233138 Bullies, 3597 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1155
Page 113 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113 114115116 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Ke?poFist is offline
    Ke?poFist's Avatar

    Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    6,888

    Posted On:
    5/19/2006 10:01pm

    supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy ****, it seems to be that we're having a positive discussion regarding my thread on MAP...I think Satans feet just got a little chilly....Clyde if you're reading this, I'm having a great Kempo day :)

    http://www.martialartsplanet.com/for...4&page=1&pp=15
  2. Cassius is online now
    Cassius's Avatar

    Moderator

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,004

    Posted On:
    5/19/2006 10:11pm

    supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    Congratulations on your promotion to the Ministry of Truth herr Bernius. You do Goebbels proud.

    Despite what you say it's pretty obvious that the "lag hack" is being used on more than just one account, including mine. I wonder how many times is the story going to have to be revised until this is finally acknowledged, and/or if you're even being told the whole truth.

    Two possibilites here:

    1. You are being kept in the dark by the Turd Reich because der Furryher doesn't trust you.

    2. You know the full truth and are simply lying because your status as a moderator is more important than your integrity or commitment to fighting BS in the Martial Arts.

    Either way, I wag my finger at you sir.
    I'd also like to point out that no one ever addressed your post about adding a "No Bashing Bullshido" clause to the TOS, since our dual members are not allowed to criticize MAP.

    I respect Bernius, KSWolf, wrydolphin, and the other MAP members who have come over here and communicated openly and honestly. But the above thing about us not being allowed to criticize you while you are free to take potshots at us (I'm using "you" in the plural sense, as in all of MAP) is pretty sad, in my opinion. I've not registered there, but I've lurked, and a lot of MAP's membership tends to be unfair to Bullshido. If they can unfairly disparage Bullshido on MAP, why can't we disparage MAP on MAP, or even disparage MAP on Bullshido. Not that I plan on registering anytime soon, or even pretend to give a **** about this entire discussion, but it seemed worth pointing out.

    On a side note, you guys (general MAP membership, not just mods) should probably get your **** together. Saying things like "There is no ban hack" when you really mean "I've not been informed of a ban hack" makes you guys look like Communist Bloc Soviets. My favorite so far is "I'm sure it's just a technical issue." Right after mods repeatedly admitted to the existence of a ban hack.
    Last edited by Cassius; 5/19/2006 10:14pm at .
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal
  3. DAYoung is offline
    DAYoung's Avatar

    Crouching Philosopher, Hidden Philosopher

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, AUS
    Posts
    6,269

    Posted On:
    5/19/2006 10:13pm

    supporting member
     Style: n/a (ex-Karate)

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbanzo Bean
    I'd also like to point out that no one ever addressed your post about adding a "No Bashing Bullshido" clause to the TOS, since our dual members are not allowed to criticize MAP.

    I respect Bernius, KSWolf, wrydolphin, and the other MAP members who have come over here and communicated openly and honestly. But the above thing about us not being allowed to criticize you while you are free to take potshots at us (I'm using "you" in the plural sense, as in all of MAP) is pretty sad, in my opinion.

    I've not registered there, but I've lurked, and a lot of MAP's membership tends to be unfair to Bullshido. If they can unfairly disparage Bullshido on MAP, why can't we disparage MAP on MAP, or even disparage MAP on Bullshido. Not that I plan on registering anytime soon, or even pretend to give a **** about this entire discussion, but it seemed worth pointing out.

    And as a side note, you guys should probably get your **** together. Saying things like "There is no ban hack" when you really mean "I've not been informed of a ban hack" makes you guys look like Communist Bloc Soviets. My favorite so far is "I'm sure it's just a technical issue." Right after mods repeatedly admitted to the existence of a ban hack.

    Haven't you got better things to do? I'm still waiting for that beer log.
    Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
    click here to order on Amazon

  4. Phrost is offline
    Phrost's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 1998
    Location
    Cow Town
    Posts
    19,125

    Posted On:
    5/19/2006 10:21pm

    Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, I want to know how completely insecure you have to be in order to ban people who say mean things about you on other sites. I mean, seriously, that's like some pimply 14 year old LiveJournal bullshit and definitely not something done by an organization that wants any kind of respect.

    Could you imagine if the Wall Street Journal cancelled your subscription because you wrote a letter to the New York Times editor to complain about a recent column in it?
  5. Cassius is online now
    Cassius's Avatar

    Moderator

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,004

    Posted On:
    5/19/2006 10:22pm

    supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108
    Green Day sucks. They are musically inept. In the entire history of their band, they have been unable to play more than three cords.
    God damn I fucking hate Green Day. I tried to like them, I really did. They suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by DAYoung
    Haven't you got better things to do? I'm still waiting for that beer log.
    Actually, I'm about to go out to bars, but I don't like the people that were hosting the pre-party, and I want to make it to BJJ tomorrow, so I stayed in until everyone was ready to go out (Bars close at 4 here. TAKE THAT BIBLE BELT!)

    To answer your question (sorry about not responding to your PM, I am kind of a space cadet about doing so lately), I'm not planning on using my Blog for beer, because I think I'm going to use it to talk about my Army Combatives training, as well as any non-BJJ martial arts training I can get when I'm at AIT and beyond.

    That way, I can keep my BJJ log pure and delicious.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal
  6. Cassius is online now
    Cassius's Avatar

    Moderator

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,004

    Posted On:
    5/19/2006 10:25pm

    supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    Actually, I want to know how completely insecure you have to be in order to ban people who say mean things about you on other sites. I mean, seriously, that's like some pimply 14 year old LiveJournal bullshit and definitely not something done by an organization that wants any kind of respect.

    Could you imagine if the Wall Street Journal cancelled your subscription because you wrote a letter to the New York Times editor to complain about a recent column in it?
    Same here. How do people like this handle criticism in the real world?
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal
  7. DAYoung is offline
    DAYoung's Avatar

    Crouching Philosopher, Hidden Philosopher

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, AUS
    Posts
    6,269

    Posted On:
    5/19/2006 10:28pm

    supporting member
     Style: n/a (ex-Karate)

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbanzo Bean
    To answer your question (sorry about not responding to your PM, I am kind of a space cadet about doing so lately), I'm not planning on using my Blog for beer, because I think I'm going to use it to talk about my Army Combatives training, as well as any non-BJJ martial arts training I can get when I'm at AIT and beyond.

    That way, I can keep my BJJ log pure and delicious.
    Hold on a fucking minute. Are you telling me you're going to use your training blog to talk about training?

    Warped.

    You need to see someone about your priorities.

    I suggest a bartender.
    Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
    click here to order on Amazon

  8. Teh El Macho is offline
    Teh El Macho's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia
    Posts
    11,762

    Posted On:
    5/20/2006 10:00am

    supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KempoFist
    Holy ****, it seems to be that we're having a positive discussion regarding my thread on MAP...I think Satans feet just got a little chilly....Clyde if you're reading this, I'm having a great Kempo day :)

    http://www.martialartsplanet.com/for...4&page=1&pp=15
    Dude, you have a nice thread going there!!! Kudos!
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

    My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

    New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

    t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

    The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris
  9. Judah Maccabee is offline
    Judah Maccabee's Avatar

    Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,325

    Posted On:
    5/20/2006 11:27pm

    supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wish Matt was back in Chicago.


    He was a good fighter and a good guy.
  10. Aus Panda is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    28

    Posted On:
    5/21/2006 1:50am


     Style: American Style Kenpo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KempoFist
    Holy ****, it seems to be that we're having a positive discussion regarding my thread on MAP...I think Satans feet just got a little chilly....Clyde if you're reading this, I'm having a great Kempo day :)

    http://www.martialartsplanet.com/for...4&page=1&pp=15
    This is a little off topic, and I apologise in advance for it, but I don't know how to PM someone when they are offline.

    Nice thread, even though I have only trained in my style of Kenpo for 2 years I can agree with all the points you put forward. In my Kenpo class we try to incorporate all the things you mentioned to make it practical in application rather than the old argument "It works in theory, but I can't show you because I could break something" crap.

    I live in Australia so Jeff Speakmans American Style Kenpo Karate (long name) is very new to us over here but from the first time I saw it I knew it was for me. Here is my teachers website (Mr David Giovenco) http://www.jeffspeakman.com.au/, and also a little sparring highlight clip of the exact style we practice over in America here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FevFq0-SRdA and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ct3UrNPxwc for your scrutiny. I had the luck of meeting Mr Speakman and Mr Pribble in Aus near the end of last year, I might not have alot of experience as of yet but I can tell when someone can hit hard, fast and realistically and both do a fine job at that.

    Cheers,

    Panda

    P.S. Any alternative way to view this video, it seems to be down as mentioned before.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.