Sponsored Links Spacer Image

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    5/01/2006 3:41am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If your footwork is right, all you have to do is integrate the short drop into it.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

It's pretty beat up, but it is a complete copy....

Posted On:
    5/02/2006 11:21pm

supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT/ Latosa Concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    as johhny says, you do not need to step, just drop, but steping is an easy way to learn it becuase it helps you get the timing..you need to hit just before the front foot touches the ground.

a simple drill on a heavy bag is to lift your front foot up six inchs (or less) as you make the hit. Alot of people get stuck on pushing off with the back leg when they step and so they cancel out the falling aspect. Get set up in a good stance and a good range and hit without moving forward. Then try just lifting the front foot up when you hit. (You need to be in some kind of front stance ofcoarse!)

Don't push with it, just lift it up so gravity kicks in, adding "falling" to the hit. Its just a drill to help you get the feel of it.
    Last edited by Dr._Tzun_Tzu; 5/02/2006 11:40pm at .

"If anything is gained from this, it should be you both wanting to get better so you can make up for how crappy you are now." KidSpatula about the Sirc vs DTT Gong Sau Event
    Until the Bulltube is fixed:
    DTT vs Sirc

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    5/03/2006 1:02am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr._Tzun_Tzu
    as johhny says, you do not need to step, just drop, but steping is an easy way to learn it becuase it helps you get the timing..you need to hit just before the front foot touches the ground.

a simple drill on a heavy bag is to lift your front foot up six inchs (or less) as you make the hit. Alot of people get stuck on pushing off with the back leg when they step and so they cancel out the falling aspect. Get set up in a good stance and a good range and hit without moving forward. Then try just lifting the front foot up when you hit. (You need to be in some kind of front stance ofcoarse!)

Don't push with it, just lift it up so gravity kicks in, adding "falling" to the hit. Its just a drill to help you get the feel of it.
    You can't fall onto your front foot falling-step style if you're lifting it. I don't think I like you helping me. This will get the "falling" part but it will actually sabotage what you need to do with your hips and knees.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

AKAKTK

Posted On:
    5/03/2006 1:14am

Style: Liu Seong Gung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i'd go with J.C. on that one...

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    5/03/2006 1:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, I have to ask, DTT, have you ever actually done that or did it just sound good as you were typing it?

AKAKTK

Posted On:
    5/03/2006 1:52am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    xingyi chicken

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    5/03/2006 4:15am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, you do NEED to step and hit in the window where your front toes are on the ground but your heel is dropping.

You just integrate the dropping power into *normal* footwork.

AKAKTK

Posted On:
    5/03/2006 12:37pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yes indeed

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    5/03/2006 2:07pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I tend to assume everything Tzun Tzu says is wrong.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    5/03/2006 3:20pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    maybe it's just late, but I think I may be too stupid to know what the **** you're saying
    BWHAHAHAHAAHAHA (** coughing coffee out of nostrils***). I love it when a woman is direct and articulate :toothy3:
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast