Thread: Why we fight
5/09/2006 12:58am, #1
Why we fight
A political documentry on the military-industrial complex.
Very good so far.
Available in full here:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...79427989588955Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.
5/09/2006 2:32am, #2
The bigger the lie the more people will believe it.
At first I was planning on documenting and refuting all of the problems with this little New Left propaganda piece but it soon became evident that anyone who believes the “history” presented in this video will not accept any of my facts. Therefore, I decided to concentrate on one point so that you can check it for yourself.
“Today the United States spends more on defense than on all other parts of the federal budget combined. 33.37”
This statement was presented in the video as text at the time I have indicated. In fact, the federal budget for defense is around twenty percent. This is a fact that anyone can check, with a simple Internet search. Need I go on?
5/09/2006 3:41am, #3
Most importantly, how can 33.37% be more than the rest combined...you know, the other 66.63%?And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.
5/09/2006 5:21am, #4
5/09/2006 8:37am, #5
Originally Posted by Olorin
- Join Date
- Jul 2004
5/09/2006 9:28am, #6Originally Posted by The Villain
The video file format is a standard DIVX with a funky header. MS Media Player refuses to play it. However, many other players, such as the free Media Player Classic, have no problems playing it.
There are some players which will handle the above automatically. Google's player, obviously, is one of them.
That particular file's link is:
http://vp.video.google.com/videodown...79427989588955Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.
"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ
"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken
My Bullshido fan club threads:
Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
ATTN TOM KAGAN
World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.
5/09/2006 11:59am, #7Originally Posted by OlorinThe bigger the lie the more people will believe it.
Why don't you share then?
The movie is absolutely correct, you cannot have a free democracy with standing armies. It clearly crosses the line into imperialism.Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.
5/09/2006 12:25pm, #8
- Join Date
- Jul 2004
or if we have an electorail colodge
5/09/2006 4:42pm, #9
- Join Date
- Sep 2005
Your ideas are intriguing to me, I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
5/09/2006 4:52pm, #10
Wow!1 hr 39 minutes.Google rocks.
This is going tot ake me awhile to watch it all.I'll probably leave it for tonight.[img=http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/2364/8026700123940loij9.th.jpg]
"God damn America" --Muammar al-Gaddafi