Administrator

Posted On:
    7/13/2006 12:05pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKEM2381
    “Recently, one of our top students attended a throw-down and virtually had his way with everyone he sparred with.”
    What type of Throwdown? Was it one held by a bullshidoka or a home town thing?.

Infidel

Posted On:
    7/13/2006 12:33pm

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's not hard to imagine someone new would come on here and try to fit in by jumping on the "your bullshido! **** you hahaha weak!" bandwagon.

having qualified fighters, martial artists etc.. or people on here with time in pointing out bullshido in an art or style or dojo is one thing. While this isn't directed to this thread, generally I find myself ignoring someone with 3 posts and 7 months in martial arts talking **** about anything, especially if it comes across like they are just trying to fit in with the herd.

b came out looking to spar some one and A stood up and said he would spar b. b said they could spar but it would have to be no contact so they basically danced around one another not making any contact.
    This sounds just dumb. I honestly cannot imagine what this would accomplish. I want to challange you to a sparring match but we can't actually hit each other? Reminds me of a guy going into the dojo challanging the instructor getting his ass kicked then threatening to get a bunch of his buddies and come back then threatening to sue everyone at the school. Real cool.

Way too much ego with this stuff.

PS Ipperwash sucks and if your giving someone directions draw them a map.

Posted On:
    7/13/2006 3:38pm

Style: Mostly drinking. E-chaun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what actually happened was b came out looking to spar some one and A stood up and said he would spar b. b said they could spar but it would have to be no contact so they basically danced around one another not making any contact.
    So basically this was a dance class.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/13/2006 8:09pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HearWa
    OZZ, how close is CAACMA to Vaughan Ontario? I'm planning on visiting a few CMA schools in Ontario to see what they're like. I haven't completely lost my hope in CMA and I'm hoping to find something decent when I move.

I read your website and I'm glad you guys understand that CMA != form memorization, and that CMA styles CAN and DO conflict so it's best to work on one or two. Unfortunately my old school doesn't seem to understand this.
    Vaughn is not far from London. If you are interested, give the club a call or email us. All info is on our webpage.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/13/2006 9:05pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I want to clarify a couple of points made by OZZ in his post. OZZ claims b came out to our class and challenge our guys to spar and in his own words “one member took him up on it and he handled him quite easily” This is a total fabrication in reality what actually happened was b came out looking to spar some one and A stood up and said he would spar b. b said they could spar but it would have to be no contact so they basically danced around one another not making any contact. Mind you this was B choice, A would have gladly sparred him full contact. This blatant fabrication by Ozz makes you wonder how many of his other statement have been half truth, for example “Recently, one of our top students attended a throw-down and virtually had his way with everyone he sparred with.”

The person with whom b sparred was one of our black belts who also does MMA with Gus's top student Ryan Bowen and is not some MMA guy that came in to teach as small claimed. Small account of the event is mostly correct and he seem like a very nice guy only coming out looking to clarify something I had supposedly said and didn’t seem like he was looking for a fight.

I’d like to say I have no animosity towards your school or your grandmaster sifu whatever you want to call him “lee” seem like a fairly level headed nice guy from what I've see of the post he has made at this forum. I just don’t appreciate people talking smack about our school or any of our students. Gus has trained a number of full contact fighters over the years for example John Fraser and Ryan Bowen. Ryan Bowen is one of the most skilled and well rounded fighters I have ever meet and B can vouch for his abilities.

Oh and OZZ I’d like to know who made this statement “ we proceeded to tell him that Gus was full of BS and that his club was a joke” was it you only, your seniors, your teacher? What do you have to base this assumption on I’m assuming not having seen what we do.
    I have alot of work to do tonight to prepare for my class tommorrow..I am tired of this BS. If you guys wanted to defend yourselves, you should have done so sooner. I feel that replying to you and your club members is a waste of my time.
    However, here is my final word on the matter. Anything beyond this can be arranged face to face. I have better things to do and am not on Bullshido much these days as I just bought a house and am quite busy.
    The incident with B has been dealt with in another thread...hopefully, he will come on here himself and post his views on the matter. The info I provided on that incident was as told to me by B and Small. Small later clarified a few things I was a bit off on...I was NOT present and never claimed to be. In fact, I was being punished by my sifu for missing a class - that is why I was not allowed to go ..that and the fact that sending too many people just seemed unnecessary.
    I know Gus because he is a Canada Post Employee ( the same place my better half works) and he used to come and deliver packages to the UWO mailroom, where I worked for a few summers.
    Gus often would talk about how he was training this or that police force, how he was travelling here or there to deliver a seminar on pressure point techniques etc.
    This was before I knew a lot about how fallible the Pressure point **** can be, but I told him who I trained with and how long. Gus expressed his respect for Lee Pai, our founder and never said anything untoward about Mike or his training. We often talke about MA and I played Bushball ( outdoor paintbal) with some other co workers and members of Gus' club a few times. I DID attend one of his knife fighting seminars many years ago where he taught us the Navy Seals Pattern - which we all know can be found on the internet quite easily. I have always had an interest in knife fighting and that is why I went.
    Anyways, that is how I know Gus.
    I became convinced that Gus was BS as soon as he showed me the certificates he had online which qualifies him as a BB in just about every art under the sun. There is no way a man could master and become a third or fourth degree BB in five oir six different styles if the schools or art itself was of any substance. I did mention this to Gus on a couple of occassions, and he just laughed it off.
    It is important to note that a big part of being a Martial artist is fitness. Gus is far from being a fit individual, how could anyone who eats Taco Bell five times a week hope to be fit? He is not conditioned either..this is another reason I began to suspect that he was not for real.
    I always maintained a civil tone with Gus because I had to work with him and he works with my wife. But towards the end of the last summer I worked at Western Mail, we got a bit snippy withy one another when I called him on his credentials which I MAINTAIN are BS. He replied to me at least once, that it wasn't worth getting upset over because it was "just business". Not surprisingly, he stated this when no other co workers were in the room with us..but anyways.
    That is how I know Gus.
    As far as Ryan Bowen goes I think he is a decent fighter and hold him no ill will. I do not know John Fraser. However, Bowen is a good fighter IN SPITE of having trained with Gus, not because of him. He has been training MA for a long time and in other styles..the Black Arts techniques did not give him the ability to compete in the Worlds in France. Bowen is not a student of GUs' anymore, either as I am sure you know. He has his own club.
    Brett Butchart..another guy who trained with Gus is also a solid fighter - but he was a solid fighter YEARS before he ever knew Gus. I know because I boxed with him.
    I could go on and on here, but the gis t of the matter is this. B came to our school complaining of being scammed by the Black Arts Society, the incident with the sparring ocurred and now you guys are trying to save face by posting a month later.
    Don't bother trying to dig up dirt and question my credibility here on Bullshido. I am a respected member of this forum and come from a reputable school with solid credentials and a solid history of producing good fighters. My statement about the Toronto TD where Small "Virtually had his way with everyone he sparred with" is from about two years ago. And the truth is that the guys at that TD could not deal with Small - who is our top student. That is not a fabrication or half truth of any kind. The guys who were at that TD can attest to his abilities. This is not to say that Small, or myself, could walk into ANY TD and dominate...I would not be so foolhardy as to make that claim.
    The funny hing about all this is that GUS AS A PERSON , is not really a bad guy. He is funny, and one of the few people that my wife works with that always has a smile for her and is not negative like most posties.
    As a martial artist, however, he is a paper instructor with minimal fighting ability. Guys like him with their purchased credentials are an insult to people like Lee Pai and my sifu Mike Doucet who have dedicated so much to their art and worked so very hard over the course of their lives.
    MA is hard work. Gus is guilty of taking the easy way out, and now has a reputation based up on paper credentials and being able to perform a few joint locks. It is insulting to people who train hard and stay fit and can be categorized as MA practicioner's to be lumped in with people like Gus.
    So MIKE...I hope this answers all your questions. As Bassman stated the club is traing up at Ipperwash this weekend and you know where we are. I personally, will not be in Ipperwash this Saturday but if you decide to show and want to meet and discuss this..I am only a phone call and an hour's drive away.
    Now, is it OK if I take a fucking shower after training tonight and get some of the more important things done in my life? Thaqnk You
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2006 9:19pm

Style: Short Fist & Pak Mei

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We are in London Ontario. Its probably about 3-4 hours from Vaughan depending on traffic. There are a few students in Toronto. You can check our profile for the website. The address is on the bottom of the main page including some maps.

Quote Originally Posted by HearWa
    OZZ, how close is CAACMA to Vaughan Ontario? I'm planning on visiting a few CMA schools in Ontario to see what they're like. I haven't completely lost my hope in CMA and I'm hoping to find something decent when I move.

I read your website and I'm glad you guys understand that CMA != form memorization, and that CMA styles CAN and DO conflict so it's best to work on one or two. Unfortunately my old school doesn't seem to understand this.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2006 10:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry Ozz,

Your post is huge and I just don't have time to read it all -- so excuse me if I reiterate anything.

I'm the senior student that went to some throwdowns and "had my way with whoever." This is Oz's impression based on what they posted afterward and video that he might have watched of the events. I wasn't very happy with him posting that as it looks like it comes from me. I love to play, but I hate the chest beating and bragadacio -- that just isn't me. I don't talk like that. I certainly hope that attending bullshido throwdowns is not the pinnacle of my accomplishments. I met fellow martial artists that I like and have respect for and I'm not the least bit interested in belittling them to impress whoever is impressed by such things.

I just looked at your post Oz, and I just don't know how many f'ing ways I can tell you that you don't speak for me?

Mikem, I wasn't looking for a fight, but I was expecting to play and I was ready for anything. One minute you guys were saying that you couldn't spar for insurance reasons then the next moment you were saying you were going to call your national jujitsu friend and he would spar. Isn't that a contradiction? Our club has a very different culture from yours, it was a real eye opener for me. I am nice Mikem, I'm told that I'm too nice, but if you guys had done something stupid you would have seen a really different side of me. I wasn't there to rip off my shirt and break heads, but I didn't know what to expect.

Here is a link to the beach that they will be at this weekend
    http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&hl=en...27589,0.045662
    They will be training along E Parkway Drive. Maybe one minute in from Ipperwash road. you'll see several cars and guys with black t-shirts.

They will be eating breakfast at around 8:30 am at a restaurant on the corner of W. Ipperwash Rd and Indian Ln. It's called KettlePoint something.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2006 10:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello Bluto and Guiltyspark.

I'll just remind you that B was a beginner with 6 months training. I don't know exactly what happened -- it was a mistake for him to go without a witness and that is part of the reason that I went the second time. It doesn't really matter if they did the fox trot or the tango, B says one thing Mikem says something else... whatever.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/13/2006 10:52pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    True enough, I do not speak for small. The statement about the Toronto TD is based on what I saw on video and in no way reflects small's comments or indicates that he came back to the club bragging or chest thumping. He simply is not like that.:thumbsup:

Infidel

Posted On:
    7/13/2006 11:12pm

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Small.
    I'm still a little confused over who's who in the zoo and I'm a nobody so don't pay me any heed. A co-worker of mine from London mentioned in passing that he was involved in the black arts socieity so my curiosity has the better of me.
    I'll see if I can win him over to the true dark side :)

I'll just remind you that B was a beginner with 6 months training. I don't know exactly what happened -- it was a mistake for him to go without a witnessp
    Down right out to lunch if you ask me. Someone should slap his pee pee. I'd really wonder what was going on in his head and question if some (if not more) of the fault rests on his instructors or the atmosphere of his dojo.

I don't see the point about Dojos or schools challanging each other. Well thats not true. I can understand a school wanting to defend their name because of how important that is but I would guess in many of these cases you'd get what we've head in this post. Wait here while we call our top student 3 time regional champion etc.. Basically he said she said.

I'm of the mind that a lot of whether or not someone wins comes down to the individual. While you can pit two top students against each other to see who wins I would think that the true measure of a school or style is how effective it is at teaching the lower common denominator, for lack of a better word. Take the average student and see how effective his lerning is.
    A school might turn out one bad ass fighter but the rest of the students run into each other like a kids soccer game. Another school might not have any all stars but their students can handle themselves. I don't know, this is out of my lane, just trying to understand all of this.
    Last edited by vigilus; 7/13/2006 11:15pm at .
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast