Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Badness will not be rewarded

Posted On:
    5/14/2003 4:48am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I started training BJJ again and noticed that JKD is also taught at this gym. Currently, I also belong to a WT school but I will switch to the BJJ one and would like something to take the place of my WT, without having to learn a completely different style (I have read that JKD has WT elements). Would one of the JKD pratictioners take a look at the instructors and tell me what you think?

Finn and Henning are the JKD guys

http://www.zanshin-dojo.de/trainerteam/trainer.htm

Sifu Emin - Did you see that?
    Me - (gasping) No, but I can't breathe yet.

***ned

Posted On:
    5/14/2003 5:25am

supporting member
     Style: i

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since it look's like they were certified under Guro Dan, I'm sure they can't be horrible. =T

~
    danny

"All this talk about 'newbies' is making me a little nervous. You guys don't have any sort of secret hazing initiation involving wooden paddles and me screaming 'Thank you sir, may I have another?!' do you?"

***ned

Posted On:
    5/14/2003 5:30am

supporting member
     Style: i

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Finn seems to be a certified instructor under Guro Dan Inosanto, but Henning is not. But I'm sure he can't be too bad. <crosses fingers>

~
    danny

"All this talk about 'newbies' is making me a little nervous. You guys don't have any sort of secret hazing initiation involving wooden paddles and me screaming 'Thank you sir, may I have another?!' do you?"

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    5/14/2003 10:47am

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looks pretty good, actually. 'Course, I can't read German or whatever that language is, so I can't tell for certain.

"I'm willing to bet I could **** up an emu real good, if I got the drop on the bastard."
    -- KC Elbows, my new hero.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/14/2003 1:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My JKD program teaches a lot of savate styl ****.. really starting to piss me off since savate is the least powerful.. thing ever. However we do do a lot of WT, and im only in a lower class. The instructors are all really good at WT(im asumming =\ that WT is trapping in some form or another)

Edited by - OMG on May 14 2003 13:07:28

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    5/15/2003 11:21am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bullshit. Savate rocks as a kicking art. Ít's either not being taught properly, or you suck and can't do it right. Savate kicks are the best out there, other than Muay Thai.

"I'm willing to bet I could **** up an emu real good, if I got the drop on the bastard."
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/15/2003 1:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The problem i have with it is its severe lack of damage. Our instructor was trying to play it off as really good because "so and so, the best muay thai guy at the time, challegened john doe, the best savate guy at the time. The only rules were that the MT guy couldnt use elbows knees or clinches and the savate guy wouldnt use his shoes. Then the savate guy completely owned him" Well of course he did, since they took away a third of the MT guys attacks. Savate is a pure ring sport. All the instrectors rep it as the most fluid art and all that, ive never seen it in a match before but judging by the drills we do, its horrible.

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    5/15/2003 2:26pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're being taught savate wrong if the kicks have no power. Yes, savate's an accuracy based art, but that rocking kick motion can WHIP your leg around. I've been nearly crippled by PULLED savate kicks.

You're getting bad instruction.

Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/15/2003 3:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where can i find a solid vid of somebody doing a savate kick. ALl ive really learned in savate is snap kicks, which may or may not actually be part of savate. In JKD classes everything is mixed together so its difficult to identify one particular art.

On a side note, my instructors were certified by dan inosanto

Edited by - OMG on May 15 2003 20:20:56

Posted On:
    5/15/2003 4:38pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ?
    i've heard good about savate....kicking knee caps and all

--
    Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast