Style
    Brazilian Jiu-jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Another Introduction Thread

Hola.

I know I've been registered on here for a while, but I never really bothered with introducing myself too much. Never had a lot of time for the whole online community thing. Anyway, figured I'd read a 49 page thread and after all that, I should at least say hi.

I've been doing MA for coming up on three years now, with the first two spent doing pretty much everything I came across, usually of a TMA bent. I dabbled in Judo, Kung Fu, Wing Chun (yes, I should probably edit that, but hey), Muay Thai, and did a fair amount of other things just to see what they had to offer. Kinda gave up on the whole scene when I did some park sparring with some more senior guys and ended up whipping them with only the smallest amount of live sparring experience because no matter how good they were at Wing Chun, they couldn't make it work in live sparring.

So I found me another gym and set to work on BJJ, Judo, Thai and Boxing for a few months, before realizing I was spreading myself too thing. And so now I'm up at Roger Gracie Academy, London, and I just got my blue belt a couple of days back. Training full time, with a mind to teaching in the end.

And that's me. Keep up the work, and anyone has any questions, just shout. Otherwise, hi everyone. Nice to meet ya. ^_^

Take care,

Stalks

Style
    Not much at the moment
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    :wave:

So..er...shall I post the video of you getting sat on by a large gentleman at SENI this year then :new_vampv ...If only I had the footage of you winning.....

...of course, you could be a different Stalkachu to the one I know who trains at the same place, and has the same experience, but I doubt that.....

Style
    Brazilian Jiu-jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pshaw. He's an MMA fighter who outweighed me by 40 kilos and has nearly double the experience I do. I think I can say with certainty that it wasn't such a blow to my ego. That said, fine. Post it up. Might as well give everyone here a chance to rip the piss out of me before we get going. And hey, I'd like to see it too. For some slightly masochistic reason.

(And I don't even get a congrats for the blue belt? Tsk. Meanie. ^_^)

Take care,

Stalks

Style
    Not much at the moment
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Heh, I'm just bitter because you can actually fight these days...I mean, it was much more fun when you couldn't beat beat me up. :boxing:

Um, let me see if i can get it into a format that will actaully play on the internetweb...it's on some bonkers format at the mo.

I never knew you sparred the Wing Chun guys. How did that go? What did they try? And when did that happen?

Anyway, you coming to the next throwdown? I'm driving :car6:

Style
    BJJ, wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalkachu
    And so now I'm up at Roger Gracie Academy, London, and I just got my blue belt a couple of days back. Training full time, with a mind to teaching in the end.
    Welcome and congratulations on your blue.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Style
    Brazilian Jiu-jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoMongoose
    Heh, I'm just bitter because you can actually fight these days...I mean, it was much more fun when you couldn't beat beat me up.

Um, let me see if i can get it into a format that will actaully play on the internetweb...it's on some bonkers format at the mo.

I never knew you sparred the Wing Chun guys. How did that go? What did they try? And when did that happen?

Anyway, you coming to the next throwdown? I'm driving
    Pshaw. Doing BJJ and fighting are two very different things. And the Wing Chun guys thing was a little strange. Basically, if you're a natural fighter, Wing Chun helps you in terms of co-ordination and technique and somesuch. If you're not, then it doesn't help you at all. In short, this natural martial arts beast who had never sparred held his own with me despite that handicap. Whereas a guy who'd just been training regularly for a couple of years had no idea how to apply anything. Lousy stance, never been hit before, etc. etc.

Admittedly, it was kickboxing rules thus limiting deadly eye and throat strikes, but frankly I doubt he could do them anyway. Was fun though, but highlighted various flaws in the system. Sang from TKD would have whipped them within an inch of their life. Put it that way. @_@

And Throwdown? Why not, although my standup is a little out of practise we'll see how it goes. ^_-

Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    Welcome and congratulations on your blue.
    Thanks a lot. And I was as surprised as anyone when I got it. Still, beginning of another (much) longer road, I guess. @_@

Take care,

Stalks