Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    5/01/2006 12:23am

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    One of the girls that we met in Washington sent me a message on FighterGirls.net regarding one of the fighters in my bracket, Adrienne Jenkins. Turns out she's married to Jens Pulver from the UFC and has a bunch of pro MMA fights under her belt. Hopefully won't be too much of an issue, but I think she'll be fighting Marie Sturm (my opponent from my second match) on the first round of fights so we'll see how that plays out.
    Married to Jens Pulver and listed as Team Militech, I'd expect her to win, but STurm is listed as "Team Roundkick" and the event is put on by "Roundkick Promotions", so I'd be expecting Sturm to win a decision unless Jenkins finishes her.

The two girls in Kat's bracket so far, Katlyn Young and Charmaine Tweet, are instructors at their respective gyms. Katlyn is an instructor at a TKD school
    I expect Kat will beat her into a living death (tm Shamrock)

and Charmaine Tweet teaches at Duke Roufus' gym (Duke Roufus also happens to be the thai boxing coach of my old instructor).
    Whoosht. Roufus is a certified badass. Unless she's clueless on the ground, Tweet's probably the biggest challenge in the tournament, period.

Good luck, both of you.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    5/01/2006 12:48am

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's a muay thai tournament, so her ground game doesn't really come into play =P

Concerning Roo Sturm, I fought her before and lost to a fairly close decision. I've cleaned up my game and am pretty confident that I could beat her this time around (I lost pretty much entirely due to getting tired out from clinch work, which I had not practiced in some time prior to the match). Adrienne sounds pretty formidable, but yeah, I wouldn't expect Pete to put his fighter in the ring against someone he thought would maul her.

We'll see how things turn out.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    5/01/2006 12:49am

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fatherdog
    Whoosht. Roufus is a certified badass. Unless she's clueless on the ground, Tweet's probably the biggest challenge in the tournament, period.

Good luck, both of you.
    It's not MMA so the ground game is removed, for better or worse.

I think i stand a pretty tight chance but she does have a 2 inch height advantage.

Posted On:
    5/01/2006 10:53am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's a muay thai tournament, so her ground game doesn't really come into play =P
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    It's not MMA so the ground game is removed, for better or worse.
    I have to start posting with a lower BAC so I don't neglect to read important details.

Anyway! Good luck, and kick some ass.

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 8:36am

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We leave for this competetion today.

I'm not paticularly happy that I'm going to be matched up with Tweet first since I'll only have about 3-4~ hours to rehydrate and get some food in me while I try and make at least a partial recovery from about a weeks worth of weight cutting. I was hoping to take on one of the other girls and then have a climactic showdown with Tweet once I was more completely recovered the next night.

I need to make 153 for the fight, sitting at around 154.5 right now. Expecting to lose a pound or so over the rest of today and part of tomorrow. Taking my sweat suit just in case.

Technically I feel like I will make a pretty strong showing and simply hope that the weight cutting doesnt kill my energy levels to much, I've been sparring in my sauna suit and seem to hold out more or less ok for 3 rounds~ but I deffinitly start feeling it early, Havent tried any sparring without the suit in the past couple days so I am just kind of hoping that once I lose it I will see some improved energy, especially after I get some food and drink in me.

I have high hopes for this, I'd look good with a big shiny belt imo.

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 8:59am

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good luck to both of you.

I'm sure the videos will labelled in the same vein as "man, it must suck to get hit by me"
    He who attains his ideal by that very fact transcends it- Nietzsche

I like my Te like I like my tea- from Fujian province and without any bullshit in it. Oh, and green. And scented with jasmine blossoms...

Quote Originally Posted by A Better American Than You
    In every country and every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/24/2006 10:16am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Concerning Roo Sturm, I fought her before and lost to a fairly close decision. I've cleaned up my game and am pretty confident that I could beat her this time around (I lost pretty much entirely due to getting tired out from clinch work, which I had not practiced in some time prior to the match). Adrienne sounds pretty formidable, but yeah, I wouldn't expect Pete to put his fighter in the ring against someone he thought would maul her. We'll see how things turn out.
    On the contrary, Pete strives for as even of matches as possible. He has NEVER set up one of his fighters to automatically win. He wants them to get legitimate ring experience, not an easy win. An unanimous decision is not a "close" decision, Ashly. When Roo fought Katie, that was a split decision, which is as close as you can get, so her fight against Katie was a lot closer and more even then her match against you. Not saying anything negative against you, just stating the facts. Katie is a very strong, good fighter, and very nice outside the ring.

As long as I am correcting some incorrect statements. Charmaine used to train with Duke, she is now in Canada with Siam Muay Thai Academy, she hasn't been in Milwaukee for close to a year now. Katlynn Young trains at Greg Nelson's gym, which is not some "TKD" school, and anyone that is involved in Muay Thai has heard of Greg and his phenominal skills.

some other info... AJ has not had numerous mma fights, she had 3, actual ring time maybe 5 minutes. and Kat is no longer a "pro", since I assisted her with straightening that up for her. I don't agree with promoters taking advantage of the fighters, and had thought she deserved a chance to fight at the World event. Maybe I should have let her figure it out on her own after reading all of these threads.

All of the women mentioned on this thread deserve RESPECT. They are all nice, train hard, and treat others with respect. There is definitely a difference in fighters that have trained as martial artists and begin fighting and those that just go into a gym and want to fight.

Posted On:
    5/24/2006 11:41am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pammypanda1
    On the contrary, Pete strives for as even of matches as possible. He has NEVER set up one of his fighters to automatically win.
    She didn't say he was setting her up with an automatic win, just that she didn't think he'd set her up with a fighter he thought would maul her. I wouldn't let someone I trained with fight someone I thought would maul him, either - that's just dumb.

An unanimous decision is not a "close" decision, Ashly.
    A decision being unanimous does not mean it wasn't close, and people saying otherwise don't understand how judging works.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    5/24/2006 10:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have to say, Pammy, you seem determined to take offense. I don't see what's been said about any of these women that was disrespectful--and Bullshido is a place where asking for "respect" even for legitimate reasons will be regarded with narrowed and suspicious eyes.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123