225028 Bullies, 3822 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 31 to 40 of 157
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. DerAuslander is offline
    DerAuslander's Avatar

    Valiant Monk of Booze & War

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,451

    Posted On:
    5/06/2006 11:03am

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma
    Korean Kendo?

    Is it just me, or are all the Korean martial arts essentially JMAs with korean heritage/nationalism stuck on and 3000+ years of extra history?

    Ssireum, TKD, Yudo, Kumdo, all Japanese imports that got Koreafied.

    This message was brought to you by people ignorant about KMA history.
    Ssireum is not a Japanese import and I defy you to find proof otherwise.
  2. Phrost is offline
    Phrost's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 1998
    Location
    Cow Town
    Posts
    19,115

    Posted On:
    5/06/2006 11:06am

    Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TDKSpace.com.

    Haha. Pwned.

    (I own MartialSpace.com)
  3. DerAuslander is offline
    DerAuslander's Avatar

    Valiant Monk of Booze & War

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,451

    Posted On:
    5/06/2006 11:22am

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TKDer
    You may have a lot of experience in TKD or whatever but your post here shows absolutely no respect for another country and its culture. Kumdo borrowed Japanese Kendo training methods but Korean swordsmanship developed independently from ancient Korean sword arts and also techniques listed in the book Muye Dobo Tongji.
    Kumdo is Korean Kendo.

    Haedong Kumdo has no continuous lineage with any sword techniques used in the Shilla dynasty, making their claims a lie.

    As for the Mooyae Dobo Tongji, the Bongukgum form found within it IS A LEGITIMATE FORM OF HWARANG SWORDSMANSHIP.

    However, this form was not passed down from generation to generation until modern time.


    Rather, after the Japanese occupation was defeated, Korean martial artists rediscovered the Mooyae Dobo Tongji. Korean Kendoka, in an effort to Koreanize the Japanese art they learned, used the Kendo training they had to revive the form.

    Haedong Kumdo claims to be a thousand years old, based off the practices of the Samurang, Korean warriors who wne to Japan to found the samurai.

    This is a lie. Historical evidence proves such claims to be wrong.

    DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE IN WHAT I'M SAYING?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by TKDer
    You claim to practice Korean arts but you seem to have no respect for Korean culture at all. Bastardized, sprinkly of authenticity?
    No respect for Korean culture at all?

    Child, come back to me when you have done the work I have for the Korean people, North and South.

    Son, you don't know who I am.

    I have all the respect in the world for anyone, Korean or otherwise, who practices their martial arts with respect and authenticity. I have no respect for anyone who lies.

    Quote Originally Posted by TKDer
    You know nothing about the country. People like you give Korea a bad reputation, white boy.
    뭐? 방검 뭐라고 했어? 내가 구군지나 아라? 싸가지 없는 새끼야, 이리 와! 가서 엄마 젖이나 더 먹고 와!

    People who destroyed KMAs reputation through their lies, scandals, and acting like 짜식 give Korea a bad name.

    Don't hate me because I managed to learn from legitimate instructors. My master would be the first to tell you that what I'm saying is true...and he's Korean.
  4. DerAuslander is offline
    DerAuslander's Avatar

    Valiant Monk of Booze & War

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,451

    Posted On:
    5/06/2006 11:23am

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Quikfeet509
    Personally I love Koreans for this reason. Plus the great food, the soju, the willingness to drink until they vomit (girls too) then continue to drink. One of my collegues that was a nice proper Korean girl said that her people are called "The Irish of Asia".


    We used to drink alot AND finish top in all our classes. But alas, one day we got in an argument over something trival and we haven't spoken in two years. Ahh, the Korean temper...so refreshing to be around. Puts a smile on my face just thinking about it.
    Grovel and be patient. It'll get you back in her good graces.
  5. DerAuslander is offline
    DerAuslander's Avatar

    Valiant Monk of Booze & War

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,451

    Posted On:
    5/06/2006 11:23am

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    TDKSpace.com.

    Haha. Pwned.

    (I own MartialSpace.com)

    Do you?

    Awesome...
  6. TKDer is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    202

    Posted On:
    5/06/2006 11:37am


     Style: Kukki-Taekwondo, Yudo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108
    Kumdo is Korean Kendo.

    Haedong Kumdo has no continuous lineage with any sword techniques used in the Shilla dynasty, making their claims a lie.

    As for the Mooyae Dobo Tongji, the Bongukgum form found within it IS A LEGITIMATE FORM OF HWARANG SWORDSMANSHIP.

    However, this form was not passed down from generation to generation until modern time.


    Rather, after the Japanese occupation was defeated, Korean martial artists rediscovered the Mooyae Dobo Tongji. Korean Kendoka, in an effort to Koreanize the Japanese art they learned, used the Kendo training they had to revive the form.

    Haedong Kumdo claims to be a thousand years old, based off the practices of the Samurang, Korean warriors who wne to Japan to found the samurai.

    This is a lie. Historical evidence proves such claims to be wrong.

    DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE IN WHAT I'M SAYING?!?



    No respect for Korean culture at all?

    Child, come back to me when you have done the work I have for the Korean people, North and South.

    Son, you don't know who I am.

    I have all the respect in the world for anyone, Korean or otherwise, who practices their martial arts with respect and authenticity. I have no respect for anyone who lies.



    ?? ?? ??? ??? ?? ???? ??? ??? ?? ???, ?? ?! ?? ?? ??? ? ?? ?!

    People who destroyed KMAs reputation through their lies, scandals, and acting like ?? give Korea a bad name.

    Don't hate me because I managed to learn from legitimate instructors. My master would be the first to tell you that what I'm saying is true...and he's Korean.
    I have little respect for people who lie also. In that respect, I differ little from you. But also have a big problem when people exaggerate. A lot of modern day Korean arts have Japanese influence. Unfortunately, it's only natural because they at one point took over our nation. But influence doesn't mean that Kumdo IS Kendo or that TKD IS Karate.

    Modern day Kumdo has adopted many Kendo training methods but still largely retains a lot of its original Korean-ness. You're right. Because of the imperialistic bastards from Japan, some of that original Korean-ness was lost throughout the generations.

    Kumdo students also have to learn Bongukgumbup forms and Joseonsebop forms as well.

    ****.. this is like the whole TKD controversy. A lot of fucktards have this impression that the Koreans are just a bunch of unoriginal people who copied Japanese arts, bastardized them, and lie about it. I have a huge problem with that. Korean arts do not = Japanese arts.
  7. Neildo is offline
    Neildo's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    6,045

    Posted On:
    5/06/2006 11:48am

    Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!


    "I Love Taekwondo ! , Female TKDerz , ATA TAEKWONDO , WTF TKD , TKD artist Artist , DC, MD, VA pride "

    :seppuku:
    Last edited by Neildo; 5/06/2006 11:55am at .
    :new_all_c
  8. Plasma is offline
    Plasma's Avatar

    Bullshido Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,074

    Posted On:
    5/06/2006 11:56am

    supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kumdo sucks hard.

    The 2nd fight was me vs a Kumdo Instructor.

    http://www.core.binghamton.edu/~xplasma/ninjas.wmv
  9. DerAuslander is offline
    DerAuslander's Avatar

    Valiant Monk of Booze & War

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,451

    Posted On:
    5/06/2006 11:57am

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TKDer
    I have little respect for people who lie also. In that respect, I differ little from you. But also have a big problem when people exaggerate. A lot of modern day Korean arts have Japanese influence. Unfortunately, it's only natural because they at one point took over our nation. But influence doesn't mean that Kumdo IS Kendo or that TKD IS Karate.
    Janggoon, if we were to look at TKD or Kumdo...we would see that 90% of their characteristics are the same as their Japanese progenitors.

    Taekwondo is Karate with a Korean flavor.

    Kumdo is Kendo with a Korean flavor.

    Not vice versa.

    Quote Originally Posted by TKDer
    Modern day Kumdo has adopted many Kendo training methods but still largely retains a lot of its original Korean-ness. You're right. Because of the imperialistic bastards from Japan, some of that original Korean-ness was lost throughout the generations.
    What original Koreanness?

    Please tell me what it is.

    Quote Originally Posted by TKDer
    Kumdo students also have to learn Bongukgumbup forms and Joseonsebop forms as well.
    Which is fine. I'm all for rediscovering a lost heritage and reconstructing it.

    However, to reconstruct the Bonkukgum and then say that your styles is decended from the lineage of the Hwarang is a lie.

    The Bonkukgum fell out of practice centuries ago.

    Quote Originally Posted by TKDer
    ****.. this is like the whole TKD controversy. A lot of fucktards have this impression that the Koreans are just a bunch of unoriginal people who copied Japanese arts, bastardized them, and lie about it. I have a huge problem with that. Korean arts do not = Japanese arts.
    You're right. The Korean arts do not equal the Japanese arts.

    This would disregard the original Korean arts of Taegyun and Ssireum.

    It would also disregard the Korean CMA influenced arts, which generally have a much deeper history in Korea than the JMA influenced ones.

    However, you cannot deny that an almost conspiratorial level of lying took place in the development of KMA.

    This is largely not the Korean people's fault, but rather is the result of a military regime which took control of South Korea before you were born. They mandated the erasure of any Japanese influence on the KMA, specifically with Taekwondo.

    Unable to compete with TKDs 2000 year mythology, Kumdo, Hapkido, Kuksool all fell in line with the myth. Don't even get me started on Hwa Rang Do.

    The problem with this is two fold. One, it resulted in the 2000 creation myth, a blatant lie.

    Secondly, it robbed the original Korean fathers of Taekwondo of the recognition they so deserve, and resulted in the loss of much of the original material of Taekwondo.

    True Korean pride would be insulted by this denegration of great men who suffered at the hands of the Japanese.

    True Korean pride would be angry at the actions of Koreans who brought disgraced on their arts.

    False Korean pride is insulted when someone points out the lie.

    False Korean pride shuts down in the face of frustration, and refuses to grow and evolve.

    That is hardly the indomitable spirit of the fathers who suffered under the hands of the Japanese.

    You're a good kid, Janggoon, and you have a lot of pride for the arts you practice.

    I hope you grow in ability and understanding.
  10. DerAuslander is offline
    DerAuslander's Avatar

    Valiant Monk of Booze & War

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,451

    Posted On:
    5/06/2006 11:58am

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neildo


    "I Love Taekwondo ! , Female TKDerz , ATA TAEKWONDO , WTF TKD , TKD artist Artist , DC, MD, VA pride "

    :seppuku:
    NOVA/MD Hedz in the house, bitches.

    Don't hate when you can't rate.
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.