Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2007 8:17am

Style: Muay Thai, Kali, Fencing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty
    You're a MAP apologist! Go hang your head in shame dog!
    THAT is your response? That's the dumbest **** I've ever heard.

To the Bat Pole!

Posted On:
    5/11/2007 9:03am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Then open your ears to the sledgehammer sarcasm.

This is one reason why BS and MAP don't get on.
    Mr Politically Correct GIJoe6186:
    Fat people disgust me in every way imaginable. I was at Freindly's with my girl tonight and saw a bunch of fat fuckers. I felt sorry for the pavement they were killing and the people who had to see them. .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2007 10:32am

Style: Muay Thai, Kali, Fencing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matsufubu
    This is one reason why BS and MAP don't get on.
    Sarcasm and internet etiquette are a few of the many reasons BS and MAP don't get along. But I want to know why people here still care? Originally, when this thread was started here, MAP was just as up-in-arms as BS. But it died down at MAP fairly quickly, and I haven't heard a peep about it since. Here, at BS, this thread keeps coming back. I'm just surprised that I keep getting notifications in my inbox that people post here.
    Last edited by Cuchulain82; 5/11/2007 10:57am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2007 10:35am

Style: Shotokan Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maps suck. They take all the spontaneity out of travel.

To the Bat Pole!

Posted On:
    5/11/2007 4:16pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    New members come along, see the hilarity, and want to jump on the bandwagon, or simply say their piece. This is the only forum where thread necromancy is allowed.

The recent bump was a new member re-posting the video, as it had disappeared. No big deal. Bullies enjoy laughing at funny videos, MAP Meets or otherwise. Treating it like some horrible skeleton in the closet, never to be mentioned again only makes people more curious about it.

The best thing MAP could have done is to put it out there, say "this is how we want to do it, Bullshido and the rest of 'em can go jump if they want to slag us off". They'd have gotten more respect for that than attempting a cover-up. Attempting to hide the video from the world is an admission that it sucks, and it sucks because their training methods and knowledge suck, and therefore their site sucks because it's supposed to be about martial arts training and knowledge. Self-ownage.

Bullshido will always laugh at MAP, it's nothing to be concerned about.

As for internet etiquette...I'd rather be told "Shut up ******, you know nothing about Muay Thai", than have my posts edited, threads locked, but without the bad language. There's nothing polite about manipulation and allowing people to say stupid **** without being slammed down just because they might get offended if somebody calls them a jackass for saying it.
    Last edited by Matsufubu; 5/11/2007 4:19pm at .
    Fat people disgust me in every way imaginable. I was at Freindly's with my girl tonight and saw a bunch of fat fuckers. I felt sorry for the pavement they were killing and the people who had to see them. .

Posted On:
    5/11/2007 5:22pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulain82
    I'm a MAPer, I'm in the video, and I posted earlier in the thread. What I want to know is why you guys still care about this? Seriously? The situation isn't that hard to comprehend- Bullshido posters were going onto MAP and acting like dicks, and then MAPers responded with ridiculous bannings. This was how long ago? After 100+ pages in a thread it's pretty clear that there is a difference of opinion between the sites. Why does this thread still matter?

FYI- MAP has changed considerably since this thread started. I don't know why, but alot of the Mods are different, including KickChick.
    Uhh, I really don't care much myself. Who bumped this old-ass thread in the first place?

But the difference of opinion generally stems from the fact that the bulk of the people at MAP are more concerned with their image as a "Martial Artist" than their performance as a fighter.

Plus, many of them like yourself, have a bo staff crammed far enough up their backsides that it could serve as a replacement spine for the one they're missing when it comes to both having a sense of humor, and denying the fact that you have to get hit in the face on a regular basis to get good at Martial Arts.

Posted On:
    5/11/2007 5:28pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sarcasm and internet etiquette are a few of the many reasons BS and MAP don't get along. But I want to know why people here still care? Originally, when this thread was started here, MAP was just as up-in-arms as BS. But it died down at MAP fairly quickly, and I haven't heard a peep about it since. Here, at BS, this thread keeps coming back. I'm just surprised that I keep getting notifications in my inbox that people post here.
    And another thing:

You're a willing (I assume) participant in a pastime whose defining feature is violence. A community based on the exact opposite parameters that foster success in said pastime (violence, aggression, competitiveness), is doomed from the start to be a haven for the dregs of the greater community which can't hack it elsewhere.

Kind of like a support group for people who think American football should be played with two-hand touch rules instead of tackles, or scientists who disagree with the theory of gravity.

Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly.

Posted On:
    5/11/2007 9:26pm

hall of famestaff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount
    Been out of highschool for a while :\
    At 10:30AM on a Friday?! You truant!

Woke up in the mortuary

Posted On:
    5/12/2007 4:31am

Style: Judo, Sub wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...I want to know why people here still care? Originally, when this thread was started here, MAP was just as up-in-arms as BS. But it died down at MAP fairly quickly, and I haven't heard a peep about it since
    Because the people bitching about it over there were banned

To the Bat Pole!

Posted On:
    5/12/2007 4:51am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    And another thing:

You're a willing (I assume) participant in a pastime whose defining feature is violence. A community based on the exact opposite parameters that foster success in said pastime (violence, aggression, competitiveness), is doomed from the start to be a haven for the dregs of the greater community which can't hack it elsewhere.

Kind of like a support group for people who think American football should be played with two-hand touch rules instead of tackles, or scientists who disagree with the theory of gravity.
    But...that's not BUDO, you Bullshido barbarian!

Budo is about negating arguments about pressure testing your skills by saying training is about getting home safely to your loved ones at night. Budo is about child rape fantasies expressed via 'poetry'. Budo is about fake anecdotal evidence to back up your fallacious arguments. Budo is about talking about how deadly swinging your bokken around would be if it were only a katana. Budo is a way of life that can only be understood by the Enlightened Ones, who generally seem to be younger teenagers posting "HOW DO TORNADO KICK?", "HOW DO WORKOUT?", etc...

"You just don't get it", as the Enlightened Ones like to say.