Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/10/2006 8:43am

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KageKaze
    Almost Postive it was an A1. (Colt 1911A1). My main turning off point was the sheer size.
    Is that a Jericho pistol on your sig?

Not over zealous, but just zealous enough. 病気の粗悪品

Posted On:
    5/10/2006 9:13am

Style: Okinawan Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert McLeod
    Any standard 1911 mag should work. As far as I know Remington Rand did not make any magazines, just the pistols. If you did find a original Remington mag it would more than likely be a collectors item and you would pay as much for one Remington mag as you would for several aftermarket magazines.

More than likely your barrel has not been throated and your feed ramp has not been polished. PLEASE, do not have any mods done to this pistol!!! Leave it exactly like it is, it has definately seen your grandfather and father through the night and proven itself.Keep in mind the military only shhots ball ammo through their pistols. That pretty much negates the need for ant reliabilty mods.

What I would suggest is find a company that sells GENUINE GI mags, you can usually purchase quite a few of them fairly cheaply. Take your mags and your pistol out to the range, take a sample of the ammo that you intend to trust your life with. If you have a single malfunction with one of the mags, ditch it or reserve it for range use. Keep the ones set aside that you don't have any malfunctions with and keep these for real work.

What type of ammo are you using? Speer Gold Dots have a nose profile that closely resembles a FMJ round, so they tend to feed on a reliable basis.
    I have a box full of old military ball amunition, a handfull of hollow point that I keep in the clip at home. and a hand full of "Rat shot" for snakes.

I only fire the ball ammo at the "range", by range I mean out in the backyard, well not where I live now, but where I used to live. So far I have not had one mis-fire from this old ammo. Which is much more than I can say for the old military M1 Carbine ammo I have I would say about one in four are duds.

I suppose what I'm saying is I have not gone through all the old ammo I have yet so I have not purchased any new. I don't fire it very often. Maybe one or two clip fulls every year or two.

Have no fear I am a HUGE history buff and this gun will never be modified as long as I'm alive.
    People often tell me that I fail to see the gravity of the situation.
    I see the gravity, and I say...

Step right up folks and watch me defy gravity!

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    5/10/2006 11:13am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lights Out
    Is that a Jericho pistol on your sig?

Good Eye.

The one I have, at the time It was being imported into the US as the "Uzi Eagle". Now I think its being imported under "Baby Eagle" or "Desert Eagle Pistol".

Same gun, lots of names.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2006 4:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    Awesome post! Welcome aboard!!! :)

I actually went from my Ed Brown 1911 to GLOCK 30 in the middle of a tactical pistol course because I could point and shoot with my GLOCK.

Thank you for the welcome!!

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 12:59am

supporting memberhall of fame
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert McLeod
    Thank you for the welcome!!
    Just to let you know we are having a throwdown in Kansas City, there will be shooting!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 6:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Olorin
    Just to let you know we are having a throwdown in Kansas City, there will be shooting!

Yes, I know, I have arranged a place for the shooting to take place if you guys need it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 7:48am

Style: nada

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I own two .45's, a 1911 pretty much entirely rebuilt with Ithaca parts and sweet adjustable iron sights and a HK USP .45.

As much as HK makes a great modern tactical pistol, I just honestly like the feel of the 1911 in my hand and it's just more fun to shoot. I've never had any problems with the weight of the gun or with feeding. To be honest, if the weight of the 1911 bugs you, then you're going to be pretty limited with large caliber handgun shooting - try a .454 Ruger Super Redhawk, for example, I think it's like twice as heavy (but unbelievably fun).
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123