Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/14/2003 9:09am

Style: lame

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I knew this post would end up being flame bait but what the heck. It's a good thing we don't all think a like. I would hate to walk around with the mind of some people on this forum. Live and learn. As someone from this forum once said........ I was a toughguy once but then I grew up!

Posted On:
    5/14/2003 9:11am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i don't want someone who i have to fight to say "He has great moral character"...i want him to say "Whr me teet?"
    Haha exactly my thoughts on the subject. I'll demonstrate my morality in how I live my life, not how I beat the ass of someone who's threatening it.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/14/2003 9:18am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    honestly, i have learned some things since beginning MA's. (1) it hurts to get hit, so try not to. This isn't a morality lesson, it's pragmatics (2) I leanred how far i can push myself before i feel like giving up...it isn't discipline, it's testing.

If i want to be a good person, i can move into a wat and contemplate the good life, not get hit by people for several hours a week.

-----------------------------------------------------------
    "you think you're tough? try riding on the back of a moto in downtown Phnom Penh"---jzf

"i left my heart in laos, but my wallet in cambodia
    There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/14/2003 9:39am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a question - how does learning to fight like a monkey or a preying mantis, or learning to use the "reptile brain" help you to evolve spiritually?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/14/2003 9:53am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    giving so much money away to some scam dojo makes you a better person because you realize money and material goods are fleeting at best.

-----------------------------------------------------------
    "you think you're tough? try riding on the back of a moto in downtown Phnom Penh"---jzf

"i left my heart in laos, but my wallet in cambodia
    There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    5/14/2003 9:59am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    RobP you doubt the power of the Kundalini!!!! When my reptile brains awakens I will show you but thoroughly trashing you while maintaining a very moral and spiritual character!!!

I am glad to see others that think like I do. MA is no different than anything other task one takes on. The SAME benefits MA teachers like to throw around can be developed in other activities like cooking, painting, hiking, stamp collecting, what have you. And like I said in another thread how many MA instructors are qualified to judge or guide someones spirituality or social development? Not many I know of (closer to NONE)I find it so funny that pple take something as simple as a pugil skills and try to pass it off as the key to life. I don't ever recall joining a school and thinking, "Man I hope these can teach some good spirituality because I need it." It was more like, "I wonder what tricks I can learn here that will help me on my quest to Rule the world of MA!!!'
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    5/14/2003 10:06am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Body Mind and Spirit are interlinked and martial art such as Kung-Fu and Tai-chi teaches us about the vital points and channels in the human body. By practicing martial arts we find balance, strength and harmony and we synchronize with the Supreme Spirit, the spirit that moves all things or in the words of Shrii Shrii Anandamurtii, Supreme Consciousness.

When Bodhidharma travelled from India to China he gave more in-depth knowledge about breathing techniques and meditation as practiced in Yoga. He enhanced their performance, but most importantly he gave it a spiritual dimension as practiced today as the only authentic and practical form of Tantra Yoga and taught by Ananda Marga monks and nuns. What is today known as "Zen" was earlier "Chan" and originally "Dhyan" in Sanskrit. It means "Ideation on the Supreme", a higher form of meditation taught in the 6th. lesson of Ananda Marga. Read more in the latest edition of the SADVIPRA.

Posted On:
    5/14/2003 10:08am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also as far the SAGE MASTERS GO

Funakoshi was not saint he wanted to use Karate to teach us barbarians how to stay in line. (This he wrote in his first book)

Oyama well it really is no secret he was a THUG. He grew out of hit as he got older but he wasn't Mr Nice guy. He offered to 'punish' Rikizodan (a fellow KOREAN) for Kimura.

Kano may be on of the few that actually was an all around alright guy.

Ueshiba also no saint he was a ruffian in his younger years as well he mellowed with age.

Takamatsu even at an old age he threatened to kill a guy who insulted him. (He challenged him to a fight to the death and the other guy backed off saying such things are done anymore) Takamatsu also was know for traveling with the purpose to get into fights. (sure pple say he just wanted to test his skills but some of the pple he fought he hurt badly, but he also go hurt at times)

Should I go on with the womanizing drunkards that compose the majority of Chinese MASTERS?

______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!!
    THE TRUE FIST OF THE NORTHSTAR!!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    5/14/2003 10:10am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Martial arts practiced without acknowledging the spiritual element remains a physical activity, certainly. But without reward of some kind, martial art will come and go like any other fad. Even Billy Blanks, in his Taebo videos, exhorts participants to ally themselves with a “higher power” in order to survive his workouts! As we have seen in the pro sport scene in the U.S., money, sex, ego and other such rewards come and go to the few that attain that physical level of achievement. After that, participants in a physical activity seek something else, and give up when it is not forthcoming. In more traditional martial art forms that hold out no hope of material reward, heart is all you get from the beginning. I see people come and go all the time for whom this is not enough, but, at bottom, that’s all there really is.

Posted On:
    5/14/2003 10:18am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ballonknot,

I see now that you been sticking with a lot of Martial MYTH and LORE. You need go and do some real research.

>Body Mind and Spirit are interlinked and martial art such as Kung-Fu and Tai-chi teaches us about the vital points and channels in the human body.

Your body and mind is interlinked in almost EVERYTHING you do. (Many pple now an then don't believe in a SPIRIT) MA is not mutually exclusive in this. And as far as vital points and channels. That came from MEDICINE not MA. MA adapted what they found useful, which knowing the weakness of your opponents body is a useful thing when you are trying to kill them. So the whole KI/CHI deal did not come from MA but from early DOCTORS.

>When Bodhidharma travelled from India to China he gave more in-depth knowledge about breathing techniques and meditation as practiced in Yoga

You have any evedience of this? If so myself and the rest of the world would like to see it. The whole Bodhidharama thing is a MYTH. Go to Cyberkwoon.com and speak with pple who make yearly trips to china and have been told that the story is more romatic fantasy than reality.

Also you talk about things that are NOT your's, or most pple here, culture. Why should I chare about ZEN, CHAN, TANTRA or whatever if I was not raised and do not share those believes?

______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!!
    THE TRUE FIST OF THE NORTHSTAR!!
    ______

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

-Daniel Tosh
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast