supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Wrestling 1905

[media]Ye Olde Wrestling clip 1905[/media]

Back then Mats were for pussies. :pottytrai
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    5/03/2006 10:01am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was awesome. I love seeing old clips like that.

Posted On:
    5/03/2006 10:34am

Style: Karate, Sadism, Violence.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Manly. Did wrestling not have subs back in the day?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/03/2006 10:52am

Style: Japanese Jujutsu / aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was great, I liked the way that one dude in the black gave the other dude a head spin kind of a thing.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    5/03/2006 11:23am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    These dudes where in mean shape. Manly bad mofos. I like how they showed courtesy to each others before and after wrestling. I wonder what rules they were playing under. Where they just going for pins, no subs or anything like that?
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/04/2006 5:39pm

Style: shootwrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cool. One guy on the left showed some good neck strength spending half of the time inverted on his head.

Seemed like everyone was fairly evenly matched. Saw a couple attempted drop shoulder throws, and what looked like an entry for fireman's carry, but they were all defended.

My pleasure.

Posted On:
    5/04/2006 6:10pm

Join us... or die
     Style: yang taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by elnyka
    These dudes where in mean shape. Manly bad mofos. I like how they showed courtesy to each others before and after wrestling. I wonder what rules they were playing under. Where they just going for pins, no subs or anything like that?
    Those guys were physical culturist. Their bodies were a lot dense and more functional then guys today. The rules. Looks like regular folk wrestling rules.

Does anybody know if the guy in long white tights was Farmer Burns?

http://www.sandowplus.co.uk/Competit...burnsindex.htm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/04/2006 8:52pm

Style: Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DokterVet
    Cool. One guy on the left showed some good neck strength spending half of the time inverted on his head.

Seemed like everyone was fairly evenly matched. Saw a couple attempted drop shoulder throws, and what looked like an entry for fireman's carry, but they were all defended.
    That guys neck strength was ridiculous. He seemed to enjoy being on his head.

Overall it doesn’t look that different from wrestling now.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    5/04/2006 9:08pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just showed the clip to a few friends, and they all though it was awesome. When I look at it, that clip really inspires respect and nostalgia. Manly, gentlemanly, venerable if I may say.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Founder/GrandSensei of Joint British / Papua New Guinean Non-contact Lawn Bowls Jiu Jitsu Committee

Posted On:
    5/05/2006 1:05am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    clip doesnt work for me. anyone got a direct link?
    Imports from Japan, Shipping Worldwide! Art Junkie, Scramble, BJJ Spirits, Reversal...
    Scramble Stuff
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast