Posted On:
    5/09/2006 5:58pm

Style: Kung Fu/TKD/MMA n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kein Haar
    'Nother question.

wtf?
    my local ice cream van sells drugs too. very lucrative I hear, which is why he still does the rounds in winter :laughing3

Posted On:
    5/09/2006 6:01pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    more and more I find that every place that isn't the USA sucks
    Visit them for a deeper perspective. Most places in the West have good and bad points, and things that are really cool and unique. And horrible and unique.

Or not.
    He who attains his ideal by that very fact transcends it- Nietzsche

I like my Te like I like my tea- from Fujian province and without any bullshit in it. Oh, and green. And scented with jasmine blossoms...

Quote Originally Posted by A Better American Than You
    In every country and every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot.

KEIN HAAR APPROVED!

Posted On:
    5/09/2006 6:06pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    PE is a fucking joke in the UK. You're either humiliated and left looking crap while the wannabe footballers leave you in the dust or you don't get enough classes each week anyway.

My proudest moment at Primary School was being told to piss off back to class by a teacher because I just couldn't be arsed to pay attention when she was trying to get us to jump through some hoops like a troupe of sodding gibbons.

And don't get me started on Sports Day, which was very much like a low-rent cardboard American Gladiators/It's A Knockout...

I lliked swimming though. But we only got to do that once a week. It's easy to feel short-changed, but kids these days get an even rougher deal.
    Last edited by Truculent Sheep; 5/09/2006 6:11pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/09/2006 6:57pm

Style: looking for new style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Truculent Sheep
    PE is a fucking joke in the UK. You're either humiliated and left looking crap while the wannabe footballers leave you in the dust or you don't get enough classes each week anyway.

My proudest moment at Primary School was being told to piss off back to class by a teacher because I just couldn't be arsed to pay attention when she was trying to get us to jump through some hoops like a troupe of sodding gibbons.

And don't get me started on Sports Day, which was very much like a low-rent cardboard American Gladiators/It's A Knockout...

I lliked swimming though. But we only got to do that once a week. It's easy to feel short-changed, but kids these days get an even rougher deal.
    I remember playing rugby in the fucking rain and snow. That kicked ass. Headbutting and kneeing people is fun. The girls spent most of their time indoors filing their nails and talking. Occasionally some of them even went on the trampolines.

I once threw a relay baton at some kid that everyone hated. To be fair, he was a knob. He was a bible-thumper too. :biblethum

On one occasion, I almost got speared by some twat with a javelin. He was waving the javelin around pretending to use it like Darth Maul's lightsaber.

I remember one of my mates smacking another kid over the head with a cricket bat in PE. The kid was fine, he had a massive square skull. Still, it was fucking funny.
    The sound of willow against human skull is beautiful.

The secret is to make the kids come out for the ice cream and then slowly drive off for 6 blocks. The kids have to run to catch up and burn off the calories.

Problem solved

GoJu-joe saves the day
    Goju-joe FTW!
    Whilst were at it, we could tie cakes onto a piece of string and make them chase it.
    Fatties will do anything for a bit of cake.

Posted On:
    5/09/2006 7:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Han
    I remember playing rugby in the fucking rain and snow. That kicked ass. Headbutting and kneeing people is fun.

I'll second that ****. Scrum down, bitches, and your hooker better get ready to eat my knee when we break.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Han
    I remember one of my mates smacking another kid over the head with a cricket bat in PE. The kid was fine, he had a massive square skull. Still, it was fucking funny.
    The sound of willow against human skull is beautiful.
    HeeHee- whilst we're on the subject of childhood memories...a kid few years older than me decided he would grab my shoes and start a game of catch in the changing room. Too bad for he did it in the summer when my trusty GM was to hand. A week off school was an added bonus as far as I was concerned.

Had to buy a new bat tho.

I like my Te like I like my tea- from Fujian province and without any bullshit in it. Oh, and green. And scented with jasmine blossoms...

In every country and every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot.

KEIN HAAR APPROVED!

Posted On:
    5/09/2006 7:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No rugger at any of my schools - they either didn't have the resources or it was seen as too 'competitive' in an icky male way. Instead it was fucking Rounders (like a girly version of baseball), football and, at one point, badminton. (Apparently Daddy long Legs really LOVE badminton courts.)

The girls got it easy. One cold, wet afternoon, all the girls in my year were kept in and given a lecture on periods while all the boys, including me, were herded out on a muddy field and told to start running. For the first time in my life I wished I had ovaries.

Posted On:
    5/09/2006 8:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Truculent Sheep
    No rugger at any of my schools - they either didn't have the resources or it was seen as too 'competitive' in an icky male way. Instead it was fucking Rounders (like a girly version of baseball), football and, at one point, badminton.
    Schools without rugby suck balls. Still, I've been forced into the rounders trap as a child too.

I hate rounders. It makes baseball seem fun.

Rugby + judo in schools 6-16. All the health problems in the UK solved.

And let people sell ice-cream wherever.

Its not like kids will stop buying it.

Crouching Philosopher, Hidden Philosopher

Posted On:
    5/09/2006 8:01pm

supporting member
     Style: n/a (ex-Karate)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The English debating food. It's like Australians debating national autonomy.

Hilarious.
    Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
    click here to order on Amazon

KEIN HAAR APPROVED!

Posted On:
    5/09/2006 8:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kendo in schools! Most of the little shits have experience in smacking each other with blunt instruments anyway, so it'll be a hit. (In more ways than one.)

**** you math class

Posted On:
    5/09/2006 8:05pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, Ballet, Archery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Badminton in PE was fun, all the other units sucked.

Anyway, people in the UK who want to save their ice cream would do well to send a well-written letter to whoever makes the final decision. No, seriously. It works.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast