Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/05/2006 11:24am

Style: JKD, MuayThai, BJJ, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Akurra
    (Time for a serious response)

Yes, it is your "fault" your arm was there, you have control over your arm. But there was nothing wrong with what you did. From another angle; no, its not your fault she got offended by something she obviously shouldn't have taken offense to. That sort of thing happens when you grapple, and she should know that. I've grappled with women before and sometimes an arm or hand does get stuck in that region. Hell, I've had my arm pinned across their chest by THEM, so they could armbar me from guard. If a woman really feels she is being molested, she should go to the instructor, not throw a fit and walk away. But if she's afraid of being touched then she has no business in a MA gym.
    Your right. Ill try harder not to molest woman :P Seriously though has anyone else been in this position. How did they react? I personally beleive that everyone should be equal when it comes to MA (if they need assitance thats cool aswell though) Wrestlers grab each others crtoch so why should it be any diffrent for cross gender MA

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    5/05/2006 11:24am

Join us... or die
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL PirateJon is spot on, because you didn't try and rectify things immediately after, you're fucked. Scratch that; proper fucked.
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    5/05/2006 11:26am

supporting member
     Style: na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I googled doce pares and I have a question, Why are you doing an armbar if you are a stickfighter??????? maybe that is why you fucked up the armbar????

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    5/05/2006 11:27am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, accidents happen in training, and I think I've probably ended up in far worse positions than that...

However, all it took was a quick apology. Normally, the girls just brushed the whole thing off and went back to rolling.

So I really gotta wonder...what the **** where you doing?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/05/2006 11:27am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MONGO
    I got couple of questions, how does an armbar turn into a hug?

What the **** is in your style field?

Why didn't you say sorry when the incident happened, pervert?

And Last and most certainly the most important question, what the **** is this in DHS for??????
    She struggled and it wasnt a proper escape

Doce Pares my primary martial art but Im training in MMA aswell

She ran outta class

It got moved.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/05/2006 11:28am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MONGO
    I googled doce pares and I have a question, Why are you doing an armbar if you are a stickfighter??????? maybe that is why you fucked up the armbar????
    like I said. Doce Pares is my primary. Besides we do locks and grappling aswell...

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    5/05/2006 11:29am

Join us... or die
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wait a tick, you're from Glasgow. Did you try and headbutt her?
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/05/2006 11:29am

Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, you fucked up. Didn't anyone ever tell you that there were special rules regarding man on woman grappling? There is a whole list of places you aren't allowed to touch, a set of moves you're not allowed to use. Generally, it's only safe if you lay there and let her do all of the work. [/sarcasm]

Should you have to apologize? No, but it'd be the nice thing to do. If she isn't prepared to grapple, she should get off of the mat.

But now that I think about it... how new is new? First night new? One month new? A week? Unless it was her first time, she really should have had an idea of what could happen. That's not to say that you have a license to grope, you filthy pervert, but that generally she should give the benefit of the doubt if it happens accidentally.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/05/2006 11:32am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CNagy
    Yeah, you fucked up. Didn't anyone ever tell you that there were special rules regarding man on woman grappling? There is a whole list of places you aren't allowed to touch, a set of moves you're not allowed to use. Generally, it's only safe if you lay there and let her do all of the work. [/sarcasm]

Should you have to apologize? No, but it'd be the nice thing to do. If she isn't prepared to grapple, she should get off of the mat.

But now that I think about it... how new is new? First night new? One month new? A week? Unless it was her first time, she really should have had an idea of what could happen. That's not to say that you have a license to grope, you filthy pervert, but that generally she should give the benefit of the doubt if it happens accidentally.
    Fourth week grapplign and third boxing. Besides I wasnt trying to grope her >.<

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/05/2006 11:44am

supporting member
     Style: white boy jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    she needs to chill and realize it was an accident. they happen in grappling arts. geez. you were fine.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast