Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/24/2006 12:59am

Style: pankration

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD ASIA
    Heh. I've actually used this one several times on newbs. It fucks with their head because we say that your goal while in someones gaurd is to Pass it (for pure grappling) or Pound then pass (for MMA). Sometimes they think that if they have someone in their guard their safe and will be lazy. Then they get caught with something like this, which wouldn't work on an experienced person, and they get confused and try to do it back and which gets them swept or submitted.:confused3
    did you rank it???

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    6/24/2006 12:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nope.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    6/25/2006 2:38am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For the record, my articles alone should save lockflow despite the mindless bs they seem to be interested in of late.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    6/25/2006 3:10am

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD ASIA
    Heh. I've actually used this one several times on newbs. It fucks with their head because we say that your goal while in someones gaurd is to Pass it (for pure grappling) or Pound then pass (for MMA). Sometimes they think that if they have someone in their guard their safe and will be lazy. Then they get caught with something like this, which wouldn't work on an experienced person, and they get confused and try to do it back and which gets them swept or submitted.:confused3
    We had some kid from Japan train with us for like a month. He liked to do stuff like slam people to escape from virtually anything, including armbars. Anyway, he managed to get me in a chocke from guard. I was severly pissed and it's taught me to NEVER be lazy in guard. "It's not supposed to happen" doesn't mean "it can't happen."

Posted On:
    6/25/2006 5:34am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by War Phalange
    We had some kid from Japan train with us for like a month. He liked to do stuff like slam people to escape from virtually anything, including armbars. Anyway, he managed to get me in a chocke from guard. I was severly pissed and it's taught me to NEVER be lazy in guard. "It's not supposed to happen" doesn't mean "it can't happen."
    Absolutely. I got americana-d by someone in my guard and was actually too busy thinking "What the hell?" to tap out before he cranked it... the pain in my shoulder taught me a valuable lesson.

My pleasure.

Posted On:
    6/25/2006 3:58pm

Join us... or die
     Style: yang taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjelva
    Gentlemen, I give you exhibit A:

http://lockflow.com/article_view.php?id=245
    Can you actually granby out of a side choke?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345