Our Sponsors:

Page 66 of 116 FirstFirst ... 16566263646566 6768697076 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/14/2006 8:02pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is clear that arrogance/ignorance are the only content of your posts.

Who the **** are you to go on a cyber pilgrimage, preaching to bullshido?

What have you done?

What have you achieved?

You think it measures up to people with decades of experience in MA (which incidentally includes MMA and fighters with records).

You are a classic example of someone that is full of ****, Andy.

You mis-spelled "achieved". I only mention it because you seem to think that spelling is an important indicator as to the value of someone's intellect.
    He who attains his ideal by that very fact transcends it- Nietzsche

I like my Te like I like my tea- from Fujian province and without any bullshit in it. Oh, and green. And scented with jasmine blossoms...

Quote Originally Posted by A Better American Than You
    In every country and every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    5/14/2006 9:18pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Murray
    *rant*
    I have to say that I'm a bit disappointed at how much sympathy there seems to be for Ikken's "plight." Nobody seems to terribly concerned whether the person being insulted, at length, on multiple websites is going to return. What the hell's that about? Were they not a valued contributor as well?

Yeah, Ikken had some very valuable things to say. And provided you fit his conception of what a proper martial artist was, you would probably find him pretty amiable as well. But at the risk of sounding touch feely (a risk I'm willing to take), I'm getting very discouraged by the definition of a valid martial artist being set and everyone else being dismissed accordingly.

Hell, I'm a 35-year-old asthmatic with polycystic kidney disease. By all medical advice, I should have quit martial arts years ago. So how long before I cease to meet the definition? How long before I can expect to see my efforts mocked ad nauseum?

Critiquing technique is one thing. A person is entirely another.
    whos this magic person who was being insulted? I made a generic comment about the people at the meet- "I have two words- Jenny. Craig." which is FAR from being the most offensive thing I have read on MAP, by the way. the reason my post was deleted is because i posted a link to the video- the comment was just a bullshit reason that i regret giving debbie to bin me.

Oh and if they are referring to the living blimp woman, I don't give a ****. maybe she will be so upset she will go and lose some fucking weight.

.... read TOS 1.9 "MAP Bashing"

Ikken has not been banned.

But clearly after reading what he has said about me, the MAP members in attendance at the meet as well as his opinions on this site, he is in violation of our TOS and we have good reason to ban him.

Clearly if his intent was to continue to contribute in a positive manner here then would have been in his best interests to not have posted what he posted over at BS, stick out his time in the bin and come back and deal with this on a mature level.

He's already mentioned that he has no plans to come back and so he will remain in the bin unless he wishes to contact me and return.
    actually i contacted her and asked if i could make a last post to clear up some bullshit that has been said, since debbies fairly hardcore moderation has cut big chunks out of the story. funnily enough she didn't even respond. so now i am in a state of permanent sin bin (some might call this being banned ;))

meh, dramas over anyway. although they could at least let me edit my profile to remove my banner >_<

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    5/14/2006 10:10pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why is it that I can't view any pages (infinite load time) on MAP while logged on, and can view everything perfectly fine when not logged in? Tried different computers, so don't give me any of that ****. What exactly did I do to get banned?

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    5/14/2006 10:28pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    owned by association

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    5/14/2006 10:31pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    See, Andy? The difference is, nobody has ever been banned from here for saying _ing _un kicks ass or that BJJ sucks. Those people get asked to back up those claims and then get ridiculed when they can't. The only people that get banned are people who spam advertisements or racist crap, pretty much. The fact that you're a giant dick and haven't been banned yet is a testament to how open BS is. If you went to MAP and spouted stuff like this against them, you'd be banned in a fraction of a second. Most likely, by yourself.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/14/2006 11:19pm

Style: BJJ, TKD, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kikkoman
    Video:
    Ninja vs Maverick
    Kikkoman vs Maverick

This is me fighitng maverick in the MD throwdown. I was very sore and my leg ached for a week afterwards.
    Thank you for showing how silly the response: "what throwdown have you been to?" is, in regard or response to criticism based on logic and reason of particular techniques and training methods. this was my problem with Matt Bernius, and his method of argument. My mentioning of this phenomenon seems also to have annoyed Maverick.

These videos are exactly what I'm talking about. While I congratulate you are showing up and sparring realistically, your time, Kikkoman esspecially, would have been much better spent actually learning/training an effective martial art at a respected school. that is the point of a throwdown, to see if what you are doing is effective. Not to use that as a trump card, or "roll eyes" when somebody calls bullshit.

No undue disrespect sir, but dont you think it was made clear in those videos that certain parties need to sign up and train regularly at a solid gym, where they could actually train with people who know their ****?

Did you personally, Kikkoman, sign up at a solid gym to get real training after attending said throwdown? Drummerboy? (Mav looked OK....his ground game could use some work, esspecially that arm-bar attempt-- but that's not really his forte.)

If not than you missed the point of what a throwdown is actually about.

But this thread is about MAP meets, and while any throwdown with sparring is far superior to the crapfest that goes on at MAP, That particular throwdown was.......meh.
    Last edited by Jitsuman; 5/14/2006 11:28pm at .

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    5/14/2006 11:41pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well technically didnt mav submit to kikko verbally >_<

oh and kikko... learn the leg check, cos you no can defend ****

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    5/15/2006 12:09am

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuma-Gorath
    False dichotomy. If you are not able to fight with what your training gives you then you are not practicing martial arts. Reasons are irrelevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by WarPhalange
    Exactly. If what you are doing you never intend on saving your ass and you never spar in class, then it's just prancing about, not martial arts.
    I see. I think I've decided at least in my own dictionary that martial artist is just going to mean someone who does martial arts. All this semantics and this should be about this and people should do it like that is starting to give me a swirl of a headache. I'd rather keep a broad definition, because I got friends in BJJ and also just other people I know who just do it for competition/fun, and they put too much work into it just to be called hobbyists or just plain athletes. And also anyone over the age of 50-55.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    5/15/2006 12:35am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let me put it this way:

Say you do Style-A. You do it for fun, never intend on kicking anybody's ass and don't even compete. But you spar quite a bit, with fairly lax rules and hard contact. That's a martial art. Even if you don't intend on using it, you still COULD use it on "teh street".

Style-B has flimsy tag comptetitions and keeps screaming that they are "for t3h street". But they spar like 10 year old girls. That can hardly be considered a martial art.

So the question is, do you spar/roll? If you do BJJ, you do. Therefore it's a martial art. You might say to yourself you just do it for fun, but you could seriously hurt someone with your d34dly skills.

Basically, you need to fight/spar in order to be considered a martial artist.

Someone who plays basketball without the ball itself is not a basketball player, is he?

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    5/15/2006 12:56am

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by War Phalange
    Let me put it this way:

Say you do Style-A. You do it for fun, never intend on kicking anybody's ass and don't even compete. But you spar quite a bit, with fairly lax rules and hard contact. That's a martial art. Even if you don't intend on using it, you still COULD use it on "teh street".

Style-B has flimsy tag comptetitions and keeps screaming that they are "for t3h street". But they spar like 10 year old girls. That can hardly be considered a martial art.

So the question is, do you spar/roll? If you do BJJ, you do. Therefore it's a martial art. You might say to yourself you just do it for fun, but you could seriously hurt someone with your d34dly skills.

Basically, you need to fight/spar in order to be considered a martial artist.

Someone who plays basketball without the ball itself is not a basketball player, is he?

That makes much more sense. Yeah I do BJJ. And there are guys in there who just love to compete and have never had to fight with it (whether they want to or not I'm not sure, but they all seem like nice level headed guys so I doubt they're out at night prowling for a fight) - I thought you were saying martial artists should be practicing to fight, should be fighters, and anyone else is not doing martial arts.

So I suppose you would consider people who do wushu or tai chi, who don't spar, but generally most of the time do stuff against air, to be non martial artists.