceman From the Year 20XX", helped make Halo the most overrated franchise in the history of videogames and I hope every single fucker that gave even a single dollar to Bungie witnesses their entire family be raped and tortured over the course of three hellish weeks by a drooling lunatic with a gyroscopic fireplace poker.
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

    1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

    2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

    3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

    REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon
  3. Mr. Jones is offline
    Mr. Jones's Avatar

    resident sick ****

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,309

    Posted On:
    5/10/2006 9:46pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Being a total psychopath

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Halo may be overrated but I still think it's a good game.
  4. Greese is offline
    Greese's Avatar

    Motorboatin SOB

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    5,970

    Posted On:
    5/11/2006 3:28am

    supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MEGA JESUS-SAN
    The PS3 will not cost 600 dollars.
    Uhm, sony said that was the price.
    The crappy, non upgradable version is $500.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.
  5. FictionPimp is offline

    Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,147

    Posted On:
    5/11/2006 7:18am


     Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuma-Gorath
    Hopefully Sony will come to their senses and just release an updated DualShock for the controller. I don't even really need six face buttons on the thing anymore since I only ever used those for Capcom fighters.

    Once the price drops a bit I'll probably pick up a PS3 if only for Metal Gear and Soul Calibur / Tekken. I bought a slimline PS2 for those series and I haven't been disappointed yet.


    :icon_roll

    The rootkits, as despicable as they were, were done by a different division of the company. Blu-ray isn't any worse than HD-DVD except for the fact two separate formats exist in the first place.

    I don't normally bother with video game threads here due to many people holding opinions based on less information than those who claim kata prepares you to fight. Please don't turn this thread into that (everyone).
    Well then I guess its ok. I mean it wasn't the same division of the company.... Hey our aikido classes may be bullshido and full of ki, but you havn't seen me teach my mauy thai class yet..Its legit!

    That makes no sense. Its the same company. If they do it for music CD's they will do it for DVD's and games.

    Also my problem with blue ray is also my problem with HD-DVD. Its just another way to sell me star wars with MORE restrictions on content and more hacks to get it working in linux and more hacks to make backups. I would venture to say that I am extreamly well informed, its part of my job. The simple fact is sony did something horrible and defends their decision. The PS3 could be the greatest system ever made, but I wont be giving my money to such a horrible company. I dont watch sony movies, I dont buy sony cd's, and I wont be buying sony game systems.
  6. bodar is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    638

    Posted On:
    5/11/2006 11:14am


     Style: none currently, ex-TSK

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FictionPimp
    Well then I guess its ok. I mean it wasn't the same division of the company.... Hey our aikido classes may be bullshido and full of ki, but you havn't seen me teach my mauy thai class yet..Its legit!

    That makes no sense. Its the same company. If they do it for music CD's they will do it for DVD's and games.

    Also my problem with blue ray is also my problem with HD-DVD. Its just another way to sell me star wars with MORE restrictions on content and more hacks to get it working in linux and more hacks to make backups. I would venture to say that I am extreamly well informed, its part of my job. The simple fact is sony did something horrible and defends their decision. The PS3 could be the greatest system ever made, but I wont be giving my money to such a horrible company. I dont watch sony movies, I dont buy sony cd's, and I wont be buying sony game systems.
    Word. It's been declared that both Blu-ray AND HD-DVD will include built-in hardware DRM.

    And it may tip the balance in the looming format war in favor of the rival HD DVD. This will happen for the usual reasons: all else being equal, HD DVD will be cheaper to implement. Makers of Blu-ray players will pass the additional costs on to consumers, who will vote with their wallets; consumers will derive no direct benefits from any of the extra security features in Blu-ray.

    The movie studios have made great strides since the DVD days in convincing consumer electronics vendors to incorporate strong and costly security features into devices in order to be able to play their films; they should consider it a coup that both Blu-ray and HD DVD camps are embracing AACS. Yet Disney and Fox are betting that the incremental cost of Blu-ray security will diminish over time; this is a risky position to take, one that the market may not favor.
    Source: http://www.drmwatch.com/drmtech/article.php/3526796 (emphasis mine)
  7. MEGA JESUS-SAMA is offline
    MEGA JESUS-SAMA's Avatar

    **** you math class

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pirate Island
    Posts
    7,038

    Posted On:
    5/11/2006 12:23pm

    supporting member
     Style: TKD, Ballet, Archery

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greese
    Uhm, sony said that was the price.
    The crappy, non upgradable version is $500.
    I don't care if I personally deliver the telegram to myself, I'm not listening to anything anyone says about price until launch.
  8. Shuma-Gorath is offline
    Shuma-Gorath's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,608

    Posted On:
    5/11/2006 2:05pm

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyd
    Halo revolutionized the oversaturated FPS genre with its innovative usage of "plasma grenades" instead of "regular grenades", and "spaceman suits" instead of "army men suits". This, in conjunction with Master Chief, arguably the most memorable "Hard-Nosed Spaceman From the Year 20XX", helped make Halo the most overrated franchise in the history of videogames and I hope every single fucker that gave even a single dollar to Bungie witnesses their entire family be raped and tortured over the course of three hellish weeks by a drooling lunatic with a gyroscopic fireplace poker.
    Given what Halo was supposed to be early in development and how Deus Ex 2 suffered a similar descent, I'm convinced that good PC franchises go to the X-Box to die.

    Quote Originally Posted by FictionPimp
    Well then I guess its ok. I mean it wasn't the same division of the company.... Hey our aikido classes may be bullshido and full of ki, but you havn't seen me teach my mauy thai class yet..Its legit!
    For your analogy to be correct it would have to be two independent instructors teaching on the same mat space.

    That makes no sense. Its the same company. If they do it for music CD's they will do it for DVD's and games.
    Given that the rootkit music CDs were recalled I don't see it happening again. There was a large consumer backlash.

    Also my problem with blue ray is also my problem with HD-DVD. Its just another way to sell me star wars with MORE restrictions on content and more hacks to get it working in linux and more hacks to make backups. I would venture to say that I am extreamly well informed, its part of my job. The simple fact is sony did something horrible and defends their decision. The PS3 could be the greatest system ever made, but I wont be giving my money to such a horrible company.
    I feel your pain. The new system I'm building, no matter what I do, will not be HDCP compliant even if every video device in the machine supports it, because the machine will be home-built instead of coming from a large OEM. However, HDCP is already broken and will crumble further as codes for high-end or high-volume devices are released. I can wait that out until the companies just start turning the protection flag off.
    Last edited by Shuma-Gorath; 5/11/2006 2:13pm at .
  9. Boyd is offline
    Boyd's Avatar

    OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Cwcville
    Posts
    5,374

    Posted On:
    5/11/2006 5:33pm

    supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuma-Gorath
    Given what Halo was supposed to be early in development and how Deus Ex 2 suffered a similar descent, I'm convinced that good PC franchises go to the X-Box to die.
    What was it supposed to be? A good game?
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

    1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

    2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

    3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

    REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon
  10. Zendetta is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay area
    Posts
    2,681

    Posted On:
    5/11/2006 6:10pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: MMA, functional JKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yer an idiot
    "You know what I like about you, William? You like guns AND meditation."
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.