Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/05/2006 12:20am

Style: WC,Boxin,Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

BJJ is the real deal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dVqM...arch=grappling

this is a nfl player thats big as **** againsts a way smaller BJJ fighter....no strikes just wretlin with submission

i have my own expiernce with BJJ effectivness........i used to wrestle 4 three years so i already kno how to grapple some but lately i have been studying BJJ films for hours at a time at nite before i go to bed......since i dont have the time or money to go learn in from someone well anyways me and my pops always wrestle and **** but it has been awhile since we last did and we just did today.......he usually beats me just cuz he is bigger then me......but not today lloll......i basically dominated him in all aspects....i def surprised myself becuz i learned **** threw just watchin films and studyin them.......and i have heard that thas how even tanner from the ufc first got started with learnin ground fighting he used to watch films and learned that way too.......my father was surprised as well lloll......so i def plan on taking it foreal once i get some time too.....there is supossely a guy trained by royce gracie that has a place somewhere around here really close but yea just thought i'd post that since it made my day lloll

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/05/2006 12:24am

Style: RecoveringChun'r(BJJ+MMA)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Use... PARAGRAPHS! (Sentences wouldn't hurt either!)

But yes, tanner started out by fucking around with friends based on instructional tapes, and I think that's awesome - BJJ is definately effective, I just started into it myself and i'm loving it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/05/2006 1:14am

Style: boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hope you didn't hurt your pop to much. I wrestle with my 8 year old a fair bit. I know a day will come when he will domonate me against my will. His most affective move is a savage ear pull, hurts like hell.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/05/2006 1:27am

Style: WC,Boxin,Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    haha i wont hurt him.......but yea thas cool man thats how me and my dad have always been just wretlin all the time sometimes spar and hit eachother up alil.....we never go full contact when we spar we just play around or w/e but yea if i have gotten better at my ground game from just studyin films i cant wait to be trained foreal....the **** is def fun and works

but like i said before i'm not completely clueless on the ground anyways because i have wrestled for 3 years

software engineer

Posted On:
    5/05/2006 1:41am

supporting member
     Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you should seriously work on your writing skills. Whereever you have ...., you can just use a period (.) and a space. Then you can capitalize the starting word of the next sentence. This would speed up people's reading your post by 2x.
    52 blocks documentary: arrived

"Joe Lauzon looks like a quiet, Internet guy..." -- Dana White

Knee + Head = Black Eye * 2

Posted On:
    5/05/2006 1:52am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So in summary: you've never done BJJ, but you used it to beat your father.

BJJ wins again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris
    Imagine if track was run like the martial arts community. While the winning teams would just sprint down the field, smoking the competition, you'd have a bunch of losers running around explaining how they can skip down the track just as fast. Never mind that it doesn't fucking work. Oh no, they're too fast for track. They run on the STREET.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/05/2006 4:01am

Style: bjj, boxing, ex-iwama ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Villain
    No you dont.
    Nice to see you can help out a guy who wishes to learn sub grappling from watching and playing with jiu jitsu on top of his wrestling base….

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/05/2006 4:09am

Style: boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think watching early UFC videos opened a lot of peoples eyes about what works in a fight . A friend and I (both clueless in grappleing at the time ) tried arm bars on each other, only to be crushing our nuts with the arm that we tried to lock.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    5/05/2006 7:26am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [QUOTE=kxfour]Use... PARAGRAPHS! (Sentences wouldn't hurt either!)

Real words would be a big plus, too.

Posted On:
    5/05/2006 8:12am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This has to be a trick . . .
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal