223868 Bullies, 3796 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 2033
Page 111 of 204 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111 112113114115121161 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/29/2006 8:49pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After attending my new BJJ club several times I have discovered new thoughts regarding how I think of martial arts and how this forum discusses FSD. I am now beginning to get a real good idea where the venom comes from.

After attending a BJJ class I feal very weak and slightly scared of my fellow students and think of not returning. HEHE. Kidding. It is a nice workout and I am delighted how efficient the classes are run and how it is such a learning enviroment. Much better to work up a sweat practicing techniques than from doing a 45 minute aerobics class. Then spending the remaining 15 minutes on a questionable technique with a 15 year old geek that could not fight his way out of a wet paper bag with a battle axe.

I would like to thank this forum and it's members once again for saving me money among other things. (self esteem,respect,honour,etc)

Is there a lineage here. Cuz this guy came out in 1974.

HONG KONG PHOOEY

http://images.google.com/images?q=tb..._wallpaper.jpg
    Last edited by HAVOC; 8/29/2006 8:59pm at .

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    8/29/2006 9:37pm

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is only one way to follow up that:

Poe: At times the task you face, may seem overwhelming. And you may feel unequal to what is required.
    Young KCC: Master, I observe others, and they seem to know the way.
    Poe: Do you?
    Young KCC: I am puzzled and unsure. I move one way, and then another. To no purpose.
    Poe: And therefore, grieve.
    Young KCC: Yes, master.
    Poe: The sage has said "Others are contented, I alone am drifting. Not knowing where I am. I am different. I am nourished by the great mother. In an uncertain hour, the wise man acknowledges uncertainty.

Although nowhere near as influential as 'Kung Fu Love' see earlier thread for the brilliance of this (damn near makes this film seem Oscar worthy) a seminal piece of cinematic glory!

TKD

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/01/2006 6:12pm

Style: MMA, BJJ, Drunken Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm always amazed after two or three weeks to come back to this forum and read new and informative posts. I guess a part of me thinks that all has been said, but each time I return I find that I am mistaken. I have to thank everyone for making public knowledge of FSD's ways.

I'm really moved by the fact that a FSD school is advertising without the name of FSD or Patenuede. I have to laugh at whoever said it earlier, that they could drop the name of FSD and still teach the same thing, becuase that's what JP did. I happen to have an entire copy of the school's so called curriculum and was looking through it the other day. It's quite funny because they claim to have it copyrighted but really in all honesty, what's there to copyright.

For example Day 4 Blue Sash (Day Program 44 Days) says:

Chi Sao: (Three rounds)

Discuss: Four Engaging Rules: (see outline)
    1. Take the initiative, strike first, be on the offensive;
    2. Stike in such a way as to inflict the most damage;
    3. You must use sufficient techniques to trap your opponents techniques (energy);
    4. You must be able to completely transfer all your energy into your opponent.

Counter-Jamming Leg Techniques:
    They must name them: Low Side Kick, Front Thrust, Sole Kick/Oblique, Rear Thrust, Spinning Rear Thrust Kick. Have them use their Stop Kicks solidly against shield. Start with Direct kicks.

Fook Sao (applied):
    Use opposite hand to strike at the same time or use Fook Sao hand to strike.

Lop Sao Drill:
    Explain: show, apply one minute each, this is an endurance drill, the puncher applies the Lop Sao, other partner simply applies Taun Sao energy.

Shadow Closing:
    By themselves with mirror (mechanics, unit principle) then 2X2.
    So this is day 4, and I was looking through it all the other day and thought really how do you copyright a push-up right? I mean you could call this day 3 of the yellow sash program in your school, and it wouldn't be a copy. JP didn't create the Fook Sao or the Shadow Closing. Even if he did and you decided to call it Mirroring there is nothing wrong with that. It's like the Big Mac, Whopper, and Teen Burger. Just incase some might call this plagerism I put day 4 in quotes, but I'm not sure what to do about the foot note because it's not a published book and from what I was told wasn't even put together by JP.

I just thought I'd throw this out there if any instructors wanted to teach their own version of martial art. I can't reveal my sources where I got this manual but feel like I should post the whole thing so that any students of FSD could at least prepare for what the next day of classes would be. I mean it's not like I have the recipe for the Colonel's chicken, although I wish it was worth something. Maybe there's a kool-aid drinker out there who wants to make sure he/she doesn't miss anything.

Maybe TKD would like it so he doesn't have to buy toilet paper next month. I don't know, but it's kind of useless to me.

:bssign:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/01/2006 8:14pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It looks like Scott's not the only one looking for children. I've gotten word that Stephane d'Amour is doing the same at his Kanata school. Same setup - no mention of Patenaude or Fang Shen Do, just "Kanata Kung-Fu". My source says that this is an attempt to get some quick cash coming in, and it sounds like something that all of the schools are or will be doing.

While I can understand why they aren't advertising either Patenaude or FSD, I wonder - what do they will happen once parents actually visit the school? Unless they've removed all traces of FSD and Patenaude's name from the schools themselves, don't you think that some enterprising parents will hop onto Google and type the words "fang shen do" in? It'll be interesting to see how this one plays out.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/01/2006 9:20pm

Style: Jeet Kune Do / MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Perhaps this was the BOOM they were talking about?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/01/2006 9:54pm

Style: MMA, BJJ, Drunken Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm more excited to finally get Stephan D'amour to re-paint his vehicle.

Also, I think that the reason they're reaching out to the young students is because they can brainwash them at a young age. I hope parents are extremely careful where they enroll their children.

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    9/01/2006 10:35pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HAVOC
    After attending a BJJ class I feal very weak and slightly scared of my fellow students and think of not returning. HEHE. Kidding. It is a nice workout and I am delighted how efficient the classes are run and how it is such a learning enviroment.
    Have you tried faking a heart attack for t3h w1n?

:toothy10:

HONG KONG PHOOEY
    Universally recognized as a number one super guy.

--J.D.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/02/2006 12:16am

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringfellow
    It looks like Scott's not the only one looking for children. I've gotten word that Stephane d'Amour is doing the same at his Kanata school. Same setup - no mention of Patenaude or Fang Shen Do, just "Kanata Kung-Fu".
    What I think will happen on an increasing basis is that the various schools will offer or advertise "Kung-Fu" or "Wing Chun" or some variation of these names. These classes will of course be taught separately from the FSD classes. The plan being to teach essentially the same thing without the taint of the FSD name.

Now I can it this going two directions.....One path is over time to focus on the "Kung-Fu" classes and slowly phase-out "FSD" from their ads and literature OR path two which is to offer both the Kung-Fu and FSD, and prospective students will be told that these are two different martial arts they can choose to train in. If someone asks what the difference is they will be told the Kung-Fu is a "traditional" approach to martial arts. (Remember the word traditional. It will be the explantion for the Kung-Fu/FSD split.) FSD will be promoted as a more aggressive "street-fighting" style.

Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    9/02/2006 9:05am

Style: judo, parenting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewa
    What I think will happen on an increasing basis is that the various schools will offer or advertise "Kung-Fu" or "Wing Chun" or some variation of these names. These classes will of course be taught separately from the FSD classes. The plan being to teach essentially the same thing without the taint of the FSD name.
    Hmm... taint and FSD in the same sentence. Was this a Freudian slip to suggest teaching "Kung Fu" or "Wing Chun" isn't quite the **** hole of FSD?

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    9/02/2006 11:31am

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mullets and Arrow Breaking - Is there a link between the two?

http://www3.sympatico.ca/danieltheri...onresults.html
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"