Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/08/2006 8:16am

Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Palm strikes lose on range, but I prefer them in some cases, specifically palm-hooks. It's alot easier to wreck someone's day with a palm-hook to the jaw, or at least I'm more accurate with it than attempting to land a solid hook to one of the two knockout points on the jaw.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/08/2006 9:58am

supporting member
     Style: white boy jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you'd be surprised at how effective the bitch slap is at getting you ho to cough up the green. that bitch will know better next time.

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    5/08/2006 10:07am

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by meng_mao
    you can hit open palm in the UFC. It's just not done because you can wear gloves.
    Watch Pride much? In the early UFC's Tank Abbot requested permission to wear a 'bag glove' (which is what it was called at the time) the rationale being that since Tank liked to punch he needed to save his hand for later fights. I'm pretty sure they weren't allowing guys to tape up boxer style like today.

As has been pointed out before a palm strike can actually do a lot of damage, as Arona how he feels after losing to Shogun (yes that was a hammer fist but the principle applies). There is a Felony Fights out right now where a street fighter fights an MMA guy (if you've been to the Tapout site he's the guy with the American flag style Tapout across his abs) and the MMA guy throws open palm strikes.

In MMA I prefer to throw open palm as my hand is less padded there in relation to my knuckles. I know its not a big thing but when you fight a guy with a concrete head any little bit counts.

TKD:ninja7:

Posted On:
    5/08/2006 10:26am

Style: wagamichi shorei kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From a traditional Karate point of veiw,

The kata that are open hand or have a majority of open hand techniques are "fighting kata" or, have techniques in them to be used in a fight. The closed hand kata like the pinan for example, are exercise kata to train range of motion and mucsle groups for the later kata. The pinanns are an exersise drill for Kusanku.

I was told this by Nishime. He really opened up about the truth and what they, The Okinawans did not teach in the 50s-80s.

He was laughing about it one day when some dillman people were going on and on about the hidden techniques in some kata. he said there were no techniques. just a drill to keep your elbows in while turning.

He also said that for the most part, punching with a closed fist did not come into vouge untill the late 1800's when karate was going into its "Do" phase. The jitsu was done with open hands.

I do iron plam, and I taught a freind of mine, Aaron sullivan, owner of Integrated fighting in Indy (Chris Lytle, Jason Godsey are a few to come out of here. I only put this in to show that thie is not some back yard ****.) Aaron used Iron palm in the cage in Kokomo indiana in 2001.

To my knowlage he is the only person to ever use the Iron palm in the cage.
    It went like this, He got a crossmount, and started slaping Jeremy Brown in the face, the crowd went silent because it looked like nothing. Jeremy went nighty night from the slaps. he was also the only person out of 15 fights that the doctors got worried about and sent to the E.R.

Does this prove open hand is better than the fist? i dont know. jeremy was siptting out violet purple blood from his mouth and nose.

There are a lot of arts that have or use the open hand. I think if you train it right, the open hand may hit deeper, "not harder" than a fist.

I think it has to do with shock waves, the body is made of water, throw a big rock in a pond and it makes big waves. I have been told and belive, that a fist attacks muscle and bone, the open hand attacks organs. who knows.

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    5/08/2006 10:31am

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I prefer the Judo chop.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/08/2006 10:40am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I prefer the Judo chop.
    I was wondering when would someone say that.

Posted On:
    5/08/2006 11:13am

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaverickZ
    you'd be surprised at how effective the bitch slap is at getting you ho to cough up the green.
    that bitch will know better next time.
    "Bitch betta have my money!"
    :new_all_c

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    5/08/2006 11:49am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is DerAuslander gonna have to choke a bitch?

Posted On:
    5/08/2006 11:59am

Style: wagamichi shorei kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108
    Is DerAuslander gonna have to choke a bitch?

With or without your hands.:qgaraduat

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    5/08/2006 12:21pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108
    Does DerAuslander choke his chicken?
    There. Fixed for ya :tongue3:
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast