Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    5/02/2006 7:46pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FriedxRice
    excuse my noobness, but what's the kimura throw?
    Checks this short Karo's clip -
    http://www.groundfighter.com/uploads...5%20Kimura.WMV

Also check the following clip at 4:40 -
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...n+judo&pl=true

*** EDIT ***

Now that I remember, that technique was first discussed in this forum a few months ago : http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...ura+throw+karo
    Last edited by Teh El Macho; 5/02/2006 7:51pm at .
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/03/2006 11:49am

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I downloaded that instructional from the MMA tracker a while back. It's pretty good.

Judo Instructor

Posted On:
    5/05/2006 11:39am

supporting member
     Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just love to think how all the naf-nafs who learn their techniques from the internet, dislocate each others shoulders with Karo's sumi gaeshi into ude garami ( sorry Kimura throw) .
    Good video

Posted On:
    5/05/2006 12:51pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AFS
    I just love to think how all the naf-nafs who learn their techniques from the internet, dislocate each others shoulders with Karo's sumi gaeshi into ude garami ( sorry Kimura throw) .
    Good video
    Does this happen a lot? I already know no-gi versions of all the throws but the sumi gaeshi into a kimura (which I am not really interested in learning via video), so I'm mostly interested in Karo's setups and any particular little tweaks that he uses for his versions of the throws.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/05/2006 1:39pm

Style: Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've heard that Shonie Carter also has some instructionals dealing with ways to apply Judo in a no-gi situation. Has anyone seen these? Supposedly, these are better than Karo's.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    5/05/2006 3:00pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by T3hJudoChop
    I've heard that Shonie Carter also has some instructionals dealing with ways to apply Judo in a no-gi situation. Has anyone seen these? Supposedly, these are better than Karo's.
    http://www.fightresource.com/shop/vi...b241321854afba ;)
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    5/05/2006 3:56pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, I'm glad someone else made this thread, because I was going to, then it'd be sent to guantinamo. I was questioning Judo's effectiveness in it's entirety the other day, when directly applied to a gi-less situation, and I've decided this: When i get my new duplex, I'll put padding down in the basement. Then I'll put some other **** down there too and make it into a gym-dojo. My Judo class gets out at 8. I'll take some of the harder core players there and bring them down to my place for an hour or two and turn this thing functional, sort of like an afterclass fight club. you can't learn well from a video. You have to learn yourself. Thoughts?

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    5/05/2006 4:06pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Underhooks, underhooks, underhooks. Use a baseball slide motion so you go under his legs. At the moment you throw him you should be looking at his gooch.

If it fails, it's a nifty transition into all those sweeps you can do because noone ever stands in your guard anymore, leg locks, and x guard.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/05/2006 4:47pm

Style: judo, wrestling, bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by baofuhaibo
    Wow, I'm glad someone else made this thread, because I was going to, then it'd be sent to guantinamo. I was questioning Judo's effectiveness in it's entirety the other day, when directly applied to a gi-less situation, and I've decided this: When i get my new duplex, I'll put padding down in the basement. Then I'll put some other **** down there too and make it into a gym-dojo. My Judo class gets out at 8. I'll take some of the harder core players there and bring them down to my place for an hour or two and turn this thing functional, sort of like an afterclass fight club. you can't learn well from a video. You have to learn yourself. Thoughts?
    If anyone gets hurt, an even vaguely competent lawyer would rape you and make you like it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/05/2006 6:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Judo is cool, but a lot of the throws involve turning your back on your opponent and it's just way too risky (for me, at least). Yes, there have been exceptions in MMA, but even so... I'd rather stick to higher percentage moves. IMHO if MMA has shown us anything, it's that it's better to have a few, simple, high-percentage moves than a myriad of more exotic and impressive ones.
    I'm not bad-mouthing Judo here, it's good for the magical place, but wrestling is better adapted to fighting (for takedowns) IMHO, and wrestling also contains all of the no-gi arm and hip throws.

To sound a bit more pro-judo, if I couldn't take MMA then Judo is the only other thing I'd bother with since I'm not as into my striking, and wrestling has no subs.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast