Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2006 4:01am

Style: hackery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Qtip inspector
    carlos is not funny. not even close.. drawn together is in 2nd for worst comedy central show, right behind mencia
    And so have people mentioned that Mencia is a joke thief, and that George Lopez punched him out at a comedy club in LA sometime within the past 2 years for ripping off over 14 minutes of material?

And that Mencia's real name is something like "Ned Nolson"?

And that Rogan, while sucking at everything BUT standup comedy, is actually quite funny at standup and is tangentially related through his buddy stanhope to Bill Hicks' circle of friends?

Yeah. Rogan > Ned.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    5/10/2006 4:02am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Drawn together is fucking awesome

Carlos mencia's show is not. He needs a cast and some co-writers with tv experience.

Carlos Mencia is somewhat funny, though, and he actually has some interesting things to say about race and free speech

It's ok to not like him

it's ok to not like drawn together

but don't not like them because you don't get them.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2006 4:03am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmmm, I see that he's actually a Sacred Cow featured comedian, so he must have known Hicks? That would be too sweet. Anyway, he called Dennis Leary for stealing No Cure For Cancer from Hicks, too.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2006 4:04am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll bet that everything "Ned" has to say that is interesting he stole from another comedian.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    5/10/2006 4:14am

supporting memberforum leader

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by unpossible
    Hmmm, I see that he's actually a Sacred Cow featured comedian, so he must have known Hicks? That would be too sweet. Anyway, he called Dennis Leary for stealing No Cure For Cancer from Hicks, too.
    Leary DIRECETLY lifted almost an entire routine of hick's material, after it was published on CD.

Mencia and Lopez both stole their "mexican jokes" from three hundred years of white dudes telling mexican jokes, so **** either of them if they want to try to pass any specific mexican joke as something they "invented"
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    5/10/2006 10:53am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    god

You people

He's not racist at all
    I'd be willing to bet that the majority of Mencia's fan base is in fact white.
    He let's them laugh at racist stereotypes without feeling guilty about it.

He is occasionally funny but overall boring. If you've seen one show you've seen them all.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2006 11:05am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    Leary DIRECETLY lifted almost an entire routine of hick's material, after it was published on CD.

Mencia and Lopez both stole their "mexican jokes" from three hundred years of white dudes telling mexican jokes, so **** either of them if they want to try to pass any specific mexican joke as something they "invented"
    Just youtube it; he played at the same comedy club as a nerdy lesser-known comedian (who I *have* seen before and can't put a name to) and the guy came up with a cute bit about the wall that's proposed being built across the mex border, starting off with a reference to the governor. Several months later, during his comedy central special, he used the joke. Adapted the wording, but it was just jaw-dropping, because this was even after Rogan et al started ramping up the pressure, after Lopez went on stern and said flat-out that a full 14 minutes of his act was stolen, etc.

The guy does the most dishonest stuff out there. He's the Mexican "Larry the Cable Guy" in terms of being fake (just bs-ing to get a certain demographic associated with him) and has a VERY HEALTHY documented dose of Leary-itis.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2006 11:14am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Drawn Together rules! I love that little Asian battle monster, and the chick that does Ling Ling's voice is cute as hell. I guess I don't need to point this out, but Rogan would kick the **** out of Ned.

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    5/10/2006 11:24am

Join us... or die
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrblackmagic

Carlos "I have a career only because Chapelle Shows got axed
    " Mencia
    Indeed, but there's actually no reason for Joe Rogan to have a career at all.
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

Heel Hook Hunter

Posted On:
    5/10/2006 11:29am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: Jiu Jitsu | Knife

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mencia funny on occasion. I can watch his show. Not nearly as funny as Chappelle :(

Rogan should quit comedy.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast