Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/02/2006 4:35pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Firearms in National Forests Bill Passes Florida Legislature - NRA/USL Supported Bi

TO: USF & NRA Members and Friends
    NRA Past President
    Executive Director Unified Sportsmen of Florida

A bill supported by the National Rifle Association and Unified Sportsmen of Florida to allow possession of firearms for self-defense and other lawful purposes while in National Forests and State Parks in Florida passed the Florida Legislature today and is on its way to Governor Jeb Bush (R) for his signature.

HB-1029 Sponsored by Representative Dennis Baxley (R-Ocala) in the House and Senator Bill Posey (R-Rockledge) in the Senate does the following:

1. Repeals the law that bans firearms in National Forests in Florida (s. 790.11, 790.12, 790.14)

2. Directs the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) to repeal its rule that bans firearms in State Parks (rule 62D-2.014(10).

3. Requires that all other applicable firearms laws be followed.

4. Requires that a new rule be formulated by DEP that allows firearms in state parks and stipulates that firearms shall at all times be in the possession of a responsible party or properly secured within or to a vehicle or temporary housing, which shall include motor homes, travel trailers, recreational vehicles, campers, tents, or other enclosed structures, while in state parks.

The bill passed the House 90-27 and passed the Senate 31-6

Special thanks go to Senate President Tom Lee (R-Brandon) and House Speaker Allan Bense (R-Panama City) for helping move this legislation.

SENATE (CO-SPONSORS) Senator Carey Baker (R), and Senator Burt Saunders (R)

HOUSE (CO-SPONSORS) Donna Clarke (R); Adam Hasner (R); Alan Hays (R); Paige Kreegel (R); Dwight Stansel (D); Trey Traviesa (R)

THOSE WHO VOTED AGAINST THE BILL IN THE HOUSE:

Representatives Bruce Anton (D), Loranne Ausley (D), Dorothy Bendross-Mindingall (D), Phillip Brutus (D), Susan Bucher (D), Edward Bullard (D), Terry Fields (D), Anne Gannon (D), Dan Gelber (D), Audrey Gibson (D), Ken Gottlieb (D), Wilbert Holloway (D), Arthenia Joyner (D), Charlie Justice (D), Richard Machek (D), Matthew Meadows (D), Frank Peterman (D), Ari Porth (D), Yolly Roberson (D), Tim Ryan (D), Franklin Sands (D), Jack Seiler (D), Irving Slosberg (D), Chris Smith (D), Eleanor Sobel (D), Priscilla Taylor (D), Shelly Vana (D)

THOSE WHO VOTED AGAINST THE BILL IN THE SENATE:

Senators Steve Geller (D), Ron Klein (D), Les Miller (D), Gwen Margolis (D), Nan Rich (D), Gary Siplin
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/02/2006 8:14pm

Style: hackery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmm. I didn't know that you COULDN'T do this before.

That's rather interesting. Anyone know what the deal is in Wyoming? I go out to the Bighorns every year with a big group of friends, and someone's always brought along a rifle or two for target practice, heh ...

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/02/2006 8:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by unpossible
    Hmm. I didn't know that you COULDN'T do this before.

That's rather interesting. Anyone know what the deal is in Wyoming? I go out to the Bighorns every year with a big group of friends, and someone's always brought along a rifle or two for target practice, heh ...
    I would think it would be suicide not to have a firearm out there in Wyoming!!!
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/03/2006 1:11am

Style: hackery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    I would think it would be suicide not to have a firearm out there in Wyoming!!!
    You're kidding, right?

Wyoming has fewer people living in it than Rhode island. It's a wasteland. There's no one around for miles, and in the Bighorns even the bears there are few and far between (and only black bears).

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    5/03/2006 4:33am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by unpossible
    You're kidding, right?

Wyoming has fewer people living in it than Rhode island. It's a wasteland. There's no one around for miles, and in the Bighorns even the bears there are few and far between (and only black bears).
    Dude, I live in wyoming.

You made me cry.

(actually it's all true)
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/03/2006 8:22am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I meant firearms, I meant in the State Forests, etc, you know, the subject of this thread. :):):)

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    5/03/2006 9:39am

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    When I meant firearms, I meant in the State Forests, etc, you know, the subject of this thread. :):):)
    Are you talking about shooting Bambi?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/03/2006 12:46pm

Style: Arnis, judo, Taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckyokushin
    Are you talking about shooting Bambi?

No but i am going to shoot prarie dogs today....... Sorry derail

Colorado has a similar law to the one just enacted in Florida. Also the description of Wyoming is accurate the capitol city has a population of 51,000+ people. My home town of Brighton Colorado (ever heard of it? didnt think so.) has more people then the capitol of Wyoming.......

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/04/2006 2:55pm

Style: untrained idiot

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    State parks have the lowest violent crime resolution rates of all areas. they also have growing issues with people growing drugs and violently protecting their drug fields from people walking by them...

this is a good development!