228384 Bullies, 3996 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 2033
Page 157 of 204 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157 158159160161167 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/31/2007 4:04pm

Style: Fang Shen Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    n00b - That isn't really a dare. I would do that in a second. Ok, maybe not in a second. I would definitely have to think about the stylistic consequences of wearing a one-inch-wide, straight-out-of-tennis-in-the-70s, elasticised-towel, screaming white screen printed headband. Of course it does have the awesome red dragon on it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/31/2007 4:18pm

Style: Mauy Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterPantsless
    I don't see that on the site. Can you hook me up with a link?:new_blueg
    I'm looking for it right now, I can't remember where I saw it, it even had the traditional white background with the red trimming and everything. I'm kicking myself for not having posted it right when I saw it...I'll keep you posted, unless someone else has way better research-fu then me and finds it first.

Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    1/31/2007 4:41pm

Style: judo, parenting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Haru_the_larger
    n00b - That isn't really a dare. I would do that in a second. Ok, maybe not in a second. I would definitely have to think about the stylistic consequences of wearing a one-inch-wide, straight-out-of-tennis-in-the-70s, elasticised-towel, screaming white screen printed headband. Of course it does have the awesome red dragon on it.

Hey now, add a faded bruce lee iron-on logo tshirt, you'd be kikkin it old skool:jihad:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/01/2007 7:09am

Style: MT. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Riposte
    I'm looking for it right now, I can't remember where I saw it, it even had the traditional white background with the red trimming and everything. I'm kicking myself for not having posted it right when I saw it...I'll keep you posted, unless someone else has way better research-fu then me and finds it first.
    I seem to remember that on their old site. They talk about how often you see overweight instructors, who rely on lineage only. Good times.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/01/2007 9:21am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterPantsless
    I seem to remember that on their old site. They talk about how often you see overweight instructors, who rely on lineage only. Good times.
    Something I'm going to keep my eye on, is that it's easy to have in-shape instructor when they're in their 20s. It's the later years that are gonna show. What will the older sifus look like? I know Sijo's not exactly ripped anymore, but he's not a complete lardball either, but now that he's BACK ON THE TRAINING FLOOR... oh wait.

Damn.

You know I try to be fair and unbiased and it's just hard. It's like talking rationally about Rush Limbaugh.

Sigh.

Took my first MT class the other day. Skipping on mats == ouch ouch ouch. BUT it's better than I felt after my first sparring class in BJJ last year. This leads me to believe that this, too, can be borne, and by next year I'll be at a new level. It's interesting getting in BETTER shape as I head towards 40. *grin*

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2007 11:48pm

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was perusing the FSD site on archive.org when I notice something from the 2001 version of the site. One of the icons said International FSD. When I opened the link it brought up an ad that says "Grandmaster J.L. Patenaude Invites all ranks and styles to join the International Fang Shen Do Federation". "Membership Includes: International Membership, Certificate & ID Card (I wonder if I could use this in lieu of my passport?), Video tape discount, Worldwide seminars, $30 Memberships and inquires (no idea what "inquires" means), $50 Instructor/School affiliation."

Curiously by 2003 this link is no longer on the FSD site. Could it be because not one single person could be persuaded to send in $30 or $50??

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/06/2007 9:41am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    someone recently showed me a copy of the 2004 edition of the FSD newsletter...

can't believe that they actually used to make DVD sales compulsory to advance in new levels...

so you HAD to buy the frigging DVD's to earn your new stripe... disgusting.

They did get rid of this policy though. It does show ya what FSD is mainly about... andrewa, i think what u digged up also supports it (yet again and again)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/06/2007 9:58am

Style: MT. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That newsletter rocks!!!! It lists the main reasons why people stop training at FSD, and calls them BS. Something about "real" reasons for not training, (no FSD school in your city), and excuses, (cost too much).

Oh!! And the part about how there is still time to invest, and get in on the ground floor of, KUNG FU LOVE, the musical!

This is all from memory so I'm sure I have butchered what it actually says. Does anyone have a copy to post?

Dragon's Lair, baby!!!!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/06/2007 10:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sorry don't have the copy...

on the top of my head...

the reason why you had to buy the DVD's was that you cannot train properly without a proper equipment... which makes sense to a degree...

but to make you buy them to advance in ranks?!

to all fairness to FSD, they got rid of this policy.

good thing i never had to buy those stuff. imagine the poor suckers who bought them to earn their yellow stripe?! maybe you are one of thoese, PPless?

the newest marketing thing is that they are selling stations kits... i mean come on. you can write the exercises on a piece of paper, get a timer on, crank up your favorite tune and get on with the training.

instead, they want to sell those cards and sJP's voice on a CD to count. really. come on.

don't know how much they charge though.

btw, i used to love stations. got me in better shape...

any ex fangers know what happens after you reach black sash? i recall that classes were supposed to be free after a black sash or something.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/06/2007 10:40am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fanger123
    i recall that classes were supposed to be free after a black sash or something.
    HAHAHAHAHA. Free??

That's a knee-slapper if I've ever heard one.