Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/06/2006 6:21pm

Style: kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

stupid 5th metatarsil

broke my fucking foot sparring last night. My first san shou match is in 1 month. I see the orthopedic docs this week. I had my cheek cut in my first round, I bled like a stuck pig.

I was hit by a haymaker right in the head, and while I was trying to back up/slip the punch I somehow landed on the side of my foot and broke the bone.

As soon as I can get to a windows box, I'll have some cool x-rays. the hospital gave me a CD as I was leaving. Very clean break at least.....

I'm a little dejected. I'll be regulated to a cornerman for this tournament.

Posted On:
    5/06/2006 6:33pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Look at it this way...you'll get to watch the local competitors very carefully and without any of that pesky adrenaline interfering with your evaluation of their strengths, weaknesses and tactics.

Take notes.
    He who attains his ideal by that very fact transcends it- Nietzsche

I like my Te like I like my tea- from Fujian province and without any bullshit in it. Oh, and green. And scented with jasmine blossoms...

Quote Originally Posted by A Better American Than You
    In every country and every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    5/06/2006 7:04pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aw ****!!! Sorry to hear that dude. I remember you told me you were pretty excited about the tourney. At least you'll get a chance to watch and take notes as BHB said... not that there is any consolation.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Crouching Philosopher, Hidden Philosopher

Posted On:
    5/06/2006 7:12pm

supporting member
     Style: n/a (ex-Karate)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by isol8d
    broke my fucking foot sparring last night. My first san shou match is in 1 month. I see the orthopedic docs this week. I had my cheek cut in my first round, I bled like a stuck pig.

I was hit by a haymaker right in the head, and while I was trying to back up/slip the punch I somehow landed on the side of my foot and broke the bone.

As soon as I can get to a windows box, I'll have some cool x-rays. the hospital gave me a CD as I was leaving. Very clean break at least.....

I'm a little dejected. I'll be regulated to a cornerman for this tournament.
    Here is my concolation: you broke your foot in 'live' competititon, while I broke mine in light contact sparring (shin blocked). Your injury is like a badge of pride.
    Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
    click here to order on Amazon

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    5/07/2006 10:23am

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Game Over.

Insert Coin.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/08/2006 2:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    :needpics:

The gift that keeps on giving

Posted On:
    5/08/2006 10:11pm

supporting member
     Style: On hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ouch! Sorry to hear about your injury and that it happend so close to your event.

Pretty cool pic, tho. :icon_cool

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    5/10/2006 9:08am

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hmm. i've injured my foot in almost the same spot, but mine is pretty clearly not broken.

thanks for posting the pic, it lets me illustrate to others where i hurt pretty well.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2006 9:14am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So it turns out that where I broke the bone makes this a "Jones Fracture" I'll be going back to the orthopedic doctor for a pre-surgery follow up this week. There will be a screw inserted in my bone to keep it from re-occuring.

Basically, they told me that it was bound to happen, as I had indications of stress on the bone already, more than likely from increasing my roadwork from 0 miles a week, to roughly 10 miles a week. At my weight, it spelled doom for my feet.

I can either spend 6 weeks in a cast, 6 weeks in a walking cast, or get the surgery and knock 2-4 weeks off the whole shebang.

None the less, I won't be doing kung fu this summer.

Oi, this sucks.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    5/10/2006 9:53am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You should put that in a frame bro :) :icon_thum
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast