Posted On:
    5/05/2006 12:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by frakture
    The Art of War with ones mind.

Fighting is just a part of martial arts.

Thats where things are going wrong on here.

Bullshit.

If you want to learn, then learn. However, with your last post, you have shown that you merely want to have this thread moved to trollshido.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    5/05/2006 12:19pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan
    Quote Originally Posted by elnyka
    FYI, martial arts are about fighting, always have been, always will be. Search for the meaning of the word martial (pertaining to fighting and war), and the several meanings of arts (that which encompasses techniques, crafts and traditions.)
    Then the person whose full time job is to restock the candy machines on an aircraft carrier is practicing a martial art according you your definition. The reason being is because the techniques which encompass the ability to apply his craft are far closer to "of or pertaining to war" than anything you do.

:smile:
    Meh, that would be logistics. LOL. Besides, restocking a candy machine can barely be counted as something "pertaining to war". Driving a truck in a supply convoy, being a paramedic or a PM, heck, even being a chaplain in a batallion would be more pertaining to war. Plus the word martial is "pertaining to fighting and war", not just "war" :tongue3:
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/05/2006 12:20pm

Style: none currently, ex-TSK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Troll elsewhere, mongrel tard. :f-off:

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/05/2006 12:25pm

supporting member
     Style: white boy jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

don't post on the internet when you're high

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/05/2006 12:28pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Martial arts is about FIGHTING. You don't watch a kung fu flick to see them meditate, you watch to see people get their ass kicked. The main thing about the Karate Kid is that he had learn how to FIGHT from Mr. Miyagi and apply those skills to his fight with the cobra kai kid.
    Meditation, qi gong and other "health" **** is cool and can be very helpful to some, but its not why you should practice MA. Learning how to whoop someone's ass is why. If not, then just meditate or take boxercise or cardioKick or some **** like that.

Posted On:
    5/05/2006 12:30pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Wrongo!!!!! First counter-example:

1. FMA's - As far as I know, filipino martial arts have been about fighting always. No nice spiritual enlightenment **** or "become a better person by physical training". Not that I'm dissing Kano et al, but from their ideals to this craziness that martial arts is more than fighting, that's a stretch. FMA's are an excellent counter example.

2. Turkish Wrestling : that's a martial art used by the Ottomans as part of their soldier's training.

3. Koryu MAs : these are also martial arts, and they were definitely for fighting and fighting only.

See, three counterexamples to your proposition. Wrong, wrong, wrong. :tard: :biblethum
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    5/05/2006 12:31pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by elnyka
    Meh, that would be logistics. LOL. Besides, restocking a candy machine can barely be counted as something "pertaining to war". Driving a truck in a supply convoy, being a paramedic or a PM, heck, even being a chaplain in a batallion would be more pertaining to war. Plus the word martial is "pertaining to fighting and war", not just "war" :tongue3:

That's fine. However, if you look it up, "fighting" isn't in the definition for "martial". That was added by you. (At least in the two dictionaries I just pulled out: OED & Random House).

EDIT: clarification of "martial" definition vs. "martial art". Thanks KempoFist.
    Last edited by Tom Kagan; 5/05/2006 12:39pm at .
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    5/05/2006 12:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's fine. However, if you look it up, "fighting" isn't in the definition. That was added by you. (At least in the two dictionaries I just pulled out: OED & Random House).

http://dictionary.reference.com/sear...=martial%20art
    2 entries found for martial art.
    martial art
    n.
    Any of several Asian arts of combat or self-defense, such as aikido, karate, judo, or tae kwon do, usually practiced as sport. Often used in the plural.

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    5/05/2006 12:36pm

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

'
    Do you mean like mind bullets?

Posted On:
    5/05/2006 12:38pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

You took a crap on my chi!!!

That's fine. However, if you look it up, "fighting" isn't in the definition. That was added by you. (At least in the two dictionaries I just pulled out: OED & Random House).

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast