Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2003 5:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey there,
    Not quite sure if this is in the right forum so first off, an apology if this is in the wrong place.
    I haven't posted for a while, i've been in Ubon Ratchathani (riding out the SARS wave!!) where I was Shi Yanfei's travelling 'buddy'. I assume you guys have been keeping up with the Khun Luang Sorasak Phra Chao Sua competition, well...

**************Results Spoiler*******************

Incase you haven't heard yet, Shi Yanfei participated as part of the amaateur rankings, and worked his way up 12 "yuk" (standard ring fights) and got to take on Onginya Tiatbusaba!!! Yanfei is now Ubon Chasua (region "Tiger king") where he has chance to participate in the Nationals, possibly even against Shangpuak Kiat!

Sorry if you guys have read this already, but it was just amazing to see some MA action live.

Take it easy.

RAAAAAAR! Fear the Tiger!

Posted On:
    5/12/2003 8:57am

supporting member
     Style: Karate/Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can anyone explain to me what any of this means? None of these names are even remotely familiar. LOL!

Regards,
    CrimsonTiger

"Happiness is finding yourself in the adoring gaze of one who loves you.
    I hope to once again know that feeling."
    Regards,
    CrimsonTiger

"Na'h, they should go to old school rules.
    One guy gets sword and sheild, the other gets a net and a trident.
    Lions eat christians between rounds." - Strong Machine

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/12/2003 9:11am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah, sorry about that, i really didn't know too much about the names either until i went to Thailand, but after hearing them about 100times per day, they kinda sunk in.

Here's a simple glossary:

Ubon Ratchathani : City in Thailand, famous for Thai boxing events.

Shi Yanfei : Venerable Shaolin monk, an unbelievably talented fighter, has been currently undefeated in every competition he's entered. Student of Shifu Shi Decheng.

Khun Luang Sorasak Phra Chao Sua : The name of the competition, translates to something like "King of the national Tigers tournament".

Yuk : A fight.

Onginya Tiatbusaba : CRAZY thai boxer who really dislikes Shaolin monks. This guy kicked so hard that one of his earlier opponents fell out of the ring. The same kick did nothing to Yanfei.

Ubon Chasua : Tiger King, title giving to regional champion.

Shangpuak Kiat : Ranked 3rd in the country, used to be number 1 but in a series of disappointments (apparently he got paid to lose!) lost his ranking. Has been training hard to get back into the game, famous for his "Bakapubusa" (i think that's how it's spelt) where he broke some guys skull in half.

I hope that helps!

Posted On:
    5/14/2003 1:08am

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What style does Shi Yanfei do?

He carries a gun.
    THE Arnold Schwarzenegger.
    A man with a plan.
    You want some birth control? You can smoke a cigarette.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/14/2003 6:49am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shi Yanfei is Shaolin Monk, trained in Shaolin Kungfu, he generally uses "Shaolin Lohan" (although i have seen him use Shaolin Shaohong too) when competing, he's also famous for his Steel Jacket, Iron Head, Iron Fist and Iron leg techniques.