Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh yeah?!

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    5/04/2006 4:01pm

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't find anything right now but I'm going to look into it. I live near Dodge City and have made several pilgrimages to the OK Corall, so getting that kind of info shouldn't be too hard. We'll just see...

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    5/04/2006 9:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    115 gr. has been around for a looooonnng time . . . that's the same general range as the original loads from 1902, I believe. The 147 was created more or less in response to the FBI after the 1986 Miami shootout with Matix and Platt. In that firefight, several 9mm hits failed to stop the bad guys. . . but that was more an issue of placement. One round the FBI said should have been a stopper, for instance, struck one of the bank robbers in his arm and traveled through the arm and through the chest, just not far enough. That's a questionable stopper no matter what.

Anway, the FBI had to blame something other than the agents who pulled a felony stop when they weren't ready, letting their guns and, in one case their eyeglasses slide to the floor of their cars, and who had body armor but left it and the long guns in the vehicle trunks so they were engaging two centerfire rifles in trained hands using pistols and revolvers. They chose to blame the ammunition; they said the 9mm and .38 Spl. had lacked penetration. They wanted heavier 9mm loads so that penetration would be increased.

Since then, it seems clear that the 147 doesn't really offer much of an advantage. It's heavier, but it's subsonic, and "heavier" is very relative. It's not a 230 grain bullet or anything.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    5/04/2006 11:01pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So I ordered 100 rounds of DoubleTap 115gr Gold Dots
    I have 50 rounds of the Winchester SXT 147gr and 50 rounds of the Standard Winchester 147gr. HollowPoints.

I am going to NY next week. Once I get back I going down to the range and fire off each. Or maybe I go by my friend's farm and shoot water jugs. :dontknow:

I'll get a case of what ever rounds shoot best for me.
    Last edited by Plasma; 5/04/2006 11:03pm at .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12