supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

UK frowns on ice cream. :(

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...170199,00.html

Why ice-cream vans face total meltdown
    By Rajeev Syal and David Sanderson

Those familiar jingles could be a thing of the past if a health campaign succeeds

FOR 60 years the tinny jingle of Greensleeves that announced the arrival of the ice-cream van has been an indelible memory of childhood, but that sound may soon be removed from suburban streets. Health lobbyists have decided that ice-creams are too much of a danger to children’s health.

Are latch-key children of Neds and Chavs living off ice cream or something?

:5baby:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/09/2006 8:15am

Style: Kung Fu/TKD/MMA n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    bah. healthfood nazis. one of the best parts of the summer term was getting an ice cream on the walk home.

Posted On:
    5/09/2006 8:23am

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ice cream should not be frowned upon. It should be smiled upon, with great glee I might add.
    Last edited by Lights Out; 5/09/2006 8:26am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/09/2006 1:32pm

Style: looking for new style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hate this country more and more every day.

If the war on Iraq doesn't recruit more suicide bombers this will.:new_icecr

KEIN HAAR APPROVED!

Posted On:
    5/09/2006 4:21pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My brother, his mates and I got ice cream from outside school nearly every day. They didn't get fat. Then again their parents didn't feed them junk food, they were encouraged to go out and play and they didn't have health apparatchiks breathing down their necks.

Mr. Softee is just a scapegoat. No one has the bottle to face up to negligent parents, and that's where the solution lies.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/09/2006 4:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    'Nother question.

wtf?

By the 1980s the business had become so lucrative that gangs fought over the right to sell to certain streets. In 1984 a row between Glasgow-based gangs led to the murder of six members of the Doyle family, who had run the Marchetti ice-cream company.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/09/2006 5:21pm

Style: looking for new style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Truculent Sheep
    My brother, his mates and I got ice cream from outside school nearly every day. They didn't get fat. Then again their parents didn't feed them junk food, they were encouraged to go out and play and they didn't have health apparatchiks breathing down their necks.

Mr. Softee is just a scapegoat. No one has the bottle to face up to negligent parents, and that's where the solution lies.
    Yep. Its a scapegoat.
    Physical Education classes in most schools in the UK suck. At my school, we only did 1 hour of P.E. twice a week. In fact, usually it was less than 1 hour. P.E. needs a major fucking overhaul, and much more time needs to be given to it in the school curriculum. Perhaps then we would have a few less fatties. But more importantly its the parents.

Parents need to give their kids proper food and not junk food and stop being whiny cunts. I hate seeing things on TV with parents saying something to the tune of
    "I know junk food is bad for them, but sometimes you are just so busy that its easier to give them something quick and simple to eat" :eusa_booh
    The parent usually starts to feel sorry for themselves and believes themselves to be a bad parent. Which is what they are. But you usually get someone who comes along saying "But we shouldn't blame it all on the parents!"
    True, we shouldn't blame it all on the parents, but most of it comes down to them and how they raise their child.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    5/09/2006 5:33pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The secret is to make the kids come out for the ice cream and then slowly drive off for 6 blocks. The kids have to run to catch up and burn off the calories.

Problem solved

GoJu-joe saves the day

Posted On:
    5/09/2006 5:54pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Truculent Sheep

It's not just neglience on the part of parents. Its widespread ignorance about food preparation and cooking. People buy cheap mass produced crap that is full of sugar fat and chemical bollocks. Then they bung it in a microwave and toss it on a plate for their kids.

The sad part is they don't know any better.

It's not as if we don't have the means to educate kids about basic home economics. We just don't do it anymore.

Banning ice cream vans near schools is such a politcian's response. Fucking pathetic.

You want healthy children? Compulsory judo in all schools, 6+. Everyone for one hour a day minimum until they are 16. Tell the fucking bitches that whinge about this draconian policy to bend over and insert a sharp metal stick in their ass without lube.
    He who attains his ideal by that very fact transcends it- Nietzsche

I like my Te like I like my tea- from Fujian province and without any bullshit in it. Oh, and green. And scented with jasmine blossoms...

Quote Originally Posted by A Better American Than You
    In every country and every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    5/09/2006 5:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    more and more I find that every place that isn't the USA sucks
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast