Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/05/2006 8:27pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA, functional JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A day without Gong Sau! is like a day without Sunshine.
    "You know what I like about you, William? You like guns AND meditation."

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    5/06/2006 12:19am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is cool. I read these guys website a few years ago. It's interesting how he has 5 5th+ dan gradings. That's not unbelievable at all.

Video tape this!!!!!!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/06/2006 11:07am

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We really don't want to have our club associated with these dummies in any way, shape or form - even if it is through exposing their lies and such.
    We do not, as a general rule, like to have tapes of our fighters 'out there' for our own reasons. We do not allow the public to tape our demos either.
    If people want to see what we do, they can come to the club or to a TD.
    Since none of them would fight, including the GREAT GRANDMASTER, there was nothing worth taping anyways, really.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/06/2006 11:09am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    So...ozz...are you saying they're "sick men?"
    LOL that is my favorite Bruce lee flick, by the way. I like the fight at the end between him and the Russian guy.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Posted On:
    5/06/2006 12:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    So...ozz...are you saying they're "sick men?"
    "Sick Men" of North America???

Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    5/07/2006 7:02am

Style: judo, parenting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    GOGG (Good Old Grandmaster GUS) will be teaching at the Mixed Martial arts Expo in Toronto May 13-14 if anyone in the area would like the opportunity to be on the mat with him, and maybe pressure test his techniques.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/08/2006 8:25am

Style: Short Fist & Pak Mei

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi,

I personally prefer to keep the dirt to myself, but if its going to be out there, I'd rather it be accurate.

1 The week before, B did not spar a member of their club - rather a MMA guy who was there to train some guys.

2 The day I went, the guy that he went there to spar was actually there, but didn't know anything about it and was not interested. Apparently Gogg's brother volunteered him without checking with him first.

3 I don't know if we have an open door policy about challenges -- there is still a right way and wrong way to do things. A guy that walks in off the street and says "I'm here to challenge" isn't neccessarily going to get a smile and a handshake.

Of course when we heard that they had questions about the depth of knowledge of the seniors at our club, there was no shortage of volunteers -- but we had not been challenged -- only questioned -- but I was told that they called B and said they were bringing a couple of guys over to our club so it was ambiguous.

I turned down the company because I thought it gave the wrong impression. I was going in large part because the whole phone challenge business sounded fishy and besides -- any "challenge" needs a witness. I was also there to personally answer any questions as to the depth of knowledge of the senior students at our club.

Unfortunately my being there overshadowed B. They told me that they were drunk during the conversation, but that they wouldn't have said such a thing about our senior students and that they "definitely don't have a problem with us." I was satisfied with that, but when they were going up the stairs, I thought I overheard Gogg's brother say something about another student coming in later who would be happy to spar either of us. I thought that might be fun, but when we returned, we were informed that I misheard that too.

Anyway, I wasn't there to tear my shirt off and break heads. Nothing interesting happened.

CdRonin. Having met Gus -- I don't think he will ever volunteer to let anyone pressure test his game. You'll see what I mean.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/08/2006 1:18pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the clarification. Nuff said.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2006 9:59am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Should I Quit boxing ?

:qmickey: Thought you guys might get a (((KICK_out))) of this.
    http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...7&page=1&pp=10

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2006 2:59pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by THRUSTER
    :qmickey: Thought you guys might get a (((KICK_out))) of this.
    http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...7&page=1&pp=10
    Ha! Now that is funny.
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast