Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/12/2006 1:14am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

funny

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrider
    Actually I had been a member for about a year and half and recently became a supporting member as well. I have never had a post binned or even so much as had a moderator warning about anything over there. I did post in the MAP supporting member section in response to moderator KSWPauls "us vs them" anti bullshido rhetoric that he was alienating dual members. Guess he didn't like that criticism or they really are banning dual members.
    So they imitated us by first borrowing the concept of supporting members, then they created their own BBC. Given how much we are disliked by Debbie I have to laugh.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    5/12/2006 1:32am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulain82

You can call it what you want but you took a cheap shot at a video of a MAP meet. I thought it was funny, but you reap what you sew. I hope you come back and keep posting because you know alot about MT, but I don't think that you are so much further ahead than most people. If anything, you were just more willing to sit down and bang out a quality thread (kudos for that, btw).
    if you read my earlier posts you'll see that part of my reason for leaving is because I am one of the ONLY ones who will sit down and "bang out a quality post"

I plan to make a post explaining a few things which somehow have been misconstrued, but thats it. im done with a community that condones poor training, limits free speech, and doesn't share.

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    5/12/2006 1:35am

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    We're spinning off the non-MA portions of the site soon anyway. So you can get your sociology fix with the Bullshido atmosphere, 24 hours a day!
    Is this for bandwidth reasons, or do you just feel like splitting it up? I personally like it all in one spot :ohyea7qh:

Posted On:
    5/12/2006 1:38am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DAYoung
    Every time I hear that name, I think of the William Cheung article in the May Black Belt.

And I smile.
    I own that one! Though I don't smile when I see it.

Crouching Philosopher, Hidden Philosopher

Posted On:
    5/12/2006 1:41am

supporting member
     Style: n/a (ex-Karate)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KempoFist
    I own that one! Though I don't smile when I see it.
    Not even a little smirk? A wry smile?

I already have the June issue - it's better.
    Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
    click here to order on Amazon

Posted On:
    5/12/2006 1:49am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In the case of Bullshido, your core belief is this Aliveness, and by extension a belief that sparring generally settles all disputes. However, all arguments take place within that context- you say training with Aliveness is the best way, and if people feel otherwise they should test themselves against you in an Alive fashion. The bedrock assumptions do not allow anything different.
    So close to the edge of seeing the truth....but then you turn away.

So what would you recommend instead if someone claims to have a superior theory on fighting? How would you go about proving it in a non-alive fashion? Shall the person LARP the technique on Phrost? Should they fight full contact with no rules? Sounds awfully alive to me. Aliveness IS reality, and aliveness gives you the skills to apply any techniques regardless of the style in the most efficient and practical manner.

To be quite honest to stop all of these bogus insinuations I quite honestly will fight any one of these "too deadly" fighters with them having no rules, and all I can do is punch in the face with ground n' pound tactics. I'll put my life on the line to enlighten the delusional and the misled masses. Does that make me Jesus yet?

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    5/12/2006 1:51am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Murray
    Thing is, knowing MAP staff fairly well, instead of forever relinquishing the toys you threw from your pram, you could probably still say "look, I'm sorry, I was a twat, and what I said was wrong!"
    Heaven knows worse transgressions have been forgiven there.
    It's obvious you were popular as a poster on MAP.
    Man up, say sorry and keep on enjoying the best of both worlds, or get to like the smell of ****.
    It's your choice.
    that would be dandy if i were sorry, which im not. I couldnt care less about how popular a poster I was, it isn't MAP idol. I have been sinbinned about 5-6 times before- if i was gonna leave just because of that, I would have done it a long time ago.

Hope I never have to see you expousing your expertise on anything until you have maybe another five years under your belt though.
    I thought a lot less of you for some of your recent posts (up to you, whether you give a monkeys about that or not).
    im of the school of thought that time spent doing an activity isnt the only major bearing on ability. I know a guy at our gym who is a boxer. this kid is fucking amazing. I seriously mean that, he can mop the floor with me under boxing rules and almost anyone else at our club, and he isnt a big guy. I fully expect this kid to be a very successful pro one day. and he has been training only a little longer than i have. on the flipside ive met guys who have been on the beaten path for 10 years and arent up to scratch. as for whether people can teach others, again i dont think its based entirely off experience. i mean if i wanted to learn how to box i bet there are better people to train you than tyson, despite them never being world champs.

ps- not saying that experience doesnt have a big factor, just that it isnt the only and not always the biggest factor

pps- also not implying im any kind of badass here just justifying my train of thought

ppps- i dont really know you except as another troll who does nothing but badmouth everything so your opinion of my recent posts isn't making me lose too much sleep

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/12/2006 3:14am

Style: Stavit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Brownring
    So they imitated us by first borrowing the concept of supporting members, then they created their own BBC. Given how much we are disliked by Debbie I have to laugh.

What a fucking ridiculous comment to make.
    Given the option , the majority if the MA world would rather Bullshido didn't exist.

Bullshido is what....the first ever VB forum to ask members to help finance it once acheiving a given size?

MAP existed long before Phrosty boy started spamming other forums for McDojo.com.

The reason you needed 'supporting members' on Bullshido first, was simply because of all the video content you like to host for ridicule on here.

I can't believe that comment when, some dickhead went to the trouble of making an MAP skin up for an April Fool spoof.

Cheers Samantha, that made me chuckle.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    5/12/2006 3:29am

supporting member
     Style: Yoseikan Budo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Bernius
    As metioned before - here's a short response (or as short as I can get it) to some of the issue brought up.

Couple disclaimers/background:
    1. I am a MAP mod. This isn't me posting as an official MAP response. This is me posting as Matt Bernius' response.

2. I was (along with my instructor) supposed to be an instructor at this event. I was unable to attend due to professional commitments. However, if asked again I would attend a future MAP meet.

3. I'm not interested in addressing any of the "deep" ideological issues between MAP and Bullshido. Lets be frank, no one is moving their position on any of those. If this is taken as a sign of intellectual weakness - mea culpa.

- Matt
    Thanks Matt and Cuchulain82 for the straight forward responses and explaining stuff that wasn't very clear to me.

I still think that their was things showed on that meeting that shoudn't of been showed but as Matt pointed out there was some dubious things showed in BS meetings as well (even if they didn't get the 'Trowdown' label).

But the difference is that on BS that was discussed and made ridicule of and the videos are still available, while MAP's reaction to criticism is Bannishment and hiding of evidence....
    Martial Arts is like sex, if you over complicate it with exotic sounding names, theories and principles, you end up fucking yourself in the ass. -Ronin69

Crappler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    5/12/2006 3:43am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just to try and get a more unbiased objective opinion, I showed the video to a friend of mine with little more exposure to MA than taking her son to kiddie TKD classes. Not wanting to contaminate her opinion, I gave her little explaination as to what she was watching and just asked her to be honest. She had this to say:
    this seriously looks like a Weight Watchers group having a funday outing at some martial arts gym