228893 Bullies, 4668 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 2033
Page 109 of 204 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109 110111112113119159 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/27/2006 3:49pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oops did I say that silk comment out loud. I thought that was internal monologue.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/27/2006 3:51pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ya you are right no silk. My underwear is my business.

TKD,

I find you very acidic and sometimes repulsive. Keep up the good work.

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    8/27/2006 4:03pm

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HAVOC
    Ya you are right no silk. My underwear is my business.
    - And here at Bullshido we'll thank you to keep it that way!

Quote Originally Posted by HAVOC
    TKD,

I find you very acidic and sometimes repulsive. Keep up the good work.
    - No encouragement needed but I appreciate the vote of confidence. Trust me like the pail of ****, anything can become tolerable with time. If you need an example you need only look as far as Jerry Levac, oops my bad Gerry Mansfield, as an example.

TKD:karated:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2006 4:20pm

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b
    (For those who aren't Fangers, the yellow belt, for some reason, is made of plastic. :)
    Years ago, (I'm talking the 70's) at Toys R' Us you could buy a Batman or a Robin 'kit'. You'd get a plastic mask for Batman or the black eye strip for Robin. There was a cape too which was pretty much a garbage bag cut into the shape of a cape. The highlight of the kit was the utility belt which had these little snap open/close compartments. Robin's belt was of course yellow. Maybe Mr. Patenaude picked up several of these on the cheap at a surplus sale?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2006 6:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I regret not having gotten the black belt, so I could speak from a position of authority, however, it would have cost me another 2 grand or so, and I had to think of the bottom line.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2006 9:03am

Style: BJJ ultra-noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now, I wish I saved it to scan in or OCR'd it but a couple of weeks ago I received a flyer in the mailbox for the local FSD school about an after school program (bussing kids to the kung fu school, having activities including a kungfu class, etc).

I am not against after school programs, in fact I think they can be useful, and I'm not questioning the Seafood's ability to run an afterschool program. I'm all for someone running a business with socially responsible programs, and actually making money doing it.

The flyer went into the recycling box so I no longer have it. But I did notice one particular thing about this flyer -- IIRC it didn't mention at all Fang Shen Do or Patenaude's Kung Fu, only the local school name.

Not a single FSD or Patenaude reference.

Funny that.

I'm thinking it was so if parent's went to google information about the school for background if they wanted to enroll their kids, they wouldn't see any of the bullshido discussions.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2006 5:38pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It didn't list anything at all? There must have been something for you to make the connection. I think your guess vis-a-vis why it doesn't say FSD or Patenaude on it is correct, however - advertising from now on is going to be much trickier for them.

Was this something that the school seemed to be a participant in? If so, it may be worth contacting the school officials and giving them a heads-up. They may want to, I don't know, check these guys out with the local authorities or something. You can't be too careful these days.

Actually, it may be worth letting them know either way.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2006 6:01pm

Style: BJJ ultra-noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It listed the Sifu's name, and XXXX Kung Fu (i.e. insert place name here, such as Aylmer, Kingston, Toronto, etc). But NOT FSD or Patenaude Kung Fu.

The other reason why I know, is that I used to go there. :5sigh:

I'm not going to insinuate that the people running wouldn't pass any background checks to run an after school program. But I just found it interesting that they are not advertising FSD or Patenaude when advertising their afterschool program.

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    8/28/2006 6:44pm

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wonder if the real story is that this particular branch is planning to seperate from the main line?

Dingo, you earlier posted which branch you attended, why hide it now when a simple search of your previous posts tells me which club you trained at?

And it is the club I most expected to be leaving - especially as I am begining to suspect that person of being TKD BB's inside source.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2006 8:41pm

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingo
    But I did notice one particular thing about this flyer -- IIRC it didn't mention at all Fang Shen Do or Patenaude's Kung Fu, only the local school name.

Not a single FSD or Patenaude reference.

Funny that.
    This doesn't suprise me at all. FSD/Patenuade's Kung-Fu has been in the Ottawa area for 20+ years and word gets around. I suspected months ago that the names "Fang Shen Do" and "Patenaude" had become so unmarketable that they would stop using them in their ads. Patenaude may be trying to diversify his business with this after-school program. Create a new client base but without the taint of the FSD name.

But as far as Askari's thoughts.... this could of course be a break-away school.