Posted On:
    5/09/2006 12:58am

Join us... or die
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Why we fight

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0436971/
    A political documentry on the military-industrial complex.

Very good so far.

Available in full here:
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...79427989588955
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

Posted On:
    5/09/2006 2:32am

supporting memberhall of fame
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The bigger the lie the more people will believe it.

At first I was planning on documenting and refuting all of the problems with this little New Left propaganda piece but it soon became evident that anyone who believes the “history” presented in this video will not accept any of my facts. Therefore, I decided to concentrate on one point so that you can check it for yourself.

“Today the United States spends more on defense than on all other parts of the federal budget combined. 33.37”

This statement was presented in the video as text at the time I have indicated. In fact, the federal budget for defense is around twenty percent. This is a fact that anyone can check, with a simple Internet search. Need I go on?

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    5/09/2006 3:41am

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Most importantly, how can 33.37% be more than the rest combined...you know, the other 66.63%?
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Posted On:
    5/09/2006 5:21am

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I fight for my right to party.

Posted On:
    5/09/2006 8:37am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Olorin

At first I was planning on documenting and refuting all of the problems with this little New Left propaganda piece but it soon became evident that anyone who believes the “history” presented in this video will not accept any of my facts. Therefore, I decided to concentrate on one point so that you can check it for yourself.

“Today the United States spends more on defense than on all other parts of the federal budget combined. 33.37”

This statement was presented in the video as text at the time I have indicated. In fact, the federal budget for defense is around twenty percent. This is a fact that anyone can check, with a simple Internet search. Need I go on?
    id like to here more of your facts please!!!!

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    5/09/2006 9:28am

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Villain
    Anyone know how to nab that file? I've seen it done.
    Download the .gvp file. Open it with a decent text editor (not MS Notepad). Within the file is an http link to the video file.

The video file format is a standard DIVX with a funky header. MS Media Player refuses to play it. However, many other players, such as the free Media Player Classic, have no problems playing it.

There are some players which will handle the above automatically. Google's player, obviously, is one of them.

That particular file's link is:
    http://vp.video.google.com/videodown...79427989588955
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    5/09/2006 11:59am

Join us... or die
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Olorin

Indeed

Why don't you share then?

The movie is absolutely correct, you cannot have a free democracy with standing armies. It clearly crosses the line into imperialism.
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

Posted On:
    5/09/2006 12:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    or if we have an electorail colodge

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/09/2006 4:42pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your ideas are intriguing to me, I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    5/09/2006 4:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow!1 hr 39 minutes.Google rocks.

This is going tot ake me awhile to watch it all.I'll probably leave it for tonight.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast