supporting member
     Style: n/a (ex-Karate)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's just big bones, that's all it is.

*looks down at gut*
    Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
    click here to order on Amazon

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    5/08/2006 7:23am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sad to say that I've seen way too much of this type of **** in my own past training. Some people never see the light. Heaven forbid you break a sweat during training.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    5/08/2006 7:24am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Horrible, horrible, horrible. Just fucking horrible.

I've know people that are, let's say, chunky, but are fucking tough. Some people are just built like that, big bones, big hips and large waist, and yet are athletic, fast and strong. I've seen them at the gym running miles and miles and pumping iron. I've seen them at my prev. BJJ classes.

But I don't see any indication of that in this clip. The vast majority are just so out of shape, it's not even funny. You seriously cannot be doing anything physical to get to that stage. Except for the dude doing the kettlebells, that's about it.

Also, the stick **** was just sad. They don't keep their free hand up (there is no reason to keep it at waist level as they were doing it, even if it was a lame drill.) To top it off, they were holding and swirling the sticks as if they were delicate dildos!!

Look at the guy teaching stick crap at minute 5:20. He is just doing pretty stick swirling. No power in the strikes, no bodyweight in them at all.

And what the **** is the black dude in the background thinking he is doing at minute 7:30, with his hand in his back? Trying to look cool?????

I stopped watching at minute 8:32 - people were hitting focus mitts w/o any form of hand protection, no wraps, no nothing. Maybe that's unnecessary for people with hands that already conditioned, but I doubt any of those people were in that category.

Putting people from all walks of life that are so obviously out of shape to hit focus mitts without any form of protection is just fucking wrong... wrong I tell you!!!!
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Founder/GrandSensei of Joint British / Papua New Guinean Non-contact Lawn Bowls Jiu Jitsu Committee

Posted On:
    5/08/2006 7:28am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh. MY. God.

The ultimate video of disaster.

I got the giggles when i saw the chick in the TKD uniform trying to do chi sau and it didnt stop the whole time...
    Imports from Japan, Shipping Worldwide! Art Junkie, Scramble, BJJ Spirits, Reversal...
    Scramble Stuff

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    5/08/2006 7:29am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Camus
    We have quite a few fat members ourselves
    Some people are built like that, but I doubt those dudes at your class are really out of shape. I know this guy at the gym where I work out that, when you look at him, he looks fat. Big, waist, just big.

But hell, he has Popeye's arms, and runs like for 30 minutes in the threadmill (not brisk walks, but runs!!), and pumps iron so hard it's even sick to watch. He just happens to be built like that. There were a few guys at my prev. BJJ class that were like that, but man, I do respect those guys. They may suffer in the cardio, but they millions of miles removed from being of shape wimps.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Crouching Philosopher, Hidden Philosopher

Posted On:
    5/08/2006 7:33am

supporting member
     Style: n/a (ex-Karate)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    These are people who MUST believe in chi, because any other kind of physical power would require sweat, bruises and probably blood. Icky.
    Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
    click here to order on Amazon

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/08/2006 7:33am

Style: TKD; BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That cross choke from underneith mount made baby jesus cry.

That whole video was really sad when compared to even the most spartan of throwdown vids.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    5/08/2006 7:48am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MAP retard
    I'm hoping that everyone that comes, comes with there cup empty.....
    Mission accomplished!

Welterweight

Posted On:
    5/08/2006 7:52am

supporting member
     Style: Yoseikan Budo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OMG.

I guess a lot of you didn't see it but toward the 12' mark there's some sword (katana) training...

The girl is teaching them to hold their sword straight up (NOT towards the throat of the guy they would be facing) and their arms completely straight....

That and the fact that it was the most out of shape people 'teaching' stuff is toooooo much.
    Martial Arts is like sex, if you over complicate it with exotic sounding names, theories and principles, you end up fucking yourself in the ass. -Ronin69

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    5/08/2006 8:02am

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LolodesBois
    OMG.

I guess a lot of you didn't see it but toward the 12' mark there's some sword (katana) training...

The girl is teaching them to hold their sword straight up (NOT towards the throat of the guy they would be facing) and their arms completely straight....
    I saw so much I can't even began to start nit picking on little things like the basics of LARP'ing with a boken ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994
Page 3 of 116 FirstFirst 123 45671353103 ... LastLast