224909 Bullies, 3295 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1 to 10 of 12
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. redneckdiver is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Only, Tennessee, United States
    Posts
    9

    Posted On:
    5/01/2006 3:04pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: wannabe BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    what about Yoshukai?

    My wife's cousin is a Yoshokai Karate instructor. Is Yoshukai full of Bullshido?
  2. meng_mao is offline
    meng_mao's Avatar

    software engineer

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Westford, MA
    Posts
    2,007

    Posted On:
    5/01/2006 3:07pm

    supporting member
     Style: kickboxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by redneckdiver
    My wife's cousin is a Yoshokai Karate instructor. Is Yoshukai full of Bullshido?
    you know, you could have just posted a public thread asking about the school you were interested in. That would be much more relevant and probably more interesting that this post, which is hard for anyone to answer.
    52 blocks documentary: arrived

    "Joe Lauzon looks like a quiet, Internet guy..." -- Dana White
  3. Method2Madness is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    833

    Posted On:
    5/01/2006 3:16pm


     Style: BJJ and MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.yoshukai.org/

    is this the style of karate your talking about?
    Last edited by Method2Madness; 5/01/2006 3:20pm at .
  4. redneckdiver is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Only, Tennessee, United States
    Posts
    9

    Posted On:
    5/01/2006 3:31pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: wannabe BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by meng_mao
    you know, you could have just posted a public thread asking about the school you were interested in. That would be much more relevant and probably more interesting that this post, which is hard for anyone to answer.
    O.k. crappler, I'll bite. In trying to not start a bunch of pointless posts to be allowed to chat with someone who would most likely know about the school, I have been forced to come up with 10 steaming piles of crap to be allowed to PM. This is what, the 4th or 5th pile of crap? No, Yoshukai is definitely not what I'm interested in, since I suspect it is useless against anybody not fighting in the same style. I'm interested in Nashville MMA. Nashville MMA claims to be the only worthwhile organization in my area. My wife's cousin would fall under the people that Nashville MMA bashes on their website.
  5. Samfoo is offline
    Samfoo's Avatar

    Knee + Head = Black Eye * 2

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Seattle (Ballard), WA
    Posts
    1,023

    Posted On:
    5/01/2006 3:42pm

    supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by redneckdiver
    O.k. crappler, I'll bite. In trying to not start a bunch of pointless posts to be allowed to chat with someone who would most likely know about the school, I have been forced to come up with 10 steaming piles of crap to be allowed to PM. This is what, the 4th or 5th pile of crap? No, Yoshukai is definitely not what I'm interested in, since I suspect it is useless against anybody not fighting in the same style. I'm interested in Nashville MMA. Nashville MMA claims to be the only worthwhile organization in my area. My wife's cousin would fall under the people that Nashville MMA bashes on their website.
    Step 1: Stop being a jackass.

    Step 2: Speak coherently, your post is difficult to decipher. What is it that you want exactly? Are you interested in our opinion on Yoshukai or on Nashville MMA?
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris
    Imagine if track was run like the martial arts community. While the winning teams would just sprint down the field, smoking the competition, you'd have a bunch of losers running around explaining how they can skip down the track just as fast. Never mind that it doesn't fucking work. Oh no, they're too fast for track. They run on the STREET.
  6. meng_mao is offline
    meng_mao's Avatar

    software engineer

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Westford, MA
    Posts
    2,007

    Posted On:
    5/01/2006 3:52pm

    supporting member
     Style: kickboxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samfoo
    Step 1: Stop being a jackass.

    Step 2: Speak coherently, your post is difficult to decipher. What is it that you want exactly? Are you interested in our opinion on Yoshukai or on Nashville MMA?
    from his profile "did 1 Judo class in college - liked it but caught a severe case of bronchitis afterwards and never made it back - other than that, I have some natural wrestling abilities, used to spar with and easily defeat all my buds - need to get into some real training and see what I can do - looking into Nashville MMA, but live 70 miles away - work @ Cummins by the airport, so considering their BJJ midday session over lunch"

    and

    Quote Originally Posted by redneckdiver
    Hey, that's why I'm a NOOB - thanks for the info. I just happened to see someone in my area who probably trains at the place i've been loooking into. So I have to come up with 10 posts... interesting.
    52 blocks documentary: arrived

    "Joe Lauzon looks like a quiet, Internet guy..." -- Dana White
  7. redneckdiver is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Only, Tennessee, United States
    Posts
    9

    Posted On:
    5/01/2006 3:56pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: wannabe BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samfoo
    Step 1: Stop being a jackass.

    Step 2: Speak coherently, your post is difficult to decipher. What is it that you want exactly? Are you interested in our opinion on Yoshukai or on Nashville MMA?
    I appologize if you thought I was trying to be a jackass. I have just started getting into MA since being out of it for something like 12-13 years. I never intended to start a post. I was just looking around and saw someone who was doing MMA in my area and wanted to PM her. I can't do that until I've reached 10 posts. meng_mao graciously pointed out that fact in the newbie forum before ripping on me here. Yoshukai is just something I'm curious about. From what I know, it is mostly about breaking boards and all the things that signal a McDojo. Other than that I'm looking for info on Nashville MMA.
  8. BoardHitBack is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    923

    Posted On:
    5/01/2006 3:59pm


     Style: Kyokushin

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    redneckdiver, do you know where I can buy TAPOUT T-shirts?
    He who attains his ideal by that very fact transcends it- Nietzsche

    I like my Te like I like my tea- from Fujian province and without any bullshit in it. Oh, and green. And scented with jasmine blossoms...

    Quote Originally Posted by A Better American Than You
    In every country and every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot.
  9. meng_mao is offline
    meng_mao's Avatar

    software engineer

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Westford, MA
    Posts
    2,007

    Posted On:
    5/01/2006 4:02pm

    supporting member
     Style: kickboxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by redneckdiver
    before ripping on me here.
    Ripping on noobs? no, that's not really my style. We'll see if some others decide to do that to you.

    As for MMA in Nashville, I'm guess the two people that are in Nashville will come to the rescue with info, which will solve your PM problem.
    52 blocks documentary: arrived

    "Joe Lauzon looks like a quiet, Internet guy..." -- Dana White
  10. redneckdiver is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Only, Tennessee, United States
    Posts
    9

    Posted On:
    5/01/2006 4:03pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: wannabe BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoardHitBack
    redneckdiver, do you know where I can buy TAPOUT T-shirts?
    No, but I'd bet you can find out if you watch UFC Unleashed tonight.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.