Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/04/2006 12:39am

Style: TKD/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I left my Aikido dojo it was the week my first test was to take place (took a whole year for this event to finally take place) my instructor did not become angry nor upset, simply said "well, I hope you find what you are looking for. if you ever decide to come back Aikido will be here for you" That's basically what honesty got me, you should do the same. Be honest, if the style doesnt suite you or you feel as if time could be better spent training in another art/dojo/style then for fucks sake do it. Wasted time is a bitch.

On a side note, I did partially quit Aikido because this damned site opened my eyes a bit, it is rather humorous though that the only legit place around teaching with the most amount of contact and with out esoteric bullshit was a TKD dojang.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/04/2006 6:12am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hmm i'll try honesty, worst that happens is I go train there anyway.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/04/2006 9:39am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember when I left my—ing –un, th seiang looked about three heartbeats from fook sauing my ass. He had great conviction he was right and his art was right, and conviction is the greatest enemy of truth.

Judo: the anti-trapple

Posted On:
    5/04/2006 12:19pm

supporting member
     Style: Jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kxfour
    I just stopped going to mine, although I need to contact them within the week to tell them what's up - I feel it would be really disrespectful not to, I still don't know how to tell my sifu. Doing MMA+BJJ now and i'll never go back.
    Ditto, my story is exactly the same. They really don't get why I'm leaving, they are dumbfounded.

When I was boxing a little on the side they said "why would you want to stand there and trade punches".

When they found out I did BJJ they wanted to know why I didn't take their grappling program and I was told that once I saw the material in the senior sash levels (secret techniques), I would probably quit BJJ.

Tell them you want to compete, it works like a charm at "street" oriented self defense schools. It proves to them that you are an idiot and not redeemable anyway.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/04/2006 12:31pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtschneider
    This thread is mainly about leaving a dojo/jang or gym.

I've been thinking a lot about it lately, and I feel i really want to branch out into different Martial art training opposed from my TKD, and others. I'm looking into Judo which upon sitting in on a few classes doesn't look like bullshido. Now my predicament is, I don't want to leave my current dojang with any bad blood. I've got a few good friends out of the one I'm at, and pretty good training as well. Any advice out there?
    Walk into class, kick your sensie in the nuts and hit the next hieghest rank in the throat, then grab the hotest TKD chick in the class, and back out slowly Jim Brewer style from Half Baked....

"Alright maaaannnn!!! whose comin with me???? I'm not gonna freeeaak out er nothing, but who's coming with me"

That should work. Stupid thread.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12