224674 Bullies, 3532 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 2033
Page 104 of 204 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104 105106107108114154 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    8/12/2006 6:08pm

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HAVOC
    Anyone wanna give me a reader's digest explaination on all this **** sniffing stuff, cause if that is what I am looking forward to I am quitting and joining aqua aerobics.
    I take it you haven't mastered the single digit pushup to the level of competency that would give you mastery over the very difficult 'up arrow' button on your computer? Your summary is about in my post, along with some questions for you and a very succinct explanation of why FSD sucks.

I will rapidly lose what little understanding and compassion I have if you continue to demonstrate the intelligence of a cocker spaniel.

Thanks in advance,

TKD

Does this discussion remind anyone of anything?:deadhorse

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/12/2006 11:45pm

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HAVOC, I'd like to ask you this question which you should be able to answer.

Before I ask the question let me please make the following preamble which I believe most people on this forum would agree is true and verifiable: Ottawa is home to several excellent martial art schools (Ronin, Carver's, OAMA, Takahashi, etc... I don't have to name them all...) Suffice to say there are several excellent martial art training centres around the city.

My question to you is this: What is it about Fang Shen Do that is so attractive to you as a martial art school that you would prefer to train in it as opposed to these other excellent schools?

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    8/13/2006 11:36am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewa
    My question to you is this: What is it about Fang Shen Do that is so attractive to you as a martial art school that you would prefer to train in it as opposed to these other excellent schools?
    it ees da smell lour en of victory, eh? if you can convees yourself dat da sheet smells like rose, eh you can do enyting!

TKD:new_borgs

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/13/2006 3:43pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am going to try another club... I agree with all that has been said regarding the level of instruction etc. I took the weekend and thought about it and did some more research on Ottawa clubs. I would like to thank those of you who took some time to raise my awareness.

NoOB, Dr.X, TKD.

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    8/13/2006 4:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am going to try another club... I agree with all that has been said regarding the level of instruction etc. I took the weekend and thought about it and did some more research on Ottawa clubs. I would like to thank those of you who took some time to raise my awareness.

NoOB, Dr.X, TKD.
    * Takes Bow but due to extenuating circumstances refrains from holding breath or breathing too deeply *

Best of luck HAVOC. I'd suggest calling around to some of the clubs out there and asking if you can have a free class or two. Most reputable clubs will not only invite you with open arms but WILL NOT try and hassle you into signing up too quickly, keep in mind it is their business to get new students though.

Welcome to the dark side of 'realistic martial arts'.

TKD

"I'm who your mom warned you about!"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/13/2006 6:45pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

NoOB, Dr.X, TKD.
    Smart choice. Good luck on finding a new school. Once I saw you arrive on the thread I debated whether to jump in earlier but quite honestly I didn't feel like typing the same arguments yet another time. Kudos to noob, Dr. X, and TKD for having more patience than me.

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    8/13/2006 8:15pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Noblesse oblige.

--J.D.

P.S. Return to let us know how you make out.

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    8/13/2006 8:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Meu prazer.

TKD

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/16/2006 11:18pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey guys, I went by one club that has been mentioned. I have one question. If you do not compete does that mean that mean you can not be a good fighter? I have a comparison that I would like mention.

A person trains all of his life as a marksman and shoots thousands of rounds a day. He goes to competitions and places very well. Another person is for example a soldier/cop/swat, also shoots thousands of rounds a day but in no way could hold a candle to the first in competition. Who would win the gun fight?

This also gives credence to the Aliveness of training as the competition shooter is only shooting at targets that do not move and do not shoot (resist/fight) back. NOTE: the aliveness training video I found from this site is wicked and I fully believe in Alive training- something missing from FSD.

The other shooter is trained in real life situations where survival is the prize but he never competes, has no trophies, belts or badges.

I am not saying in anyway that competition fighters are limited in abiltity, I personally think that most are trained enough to constrain their skills to the rules of the competition.

May not be a question for this thread. Let me know.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/17/2006 6:46am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Havoc: Google up some more aliveness stuff from Thornton (and another thread might be just the please, perhaps in noobieville, so as to help the largest number of people). The idea is to get as close to reality as possible, ie: point fighting is 'competition', but it's not gonna do the job, either. 'Compete' isn't the magic word it might appear to be at first.