225281 Bullies, 3730 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 70
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. JohnnyCache is offline
    JohnnyCache's Avatar

    All Out of Bubblegum

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,471

    Posted On:
    5/04/2006 6:27am

    supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd consider burning their house after nailing the doors shut.

    Except for one little thing: The OP is probably just as much bullshit larp as the wacky answers.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.
  2. crowey is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    bristol/falmouth UK
    Posts
    372

    Posted On:
    5/04/2006 7:20am


     Style: Kung Fu/TKD/MMA n00b

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tephlon
    If the OP was UK based, then advising him to absolutely not arm himself is pretty good.
    The Police and courts here are not just "pretty anal" about weapons, they will come down on you like a ton of bricks for carrying.
    In fact, should the OP really wish to get the Police involved, he should try telling them he stabbed one of his attackers next time he calls them.
    A prompt and robust response is virtually guaranteed.

    Firstly I agree that carring a weapon is a big no no in the UK, even if you are carrying it for "self defence". Secondly calling the police to say that he has stabbed an attacker to try and get a quicker responce is really really stupid. Allot of units will be called if a weapon is mentioned and violence has been offered or threatened and will waste alot of time and distance him further from the police. He will also find himself in court for wasting police time, which if I remember correctly can carry a jail term.
    I agree, if you were even caught carrying, you'll get a hefty sentence. more so if they realise you had the intention of actually using it. and IIRC if you *actually* use it and kill the guy, it's murder. 20-life. not much fun. even if you don't kill him it's GBH (I think?) you're still in a fuckload of trouble.

    if I was in that sort of situation, I'd be riding the police's ass to get them to sort it out. surely if he's been hospitalised from these attacks then he has enough to get them on assault?
  3. Leo is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    64

    Posted On:
    5/04/2006 7:31am


     Style: MMA/SDF

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just as a side-note.

    NOBODY should be dissing the SHR£DD£R with "testimonials" like this.

    "I had a weapon jam on me in a firefight here and the BG was on me too quick to transition to my 9mm. Even with a Black Belt in Judo, a Brown belt in BJJ, and years of Kali and Muay Thai training, I ended up shredding the bastard! This is something I have never even trained/drilled It just came out as a by-product of watching your DVDs. I am supposed to be re-looking the way we (US Special Forces) trains "combatives" after I rotate back to the US and might be dropping you a line or two to test run some concepts by you if you don't mind.

    Thanks again for your work!

    D.D.


    Here's another from a cop:

    Quote:
    Hi Richard

    I was approached by two LEO collegues today and asked how to explain the 'new' technique I have inserted into officer safety training over here. They took the training a few weeks ago. A short time ago they were involved in an arrest which went physical when the 'cuffs were about to be applied.

    With the male officer struggling to control the offenders arms as he tried to fight free, the female officer could see that things were taking a turn for the worse. Realizing that there was a real risk of them getting seriously hurt if this man broke free, she grabbed his head and rammed her palm into his face. Gripping on, she shredded the bad guys face, until he screamed out and gave up.

    There were no injuries to anyone involved, even the bad guy. The two officers were exited that something they had been taught in a DT class actually worked.

    MC "

    Wow... I think I'll just pack in training now and buy the SHR£DD£R DVD. Should keep me safe even in IRAQ!
  4. Firebrand is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    233

    Posted On:
    5/04/2006 7:35am


     Style: BJJ, Sambo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't take this the wrong way. But other than one or two posters, no one is offering this guy any sensible solutions either. Moving out is hardly a solution of any sort.

    This whole thing is pretty strange. And it is also not a domestic violence problem. This technically involves a gang beating up on a helpless victim over and over. If you ask me, that is a public safety problem and it would shock me that the police are not all over this. If constant hospital stays are involved, it is also a financial problem for the health system.

    I don't know about the UK but in the US, the police would be all over this one. Assault and battery (with the potential prison sentences) to say nothing about civil litigation that can ruin lives can certainly serve as a deterrent to this behavior. Someone should ask this guy to substantiate these allegations.
  5. FictionPimp is offline

    Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,147

    Posted On:
    5/04/2006 8:02am


     Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dont know about UK law, but with broken teeth, I'm sure you could get an investigation here in the US, not to mention Civil lawsuits and other fun stuff. Plus this is why I own a gun.
  6. BoardHitBack is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    923

    Posted On:
    5/04/2006 8:14am


     Style: Kyokushin

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by crowey
    I agree, if you were even caught carrying, you'll get a hefty sentence. more so if they realise you had the intention of actually using it. and IIRC if you *actually* use it and kill the guy, it's murder. 20-life. not much fun. even if you don't kill him it's GBH (I think?) you're still in a fuckload of trouble.
    I think when its multiple and/or armed attackers in the UK, you can use a weapon without that many legal problems. If you can prove that, like you say, you weren't carrying it with the intention of hurting someone. Fishing slice (under 3"), a walking stick, a brick, pool cue, anything makeshift and you'll be alright I think. Knives over with over 3" blades are a big no-no. Any silly CMA or other kung-fooy type weapons and you'll be considered a dangerous LARPing nutjob that should be locked up for being a idiot as much as anything.

    I might be misinformed.
    He who attains his ideal by that very fact transcends it- Nietzsche

    I like my Te like I like my tea- from Fujian province and without any bullshit in it. Oh, and green. And scented with jasmine blossoms...

    Quote Originally Posted by A Better American Than You
    In every country and every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot.
  7. PointyShinyBurn is offline
    PointyShinyBurn's Avatar

    Gnarly King of Half-Guard

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    4,220

    Posted On:
    5/04/2006 8:20am

    Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoardHitBack
    I think when its multiple and/or armed attackers in the UK, you can use a weapon without that many legal problems. If you can prove that, like you say, you weren't carrying it with the intention of hurting someone. Fishing slice (under 3"), a walking stick, a brick, pool cue, anything makeshift and you'll be alright I think. Knives over with over 3" blades are a big no-no. Any silly CMA or other kung-fooy type weapons and you'll be considered a dangerous LARPing nutjob that should be locked up for being a idiot as much as anything.

    I might be misinformed.
    Specifically, you're allowed a knife with a folding (and non locking) blade under three inches. They can still do you if they prove you intended to use it as a weapon.

    All sorts of hilarious kung fu weapons are specifically illegal.
    Last edited by PointyShinyBurn; 5/04/2006 8:23am at .
  8. BoardHitBack is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    923

    Posted On:
    5/04/2006 9:43am


     Style: Kyokushin

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn
    .All sorts of hilarious kung fu weapons are specifically illegal.
    My favorite piece of british criminal law...carrying nunchuku = up to 10 years being raped in prison unless you are on your way home from somewhere that you have just purchased them from, or are travelling to or from your martial arts class.

    As far as I tell, this is because nunchuku are stupid instruments of self-harm and anyone carrying them is a LARPTASTIC twat. .

    I'm not a lawyer, nor trying to become one, so please have some salt to hand.
    He who attains his ideal by that very fact transcends it- Nietzsche

    I like my Te like I like my tea- from Fujian province and without any bullshit in it. Oh, and green. And scented with jasmine blossoms...

    Quote Originally Posted by A Better American Than You
    In every country and every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot.
  9. PointyShinyBurn is offline
    PointyShinyBurn's Avatar

    Gnarly King of Half-Guard

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    4,220

    Posted On:
    5/04/2006 9:51am

    Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoardHitBack
    My favorite piece of british criminal law...carrying nunchuku = up to 10 years being raped in prison unless you are on your way home from somewhere that you have just purchased them from, or are travelling to or from your martial arts class.

    As far as I tell, this is because nunchuku are stupid instruments of self-harm and anyone carrying them is a LARPTASTIC twat. .

    I'm not a lawyer, nor trying to become one, so please have some salt to hand.
    The reason hand/foot claws are in the same category however, is the the UK is secretly run by pirates...
  10. BoardHitBack is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    923

    Posted On:
    5/04/2006 10:00am


     Style: Kyokushin

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn
    The reason hand/foot claws are in the same category however, is the the UK is secretly run by pirates...
    It was nice knowing you, PointyShinyBurn. I hope your end is painless.
    He who attains his ideal by that very fact transcends it- Nietzsche

    I like my Te like I like my tea- from Fujian province and without any bullshit in it. Oh, and green. And scented with jasmine blossoms...

    Quote Originally Posted by A Better American Than You
    In every country and every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.