Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/09/2006 12:00pm

supporting member
     Style: white boy jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you know, i hate pissing in the ocean because the realization that i'm swimming in urine doesn't appeal to me... but dammit i wanna put the x-choke from under top mount on lockflow. you know the one, from MAPNYC.

Posted On:
    5/09/2006 12:03pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, the gi techniques section is solid.

My theory is that a BJJ gi has a failsafe set up to melt the skin of any crappler that tries to put it on and take pictures.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Posted On:
    5/09/2006 12:08pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbanzo Bean
    The guy on top is submitting the guy on bottom in this picture.
    This made me laugh. I had not appreciated the genius until you pointed it out. Boyd is right. This vindicates lockflow.com entirely.

Also, Gene Lebell has almost certainly tapped someone out with this.

Posted On:
    5/09/2006 12:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I guess I haven't made it clear that this thread isn't a "Pics of Disaster" type deal. If I was linking from "Wing Chun Grappling Techniques," this would be an acceptable course of action. Lockflow.com is considered to be a legitimate website by the grappling community, for some reason.

I posted these pictures because I want actual grapplers to register and give crap like this shitty ratings, or at the very least, I want you to spread the word that Lockflow sucks.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/09/2006 12:41pm

Style: TKD; BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The techniques you are showing already do have shitty ratings by the lockflow people if you didn't notice. Are you saying techniques like that should be removed altogether rather than badly rated?

I like a lot of the stuff at lockflow and I've gotten some good use out of the website. However there is also a lot of **** there. That's what their rating system is for, isn't it?

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    5/09/2006 12:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.lockflow.com/article_view.php?id=420

Perhaps the above link will clear things up for you. In other words "lol standing neck crank for the submit".

If you're wondering why I'm not linking to the actual techniques for the most part, riddle me this: Would YOU give a retard a sharp knife to play with? Yes, you would. But this serious business.
    Oh.

I agree with you now. However, if it was "jaw crunch from the plum to help your setups" I could see it being kind of interesting. That's kind of what I thought they were showing before you pointed out the entire context of the picture.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Posted On:
    5/09/2006 1:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kengou
    The techniques you are showing already do have shitty ratings by the lockflow people if you didn't notice. Are you saying techniques like that should be removed altogether rather than badly rated?

I like a lot of the stuff at lockflow and I've gotten some good use out of the website. However there is also a lot of **** there. That's what their rating system is for, isn't it?
    You'd think so, but several of the techniques I swiped pictures from have 4 and 5 star ratings. Superguard, for instance.

What I'm saying is that there needs to be some kind of realistic quality control. Compared to MMALibrary, for example, Lockflow's user base rates shitty technique highly. If lockflow.com changed its name to "GimmickMove.com" or "IMakeStupidShitUpInMyBasementAndTakePicturesOfItB ecauseIHaveNoFriends.com", then I would have no problem with it. Overall, I find the site to be fairly shoddy (the review section is a joke, for instance), but the techniques section is really what grinds my gears. The reviews of various techniques are completely unrealistic (5 for superguard? WHAT THE ****?!?), the user base is more interested in the newest shitty gimmick than it is making a database for solid technique, and overall, they pretty much piss me off.

I told you what I want. I want you to spread the word that lockflow is ****. Email the management. Tell people on other forums. Go to it. Be part of the solution.

This thread has been a long time coming.
    Last edited by Cassius; 5/09/2006 1:10pm at .

Posted On:
    5/09/2006 1:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/09/2006 1:33pm

supporting member
     Style: white boy jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma
    that's hawt

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    5/09/2006 1:44pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...but the techniques section is really what grinds my gears. The reviews of various techniques are completely unrealistic (5 for superguard? WHAT THE ****?!?), the user base is more interested in the newest shitty gimmick than it is making a database for solid technique, and overall, they pretty much piss me off.
    Most people will gravitate toward gimmick moves because they like the idea of a shortcut, in any pursuit. They don't want to put in the hard work and time involved getting the basics down that's a requirement before you have the positional awareness required to actually pull off a gimmick move. If you don't have some kind of mastery over the fundamentals, the odds are very low that you will ever master gimmick moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma
    I don't get it....
    That's an extremely poorly demonstrated version of a knee compression that I use all the time off of failed kneebars. Too many things wrong with that description to try to describe. Hooking your outside calf over his/her shin and figure four-ing your inside foot behind your outside knee would be a good place to start though. Compressions are somewhat dangerous as some people have the pain tolerance to refrain from tapping while damage is occurring.

I am, as always, too slow a typist. The Villain got there first.
    Shut the hell up and train.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast