Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Not over zealous, but just zealous enough. 病気の粗悪品

Posted On:
    5/09/2006 2:38pm

Style: Okinawan Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WingChun Lawyer
    Banana trees arenīt tall at all. And I heard somewhere that they arenīt trees. They are supposed to be herbs.

Or something.
    As I recall, and this was from a botany lecture 20 years ago, there are over 300 different varieties of bananas.

The kind we get here in the states are called "desert" bananas and they are some of the slowest to ripen. The major problem with shipping any other kind is that they will be black and spoiled by the time they get here.

I think if we have any South or Central American posters in here they could offer more information. The professor said that bananas are a mainstay of people diets in South America the way the wheat is here.
    People often tell me that I fail to see the gravity of the situation.
    I see the gravity, and I say...

Step right up folks and watch me defy gravity!

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    5/09/2006 2:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WingChun Lawyer
    Banana trees arenīt tall at all. And I heard somewhere that they arenīt trees. They are supposed to be herbs.

Or something.

Correct, they are not technically trees. But, it's an herb which is anywhere from 7 to 28 feet tall.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/09/2006 3:12pm

Style: looking for new style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sfe
    Wow. Can't argue with that. I guess I was wrong, God does exist.

This video makes me angry. I feel like smashing bananas now. I don't want Godfood.

One of the funniest papers I ever wrote for one of my religion courses was a paper titled: God, the Supreme Automaton. It basically, in my opinion, showed that if God did exist then he had absolutely no free will and was nothing more then a robot. Which pissed just about every single person in my class off including the teacher, but they couldn't debunk the arguement.

To top that I quickly told them that Hitler was a better speaker then Jesus and they flipped out yet again. When asked how the hell I could say that, I promptly asked them if they have any recordings of Jesus speaking...
    Awesome.

My pleasure.

Posted On:
    5/09/2006 5:32pm

Join us... or die
     Style: yang taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Folks, I seem to be the only openly christian person on this thread. Let me just say I don't agree with what that guy said or how far Kurt Cameron's carrier has fallen.

The gift that keeps on giving

Posted On:
    5/09/2006 11:35pm

supporting member
     Style: On hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrblackmagic
    Folks, I seem to be the only openly christian person on this thread. Let me just say I don't agree with what that guy said or how far Kurt Cameron's carrier has fallen.
    Note: I'm not trying to pick on Christianity, I'm rather fond of it, just the video itself and the reasoning therein.

Okay, back to the bananas.

Oh, and I agree about how much it sucks that Kurt Cameron's carrier has tanked. Maybe a banana commercial would help...

edit: I should say that I'm not personally trying to pick on Christianity. What ever anybody else wants to say, that's fine by me.
    Last edited by Steve; 5/09/2006 11:41pm at .

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    5/09/2006 11:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If god is truly omnipotent then is it possible for him to create a shuriken so large that even he himself cannot throw it?

Acupuncturist / Anesthesia Student

Posted On:
    5/10/2006 12:05am

Style: Mostly weights now...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrblackmagic

I had a dream when Kurt Cameron's "Left Behind" movie came out that I was at a table with him and the cast of Growing Pains for some celebrity dinner. I made fun of him the entire night for being in that movie but he couldn't cuss back at me because he was Chrisitian.

Oh, Shaolinz, please share your paper. I have a theology class this summer at a Jesuit college [long story] so I would like plenty of ammunition.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    5/10/2006 12:06am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DAYoung
    The greatest gift God gave to man is atheism. Praise the Lord.
    :eusa_pray :eusa_pray
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    5/10/2006 1:21am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man

What cracks me up is every single point a religious person makes in an arguement like this plays to support of niche based speciation as well. Two creatures adapted to each other is a phenomena well accounted for by evolutionary theory.

Also, Kirk, you guys...Kirk Cameron.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2006 1:31am

Style: TDK_CDK, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    MaverickZ, I like the way your mind works.

KempoFist, the answer to that is easily "maybe?"

Picking on clueless morons like the guy in the video is like when you were in kindergarten and threw rocks at the mongoloid. If he's commiting logical fallacies like this to try to prove his point he's got bigger problems than the fact that human beings are evidentally meant to eat bananas and not much else.

And if you want something else for a good laugh, I present to you a direct quote from Dover, Pennsylvania pastor Ray Mummert during that town's debate on intelligent design: "We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture."

That sums up any debate on religion better than I ever could hope to.
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast